The online racing simulator
Love the Feel, Hate the sound :P
(35 posts, started )
so far this is my first "real" day of live for speed, and im enjoying it immensely, G25 is epic, and the whole 900 degrees thing is just kicking so much arse

the weight of the steering is spot on, you can feel exactly what is happening to the car, and for this i say a big thanks to the devs, i can tell i'm going to love playing this sim for a long time to come.

On the Downside, i'm a bit of an audiophile (own a pair of HD650's etc etc) and i just can't get used to the overly bassy cockpit sound, is there any way i can turn the bass down slightly without skewing my normal EQ settings? it just vibrates me ears a lot -- perhaps ill get used to this, who knows.

I'll be doing a lot of forum browsing and theorycraft in the next few days, so hope to get to know some of you a bit.

and, to end this thread ill leave with another question..

Do people chat to eachother much whilst playing, over Ventrillo for example? it would be great to really get involved with, and try to understand how some other drivers do it
Try changing the sound with shift+A
#3 - amp88
Quote from Blakey. :
Do people chat to eachother much whilst playing, over Ventrillo for example? it would be great to really get involved with, and try to understand how some other drivers do it

The only people who normally chat to each other in a race would be teammates.
Quote from amp88 :The only people who normally chat to each other in a race would be teammates.

This is sort of what i was getting at, in an awfully haphazard way.. so there really are teams awesome.

to the 1st reply, thanks for the help, will check that out now
#5 - amp88
Quote from Blakey. :This is sort of what i was getting at, in an awfully haphazard way.. so there really are teams awesome.

Yeah, there are a huge number of teams in LFS. To see a list of teams you can check out the LFS Racer Database on LFS World. When you've logged into LFS World (either with the same login for this forum or using the anonymous Guest login), click on the "LFS Racers Database" icon, then select the "LFS Teams Search" tab on the popup window. You can browse through a list of teams and see their members. Most teams in this list will include their team website and you'll be able to see a list of drivers in each team. If you click on a driver's name in the team list you'll get a popup list from which you can select to see that driver's individual statistics (like miles driven, number of race wins, number of pole positions etc).

There are many compeitions run by teams in LFS (which can be open to drivers who are not affiliated with a team or drivers who are currently in teams) and there are also competitions which are designed to test teams against each other (including the Masters of Endurance link in my signature).

On the subject of voice comms almost all teams who use it will choose to use either Ventrilo or TeamSpeak.

edit: Welcome to LFS by the way!
Attached images
lfsworldteamdatabase.jpg
Quote from Blakey. :This is sort of what i was getting at, in an awfully haphazard way.. so there really are teams awesome.

There are lots of teams enjoy lfs!
thanks for the replies

loving it all so far, hard work though eh!
Quote from Blakey. :thanks for the replies

loving it all so far, hard work though eh!

come to visit my server, named kyotoracing I can teach you something there
Quote from amp88 :The only people who normally chat to each other in a race would be teammates.

I don't know if you mean voice chat or the in-game chat but I usually chat with a lot of people who aren't my teammates. Otherwise, I would have no one to talk to anyway since almost nobody else of my team races in LFS anymore.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't know if you mean voice chat or the in-game chat but I usually chat with a lot of people who aren't my teammates. Otherwise, I would have no one to talk to anyway since almost nobody else of my team races in LFS anymore.

I meant voice chat, but you're always welcome on DSR's chat

PM me if you want the details Zeug but when we're online it's normally about 2am-7am your time (CET).
Quote from amp88 :I meant voice chat, but you're always welcome on DSR's chat

PM me if you want the details Zeug but when we're online it's normally about 2am-7am your time (CET).

I meant the in-game chat since I dislike voice chats during races, tbh, I just find it distracting. And I don't have a microphone anyway. And I am quite shy.

So thanks for the invitation but no thx because of the above mentioned reasons.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :come to visit my server, named kyotoracing I can teach you something there

Will do.

Quote from Blakey. :and i just can't get used to the overly bassy cockpit sound, is there any way i can turn the bass down slightly without skewing my normal EQ settings? it just vibrates me ears a lot -- perhaps ill get used to this, who knows.

When that happens to me, it means I've turned volume too far up.

You can check this easily by switching to outside view (press V until you get that) or changing car to a single seater, the sheer power of the noise should blow you ears away
LFS is not LFS without team racing Team Racing counts also as a "Racing Type/Style/Class or whatever you want to call it"
If you dislike the sound you should try some modified sounds or sound packs.

I actualy did one myself.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51238
The only issue with mine right now is that the road cars are a little too quiet in the version I've posted, but it will make all the cars sound better.

When the new VW comes out I'm going to fix the road cars and add the new one.

These should be good for now if you want different sounds.

To install my sounds simply press Shift-A while in a car and press the pack button and select mine.

EDIT: just read what you actualy typed. I have the same problem, no mater what you set in the game the bass is always going to be high, LFS's sound engine is set up for people who don't have high quality EQs on thier system.
I have to turn my creative EQ off every time I play LFS, its a bit of a bother, but it can't be helped unless the devs add some kind of EQ setup to the car sound system.
Quote from DragonCommando :If you dislike the sound you should try some modified sounds or sound packs.

I actualy did one myself.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51238
The only issue with mine right now is that the road cars are a little too quiet in the version I've posted, but it will make all the cars sound better.

When the new VW comes out I'm going to fix the road cars and add the new one.

These should be good for now if you want different sounds.

To install my sounds simply press Shift-A while in a car and press the pack button and select mine.

EDIT: just read what you actualy typed. I have the same problem, no mater what you set in the game the bass is always going to be high, LFS's sound engine is set up for people who don't have high quality EQs on thier system.
I have to turn my creative EQ off every time I play LFS, its a bit of a bother, but it can't be helped unless the devs add some kind of EQ setup to the car sound system.

Thanks for the sound pack, and thanks for reading what i typed! lol

Shame, ill just have to get used to disabling EQ etc.

Thanks for the advice
Just quit racing and start drifting. You'll wee you wheel around so much that the sound wont bother you after a little while.
Quote from Riders Motion :Just quit racing and start drifting. You'll wee you wheel around so much that the sound wont bother you after a little while.

True True

But if the sound is to "bassy" cant u just change the "exhaust pipe tone" (or whats the name) inte the "SHIFT+A" section in-game? Should make it less bassy anyway
Quote from Feffe85 :True True

But if the sound is to "bassy" cant u just change the "exhaust pipe tone" (or whats the name) inte the "SHIFT+A" section in-game? Should make it less bassy anyway

Tried this.. just can't get a "comfy" sound, ahh well i've gotten used to it now really
Quote from Riders Motion :Just quit racing and start drifting. You'll wee you wheel around so much that the sound wont bother you after a little while.

Or not.
try
Quote from Blakey. :Do people chat to eachother much whilst playing, over Ventrillo for example? it would be great to really get involved with, and try to understand how some other drivers do it

You don't have to be in a team to chat. Once you get known around the place you will find plenty of friendly teams that will let you into there chat servers. I'm almost always in a TS server somewhere while racing
Quote from Glenn67 :You don't have to be in a team to chat. Once you get known around the place you will find plenty of friendly teams that will let you into there chat servers. I'm almost always in a VENT server somewhere while racing

Fixed for you, we all know teamspeak is terrible.
Try turning down the Cockpit muffling in the SHIFT+A menu or turning it up, mine are all on the lowest level, and my cars sound great
Off Topic
Actually, VENT Sucks ass. It doesnt even work with my microphone.

On Topic
Welcome, Although I don't expect to see you racing here in the aus servers .
We need faster broadband in the world.

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG