The online racing simulator
GTR cars question
(36 posts, started )
GTR cars question
what are the GTR cars made to be like in real life?

FZR= Porsche?
XFR= Subaru STI?
XRR=???
UF 1000 (UF1) - Daihatsu Trevis, Mini
XF GTi - Citroen AX GTi (general design, size), Fiat Punto Mk1 (interiors and taillights)
XR GT - Mitsubishi Starion GX (general design, naturally aspirated engine), Mitsubishi 3000GT (interiors)
XR GT Turbo - Mitsubishi Starion GSR Widebody
LX4 Edition (LX4) - Westfield Megabusa, Lotus Seven replica with a Suzuki I4 1.3, 140 bhp motorbike engine
LX6 Edition (LX6) - Lotus 7, Caterham Super Seven, Westfield Sport 2.0
RB4 - Toyota Celica GT4 (Mk6) (general design), Toyota Supra Mk4 (front/rear)
FXO - Opel Astra G/Coupé (general design), Honda Civic Si Mk3/Mk4 (front and rear styling)
FZ50 (FZ5) - Porsche 911/996 Mk1 GT3 (general design), Ferrari 550 (styling)
Formula V8 (FO8) - Formula 3000
Formula XR (FOX) - Formula Renault 2000

XFR, UFR, FXR, XRR, FZR are GT-R (JGTC for the bigger 3) versions of the road cars.

Hope that helped

all info found at: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/F ... _the_LFS_cars_based_on.3F
thx for the info..

i now know the FZR is a porcshe and they did run STIs in the JTCS..

i think the STI is the only car that ran the flat 4 engine so it has to be that.
but what about the last car... XRR?
#4 - J@tko
Quote from BEERcobra :thx for the info..

i now know the FZR is a porcshe and they did run STIs in the JTCS..

i think the STI is the only car that ran the flat 4 engine so it has to be that.
but what about the last car... XRR?

It's a Mitsubishi Starion on steroids
* XR GT Turbo - Mitsubishi Starion GSR Widebody

im a noob.. yep...

thx guys...
Quote from 91mason91 :

XFR, UFR, FXR, XRR, FZ5 are GT-R (JGTC for the bigger 3) versions of the road cars.

Hope that helped

all info found at: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/F ... _the_LFS_cars_based_on.3F

XF GTR and UF GTR are not from JGTC (or is it? tell me if I´m wrong). Those are just FWD class somewhere,
FXO GTR, XR GTR and FZ50 GTR = yes, they would be a JGTC

FXO GTR = Some Nissan (Not Skyline or Z or R390 anyway)
XR GTR = Pennzoil Nismo GT-R LM in my opinion but little changes of bhp&kg
FZ50 GTR = Some Porsche
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :XF GTR and UF GTR are not from JGTC (or is it? tell me if I´m wrong). Those are just FWD class somewhere,
FXO GTR, XR GTR and FZ50 GTR = yes, they would be a JGTC

FXO GTR = Some Nissan (Not Skyline or Z or R390 anyway)
XR GTR = Pennzoil Nismo GT-R LM in my opinion but little changes of bhp&kg
FZ50 GTR = Some Porsche

XFR, UFR, FXR, XRR, FZ5 are GT-R (JGTC for the bigger 3) versions of the road cars.

thats how i took it
i got the info from the link i posted so dont ask me

Edit: whoever posted the wikipedia info must of been drunk. the last car is meant to be the FZR not the FZ5.
typo.. drunk... same thing :biggrinfl
As for the fantasy cars, the following is NOT an "official" list nor a "based on" list, just observations of what the cars may look like by several forum members.
Quote from Stefani24 :As for the fantasy cars, the following is NOT an "official" list nor a "based on" list, just observations of what the cars may look like by several forum members.

i should of said from the beginning that its not the looks i was asking about.

its the engine/drive train/physics/handling of the car i wanted to know about.
I always thought the XRT was the Toyota Supra Mk2
Looking at the side view of the XR*, the door is slanted towards the rear instead of mostly straight, and lacks the covers of the Supra. Also the front, popup headlights are angled instead of straight.
Quote from BEERcobra :i should of said from the beginning that its not the looks i was asking about.

its the engine/drive train/physics/handling of the car i wanted to know about.

Was just refering to the list mason posted.
Since when has the LX4 had a motorcycle engine in? Where do I find my 1300cc motorcycle plx.
The UFR would be more akin to the Mini Miglia racers and the XFR is something like the Clio Cup cars.

That pic of the Supra that was posted is actually a Mk3.
Quote from BlueFlame :Since when has the LX4 had a motorcycle engine in?

140 bhp @ 8200 rpm on a 1.4 I4, what else it can be other than a motorcycle engine?
Quote from NightShift :140 bhp @ 8200 rpm on a 1.4 I4, what else it can be other than a motorcycle engine?

Vtak.

Besides, bike engines rev higher than that, and we can get 140bhp from 1L no problem (pushing 180bhp with 2009 models) so yeah.
Find me a 1400cc bike engine then plx
IIRC the smallest Honda engine which is able to manage 100 bhp/l, was a 1.6 with VTEC on both sides.

The LX4 weighs about 460 kg (vs 430 of the Megabusa in racing trim), I wonder whether a Hayabusa engine can cope with that mass without modifications (a bike is actually half of that) - it'd be hardly surprising -if in a car- peak power is exchanged for a bit more low-end torque.

Edit:

D15Z7: 1,493 cc, 128 bhp @ 7000, 142 Nm @ 5300.
LX4: 1.4L, 140 bhp @ 8200, 131 Nm @ 6900

Though you have a point - the latest Megabusa has far more power than the LX4.
Quote from BlueFlame :Find me a 1400cc bike engine then plx

And you find me a 1,900 cc 4-cyl boxer turbo?

I thought it obvious the fantasy cars in LFS can't have exactly the same design and specification of the real ones.

That would be more or less the same as putting on LFS a big glowing sign with "SUE ME" written on it
Quote from NightShift :And you find me a 1,900 cc 4-cyl boxer turbo?

I thought it obvious the fantasy cars in LFS can't have exactly the same design and specification of the real ones.

That would be more or less the same as putting on LFS a big glowing sign with "SUE ME" written on it

There are 2.0L flat 4 engines used in Subaru's to date, previously there was also a 1.8L flat 4 in the Impreza Mk1.
Quote from BlueFlame :There are 2.0L flat 4 engines used in Subaru's to date, previously there was also a 1.8L flat 4 in the Impreza Mk1.

Exactly my point, since they never manufactured a 1.9L flat 4, they cannot step in and say, "hey that's my engine" - not that the Impreza looked anything like the FXO, but since the side is strikingly similar to that of the Astra Coupe, I guess they wanted to play it safe.
Quote from NightShift :Exactly my point, since they never manufactured a 1.9L flat 4, they cannot step in and say, "hey that's my engine" - not that the Impreza looked anything like the FXO, but since the side is strikingly similar to that of the Astra Coupe, I guess they wanted to play it safe.

Well the biggest bore engine I know of that was in mass production was the Bandit 1200, I don't believe there are bigger engines that aren't custom. (I'm probobly wrong on this one though)

You also corrected me saying the LX4 is a 1.4. Well the website says 1.3 http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&car=lx4

GTR cars question
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG