The online racing simulator
Richbrook Vauxhall Gear Knob
(9 posts, started )
Well, i got my dad a gear knob for Christmas, an official Richbrook Vauxhall one, and fitting it looks really straight forward and simple.

One thing, i cannot find atall, any instructions on how to remove the standard gear knob. Its a Vauxhall Vectra 57 plate, with a lift up reverse type (The gear knob is designed for the lift up-ness).

Anyone had any experiences of something similar? Or knows a tutorial/guide to removing them?

Thanks in advance,

Ash
Does it not just screw off? *Waits for the inevitable snap*
well on some cars unscrew,on some cars just pull very hard
Quote from crashgate3 :

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I dont know if this will be the same but on my astra and a lot of other astra mk 4s. They have a 5 speed box, with lift up reverse. I found this guide on how to remove it on the astra owners club. I know its for an astra, but it might be worth a shot?

http://www.astraownersclub.com/technical_guides.php << Look there at mk4 technical guides, look for interior and you should see it.

HTH.
Quote from mcgas001 :I dont know if this will be the same but on my astra and a lot of other astra mk 4s. They have a 5 speed box, with lift up reverse. I found this guide on how to remove it on the astra owners club. I know its for an astra, but it might be worth a shot?

http://www.astraownersclub.com/technical_guides.php << Look there at mk4 technical guides, look for interior and you should see it.

HTH.

Thank you very much
Well, not really worth a try but on my T-bird (automatic with the thing on the floor, 4 on the floor) you just took a nice and firm grip and then beat the shit out of it upwards like you would tear the whole transmission from the engine.
And perhaps that's how you should do on yours .. No idea basicly but it's always stuff you least expect
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Well, not really worth a try but on my T-bird (automatic with the thing on the floor, 4 on the floor) you just took a nice and firm grip and then beat the shit out of it upwards like you would tear the whole transmission from the engine.
And perhaps that's how you should do on yours .. No idea basicly but it's always stuff you least expect

4 on the floor only counts if it is a manual, anything else it is a slush box.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG