The online racing simulator
Sledgehammer....check. Fireworks....check.
(48 posts, started )
Quote from 5haz :I dont think letting off an explosion a few feet from your face can ever be called 'safer' no matter how little the bang. I really wouldn't if I were you, I do hope you're joking.

no, never safe, but thats on all fireworks i think
Quote from 5haz :Are you seriously so bothered about it, or are you just saying this to sound original and "cool"?

No, I say it because I think firework is an absolute waste of money and it's just annoying (well, at least the ones who just make "BOOM") in addition to being dangerous.

Quote from wien :Shhh, let Darwin do his magic.

Ok, I stop now.
Quote from wien :Shhh, let Darwin do his magic.

Aren't you worried that the magic might miss, so the sledgehammer ends up in someone else's skull?
For some reason all I could think about was this, while I watched that video, then I noticed it was listed.

It looks like a silly idea sport but full of lulz all at the same time. I wonder if that kid failed the test because he didn't return with his sledge.
#31 - wien
Quote from wsinda :Aren't you worried that the magic might miss, so the sledgehammer ends up in someone else's skull?

I guess we'll have to accept the additional evolutionary bias against people attracted to loud bangs. Over a couple of thousand years I think we'll eventually end up with a population with a healthy fear of sledgehammer-mounted explosives, and it will all have been worth it.
#32 - 5haz
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I wonder if that kid failed the test because he didn't return with his sledge.

If you fail to return with your head more like.
Guy probably can't hear now. Shame.
Quote from wien :Over a couple of thousand years I think we'll eventually end up with a population with a healthy fear of sledgehammer-mounted explosives, and it will all have been worth it.

[laughing - with the presumption that you're being sarcastic]

That video was a great find!

I find it really funny that this forum, a racing forum (racing: the art of sitting in a potentially lethal explosive device and going round in circles for no apparent reason other than the joy of it), has a near inexhaustible fund of censorious garbage to throw at the virtual wall.

Carnivals are supposed to be dangerous. Doing dumb stuff with explosives is great fun. Just like racing, the art is to be as close to the edges of a theoretical perimeter as possible.
Quote from nihil :[laughing - with the presumption that you're being sarcastic]

That video was a great find!

I find it really funny that this forum, a racing forum (racing: the art of sitting in a potentially lethal explosive device and going round in circles for no apparent reason other than the joy of it), has a near inexhaustible fund of censorious garbage to throw at the virtual wall.

Carnivals are supposed to be dangerous. Doing dumb stuff with explosives is great fun. Just like racing, the art is to be as close to the edges of a theoretical perimeter as possible.

I don't race now and don't want to race in the future.
Quote from nihil :

What kind of Mardai Gras do you attend!!!!
Somehow this seems like fun or is it just me?
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
What's "fun" about running with a burning barrel above your head?

Seriously.
#41 - wien
The subsequent adrenaline rush? Not the way I'd personally would choose to achieve it, but to each his own.
Quote from zeugnimod :What's "fun" about running with a burning barrel above your head?

Seriously.

IMO thats just plain crazy
Quote from zeugnimod :What's "fun" about running with a burning barrel above your head?

Seriously.

It is no different to some of the other stupid challenges I have taken part in over the years. In this case it is a test of physical strength and pain tolerance. I'd give it a try at least once, just so I can say I have done it.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :It is no different to some of the other stupid challenges I have taken part in over the years. In this case it is a test of physical strength and pain tolerance. I'd give it a try at least once, just so I can say I have done it.

I can't understand that at all but ok.

Don't expect me to show any sympathy when you have burned yourself or get injured by doing those idiotic things.

Seriously.

How seriously? How much do you want to read? The easiest thing for me to do is say "Google Mikhail Bakhtin and carry on from there"....

Even easier would be to take a quote and give it to you:
Carnival is not a spectacle seen by the people; they live in it, and everyone participates because its very idea embraces all people. While carnival lasts, there is no other life outside it. During carnival time life is subject only to its own laws, that is, the laws of its own freedom.

There's a lot to say, and I could add a bit of balance by suggesting alternative reading as an antidote to Bakhtin's flood of metaphors, but that's up to you....
Quote from zeugnimod :I can't understand that at all but ok.

Don't expect me to show any sympathy when you have burned yourself or get injured by doing those idiotic things.

I wouldn't expect sympathy if a stupid stunt got me injured, but it is the experience of trying something completely different. I get that it is bloody stupid, but I still want to give it a shot.
#47 - wien
What it boils down to is that life in the "civilised world" is now so mind-numbingly boring that people have to find other ways of getting the rushes they'd normally get by nature being its ruthless self. So instead of running from hyenas and hunting buffalo we now throw ourself off bridges and play with explosives instead. Progress.
Quote from zeugnimod :plaplapla
plaplapla
plaplapla

Zeugni, everyone has their kind of things to feel they are alive, and I guess these things are one of those for someones..
I like doing this kind of stuff and I can't see any harm in that. I like danger, the only way I can feel I'm alive.

Sledgehammer....check. Fireworks....check.
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG