The online racing simulator
rev limiter
(198 posts, started )
would be really cool if you could turn the program on/off via a hotkey. because then it could double up as a launch control.

all in all though, its a great lil app that gets switched on everytime lfs does
Any chance of having this modified to use a different outguage port. I use the Live for G15 mod that needs to use 30000. If there was a way for the revlimiter to use this port then I'd use it but right now won't give up the G15 mod just for a cute effect.
#78 - T.J.
I can use delay 15 Sounds so good
i like this a lot but havent messed with the delay to see what it does for me but it works very well and sounds good to me. good work
i cant figure it out but great mod
when i use this i use
delay 18
rpm 7200
car xtr turbo

80% of the time it just cuts out?
^try setting the delay higher until it works?
Anyways, I have a little suggestion. Is there any way to have the mod to rev limiter differently?

I suggest a rev limiter that has a "throttle" cutoff point at a certain RPM. Then when the RPM drops to the safe point, the throttle is reapplied to whatever level your pedal is at. In throttle cutoff I mean the actual pedal going all the way to nothing. It gives a different sound and I think it won't suffer the out of sync problem the ignition method has (unless you set the safe point too low). I tried the ignition method and it didn't sound right but when I saw how the traction control worked on the BF1 and FZ, it sounded much better. I also tried to do my own self rev limiting by setting the button control rate to the max and clicking as fast as I can at the red line and it sounded very good.
Quote from MrPDR :and where did u get XRT from.

*edit* the program(s) arent working for me, i set my rev limit value in the .exe program screen and nothing happens :/
followed all the steps

samething here
run perfect now!

just make sure you have correctly modify your cfg.txt
Can some one make video , what sound & how does it work ? Please !
#87 - dein
asbjoern..Can u plz tell me what was ur REV limit and how much was ur delay?(for xrt)
yea sure

rev-limit: 7400
delay: 21

btw..those vids arent mine.
can it be used with patch z and if so how it wouldnt work for me
Quote from robbielayton :can it be used with patch z and if so how it wouldnt work for me

yes and READ the readme
#91 - senn
i seriously have to ask this. What is the point of a rev limiter in a game? You seem to be only able to damage the engine in LFS atm by downshifting too early. Rev limiters don't prevent that damage even in real life. So is it just for the sound? seriously i don't see the fascination.....
It's all about the street cred.
BRAWP BROP BROP BROP BROP

Now to be serious. It's just another addition to the simulation. Saying that is like saying well LFS is a sim and we don't need tyre wear either.
#93 - senn
hi
it doesnt work.who can help me

1 I have change the config file.
2 I start lfs Z9
3 Then i start the revlimit app.
Omg that revv limit program is frickin' awesome!
Works totally fine and it does not stall at all when I have neutral and revvs the crap out of the car!
Wonderful!
Thank you alot !
works for me!!

thanks a lot, nice program
hey bass driver... i had the same problem when i switched from z to z9 but if you still have z, try running it with that cos it seemed to fix it for me.... i use 18 on the slider at the bottom btw. i'll try to find out what i did for you~ as a return for your awesome layouts lol!
Quote from rich_hobo94 :hey bass driver... i had the same problem when i switched from z to z9 but if you still have z, try running it with that cos it seemed to fix it for me.... i use 18 on the slider at the bottom btw. i'll try to find out what i did for you~ as a return for your awesome layouts lol!

hmm if it really helps
or ill w8 for the new update of the revlimiter. if it comes i hope
thx
i try it with Z ( without testpatch)
it still doesnt work.

Maybe i found the problem

it must have: Microsoft net framework 2.0
But i have Microsoft .net framework 3.5

Plz update this program . I want to have it
Whenever i try to download the lfsrevlimiter program from the place it wont let me. it says microsoft encountered a problem an needs to close. can someone explain?

rev limiter
(198 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG