The online racing simulator
T=Chat, Shift+T= Private Chat Suggestion
Hello, if this is suggested before, please give the link for me on it.

Are you never think about:

You want to chat for others but don't want that everyone could to read it, then I have a idea.

Pressing N, you get the name list, There would be a little letter on name which is:
P
= Player have not activated to join private chat (While Shift+T, cannot read a private)
P = Player is activated to join private chat (While Shift+T, can read a private)

Shift + T = Chat on private.

Edit: Ctrl+T = Using TCP for position updates

This would be a very nice improvement suggestion. For Example: while team racing! You don't want that everyone reads your racing strategy, don't you?

WHY THIS IS USEFUL?

- If have no microphone or teamspeak softwares
- don't want to use any teamspeaks
- if cannot speak well of just can't speak (speechless)
- don't want to talk that everyone could read it
- don't want to use voice on chat

WHAT ARE PROBLEMS?

- to save a mpr file, can read also on private chats
- can still copy to others what are you saying (could say as some kind of cheating)
- you are still using it at own risk
- have never tried
Meh. Usually if you NEED to have the chat private, you have a private teamspeak channel with the person you need to speak to.

+-0
#3 - JVL
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Hello, if this is suggested before, please give the link for me on it.

You want to chat for others but don't want that everyone could to read it, then I have a idea.

Pressing N, you get the name list, There would be a little letter on name which is:
P
= Player have not activated to join private chat
P = Player is activated to join private chat

This would be a very nice improvement suggestion. For Example: while team racing! You don't want that everyone reads your racing strategy, don't you?

+1
I don`t know if this was suggestioned before, but anyway would be a nice tool for teams while on league servers in order to talk of setups like ''change valor of gearbox Final Gear from 3.050 to 3.078''.
pretty good suggestion, +1
i like it +1
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Hello, if this is suggested before, please give the link for me on it.

P
= Player have not activated to join private chat
P = Player is activated to join private chat

Good idea. But I have a better idea.

The developers created the insim interface for the sole purpose of allowing the community to implement their own ideas and server/client based functions at our own free will. I suspect they did this so they could focus more on other parts of LFS that we don't have control over. Example: Cars, Tracks, Physics, etc.....

I'm not saying you post is pointless or stupid as another poster has already tried to do with the teamspeak option. That isn't an option and requires more coordination and really was just a smart smart assed remark as far as I could tell. That or they are trying to boost the number of posts on the forums. They should have kept it to themselves....

Back on track now.... You're suggestion is far from stupid.

My point is: You have the control to write a custom insim app to do this. You could even share this with the community if you are so inclined so make it happen. All it needs is work and some tender lovin' to make you idea a reality.

Cheers.

Jay
im not sure you can make an app that affects someone else's game unless they have also downloaded this 'private chat' app. That might make it difficult to implement. It would be easier to just have shift-t with the option to block private messages.
LFS has this kind of thinbelieve the problem is used it somethimes ut forggot the key combo.

But there is way in LFS on server to chat to a specifik user
really? pics or it didnt happen
Quote from MijnWraak :Meh. Usually if you NEED to have the chat private, you have a private teamspeak channel with the person you need to speak to.

+-0

But if there have no teamspeak or microphone?
Could be nice if people want to argue - then they can do it in private
Quote from jbirdaspec :I'm not saying you post is pointless or stupid as another poster has already tried to do with the teamspeak option. That isn't an option and requires more coordination and really was just a smart smart assed remark as far as I could tell. That or they are trying to boost the number of posts on the forums. They should have kept it to themselves....

Maybe you should read that post again. There was no smart assed remark or calling the post stupid. It was just an opinion. I agree with it, btw.
I like
Problem is: you can't (or shouldn't) save private messages in MPR files so it's very difficult to properly report somebody for abuse. But then again, you "activate" private chat at your own risk.

But I like it, because some of the public conversations I've seen lately have been quite ridiculous AMB

There is a private message Insim Application and although it's not ideal, it's still quite a nice feature.
Quote from zeugnimod :Maybe you should read that post again. There was no smart assed remark or calling the post stupid. It was just an opinion. I agree with it, btw.

It wasn't an opinion

Opinion - a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

An opinion would go more like - "I like TeamSpeak over private chatting over "

But rather his suggestion... sort of.

Suggestion - the process of inducing a thought, sensation, or action in a receptive person without using persuasion and without giving rise to reflection in the recipient.

That didn't fit the description of the original post. So I offered an alternative solution that we can provide for our selfs with the liberty's we have been provided with by the devs.

Typing in all caps (the word NEED) as apply to the Internet -
This form of typography also appears in on-line forums. It was once an inevitable byproduct of using machines with limited support for lowercase text (such as certain dumb terminals, early Apple II models), but as full support of ASCII became standard, it became solely identified with "shouting" or attention-seeking behaviour. As a result, netiquette generally discourages the use of all caps.

This word "NEED" is proposing this is what should happen and this post should have never been done in the first place. Combined with the " +-0 " could be perceived as a last attempt to show neutrality and still learn toward no solution with LFS, even though it is clearly stated before hand he should just use teamspeak and forget improvement.

In my response I have inadvertently shown an example of being smart assed myself. Maybe this is why I perceived it this way out of my own weakness.

Full Circle I suppose...

And Please... why would I write that long post encouraging community development if I didn't take time to read the posts???

And yes. Server side app was my suggestion.
Quote from jbirdaspec :A lot of text about one post that consists of one sentence

Wow, you must be really bored. This is a forum, just read what's written and don't analyse every single word/number psychologically.
Quote from zeugnimod :Wow, you must be really bored. This is a forum, just read what's written and don't analyse every single word/number psychologically.

+1 ..."psychologically", Excellent Doctor Zeug...

But saying this:

If have no teamspeak or microphone or DON'T WANT to use a voice on chat, then we might think this suggestion for seriously.
Quote from jbirdaspec :Good idea. But I have a better idea.

The developers created the insim interface for the sole purpose of allowing the community to implement their own ideas...

I'm not saying you post is pointless or stupid as another poster has already tried to do with the teamspeak option. That isn't an option and requires more coordination and really was just a smart smart assed remark as far as I could tell. That or they are trying to boost the number of posts on the forums. They should have kept it to themselves....

I agree with you with the "InSim philosophy" part of your post, and that this Shift+T suggestion is a good one, but totally disagree from all the rest.

Nobody ever said that the Shif+T improvement is something stupid, pointless, or whatever...
I don't understand why TeamSpeak couldn't be "an option" (unless you have some speech difficulties), and why it should "need more coordination". For me it's much easier speaking than typing, while driving or flying or gaming in general...

What REALLY needs coordination while driving is typing.

...So, I really don't get your point...not even the "smart assed remark" or the "they are trying to boost the number of posts" parts...you really sound offensive and over the line...

By the way, have you ever used TeamSpeak, because it really sounds you don't even know what it is. C'mon...

To UnknwonMaster21:
Ok, you can have whatever reason not wanting to use a voice chat...Even if microphones are really cheap and TeamSpeak is a free download.
Let me tell you, since this is a serious sim, and since I assume we take it (realtively) "seriously", that nothing beats voice chat programs as long as team coordination goes...But I am probably biased by my own experience: I fly in an online squadron, and in order to keep the vital "situational awareness" high, we regularly use TeamSpeak. I could never imagine flying online (with my teammates) without it. Real world WWII pilots had radios to communicate and to coordinate attacks and strategies, plus, in flight sims we move in a full 3D world (as you already know ), so it can be easy to get disoriented.
For all these reasons we use TeamSpeak. It really boosts the "immersion factor" by 100% !!

Edit: I've read the thread again, and even if it's a bit OT, since this is not a "TeamSpeak usefulness" thread, I should add that in my flight-sim group we DO have one member with big speech problems...guess what ? He regularly joins anyway on TeamSpeak and LISTENS to the squad comms, taking advantage from them as anyone else, and typing what he has to say...so TeamSpeak (or whatever chat software) is useful also to this group of people.
+1 as I can't get microphone to work in my computer, and the noobs could argument with pms who's fault the crash was
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :But if there have no teamspeak or microphone?

Xfire

with all respect but all these suggestion come up because you (not only specific you UM) are bored IMHO

scavier have enough to do (a lot)
Quote from JazzOn :Xfire

That sucks. What do you have against this suggestion? Why do you want to listen the kids whining about things while you're racing? They could private chat and you wouldn't have to listen all what they say "YOU CRASHED TO ME NOOB!!" plaplapla.
Quote from JazzOn :Xfire

with all respect but all these suggestion come up because your are bored IMHO

scavier have enough to do (a lot)

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :
If have no teamspeak or microphone or DON'T WANT to use a voice on chat, then we might think this suggestion for seriously.

and lol wut?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :That sucks. What do you have against this suggestion? Why do you want to listen the kids whining about things while you're racing? They could private chat and you wouldn't have to listen all what they say "YOU CRASHED TO ME NOOB!!" plaplapla.

i have alredy said what i have against this suggestion.
I dont whnat to listen to those kids, thats why im suggesting you Xfire!!

do you know xfire/tryed it ?? obviously not.

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :and lol wut?

Again why are you talking about voice chat? In Xfire you can write, send files OR speak !
Quote from JazzOn :i have alredy said what i have against this suggestion.
I dont whnat to listen to those kids, thats why im suggesting you Xfire!!

do you know xfire/tryed it ?? obviously not.

You have obviously not. What the fk does xfire help if you don't have the guy in it who crashed to you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG