The online racing simulator
Project BF1 Simulator
(101 posts, started )
Quote from rockclan :Eey Vinny,

Zoals je kunt zien bij mijn post, wil ik een lan party gaan organiseren!

Misschien vet als ie volgendjaar af is hem daar tegen lage betaling kunt laten proberen!

(Als dit mogelijk is)

Ja dit is zeker mogelijk!
Je kan binnekort een boeking maken!

Yeah Sure!
You can book it soon!
Me no spreken ze doitch.
it's dutch, not deutsch :P called "nederlands" in dutch.
I know but I type it how I would say it!
Quote from ColeusRattus :it's dutch, not deutsch :P called "nederlands" in dutch.

It means the Dutch Live For Speed Lan Party will probably have the FO8 Simulator to test for everyone for a low price!!
fo8 transformed in bf1
it does look like FO8
Quote from Hawku :Yea and frankly doesn't look like fo8 or bf1

Try it yourself..
Its harder then it looks.
it's all dutch to me
It's an awesome project Wish i had the time/money/space to do something similar A friend of mine also made a formula style cockpit but not with the whole side pods and all..

Good luck and hope to see more in the near future! (X-mas holidays are almost here so time won't be much of a problem i think )
In the Xmas Holidays I must first clean up my whole kart and replace all the nuts and bolts because of wear ( Slijtage voor het gemak ).
The steering wheel is finished next month. And I might make a foam casted seat.
One thing that I noticed immediatelly as I saw you sitting inside the cockpit and the seat is that the seating posture is totally different than it is in real single seater. You could adjust the seat angled backwards but the real problem really is that the seat is wrong shape. If it really feels comfortable for you then it's ok but if not, fix it now when it is still possible .

If you want to see how the real f1 drivers sit in the cars you will find some good pictures with google. Good luck with the project.
Quote from Vinnylegends :In the Xmas Holidays I must first clean up my whole kart and replace all the nuts and bolts because of wear ( Slijtage voor het gemak ).
The steering wheel is finished next month. And I might make a foam casted seat.

Yeah those things need maintenance

A foam seat would be nice.. but if you make it after your own body, you'll be the only one that will fit in it Maybe a second more generic shaped one would be a nice idea so others can use it
Yes i will make a random shaped one. So my friends can use it too!
Good job, looks good.
TOO BIG!
Needs to be more of a snug fit like a real formula car
Comfort be damned, no replacement for having to stuff your self down into the drivers seat...

Good job though man, looks like fun
It is still far from finished.
The interior will be replaced by a foam filling like seat. Wich will fill it from the back to the legs. The racing seat will be placed in a future GTR Sim.
But it aint too big!
The measurements are official FIA F1 Measurements!
Since you haz quit this one....

Can I has it?

I want a nice monocoque where I can fit my wheel on.
And you have made a very nice one!

I'll just do some modifications on it and

So can I has it?
I didn't quit.

But... what are you willing to offer?
Quote from aroX123 :He doesn't have money.... so...

Nothing you want

Stop getting into/between my threads, questions, suggestions, requests.
Thanks
Well...
Be ready to empty your bank account.

The labor and resources do cost alot money. And this isn't a cheap and easy cockpit.

Alltogether its probably around 1000-1500 euros.

Project BF1 Simulator
(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG