The online racing simulator
Eurovision
(39 posts, started )
Quote :It was the only song entered by the United Kingdom to earn no points from any other countries

But wait, there's more

Quote :this made the UK's failure the most spectacular in the history of the contest

Awesome publicity.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :But wait, there's more

Awesome publicity.

Probably the biggest publicity going...
#29 - MR_B
Quote from Gentlefoot :What's the point of the Eurovision song contest when the ruskies turn off the gas anyway?

I think we need an entrant that will, turn up the gas
Quote from squidhead :In Soviet Russia, Gas turns off you!

There's gotta be one of these every time the word Russia comes up. Kind of like "it'll buff right out" every time there's a picture of a wrecked car.

Off to Wiki then, and it says...

Quote :Russian reversal

Russian reversal or "In Soviet Russia" is a type of joke originated by Arte Johnson on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, and popularized by Smirnoff, and is an example of antimetabole. The general form of the "In Soviet Russia" joke is that the subject and objects of a statement are reversed, and "In (Soviet) Russia", or something equivalent, is added.

I was hoping for a more dramatic story.
Quote from danowat :I always thought it was to point and laugh at all the other countries singing silly songs, in silly costumes, in funny languages

+1

It's even better when the bands/singers know fully well how stupid that song contest actually is and intentionally mock it with a really bad song/performance. This actually happens more and more so I'm actually looking forward to it by now.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Those gay pirates they had last year were brilliant.

Latvia sent WHAT to the international contest? I hate this country more than ever...
Severina Vučković, you Serbians know what I'm talking about

Eurovision
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG