The online racing simulator
Love the Feel, Hate the sound :P
(35 posts, started )
for better engine sounds just go here > Gills' sound workshop

download the files, put them in your "LFS/data/engine" folder, then press shift + A ingame and press load and choose the sound.
About sounds..
The "Shift-a" -menu only changes the sound of the car engine. Yes, there are slider for wind and tire noise, but they only affect volume, not tone.

I say this because the road noise is quite "bassy" iirc, this may be a problem to you.

However, as you are an audiophile, you can fix this. At least in this stage, LFS is very open, and you can edit the samples yourself. Apply eq to to them with some editor for example.

oh, Tail -slider controls the lowest part of the engine noise. Also muffler (or whatever it was called) is basically a low cut for exhaust.

Welcome to LFS, have fun and don't pay attention to whiners..
Quote from G!NhO :for better engine sounds just go here > Gills' sound workshop

download the files, put them in your "LFS/data/engine" folder, then press shift + A ingame and press load and choose the sound.

Most of those sounds arn't very good as far as the cars they actualy get used on goes.

Instead of making a starion sound like a supra, I made the starion sound like it has an inline four.

Making a car sound like something it isn't or isn't even based on is a bit silly in my opinion.
Quote from DragonCommando :Most of those sounds arn't very good as far as the cars they actualy get used on goes.

Instead of making a starion sound like a supra, I made the starion sound like it has an inline four.

Making a car sound like something it isn't or isn't even based on is a bit silly in my opinion.

i dont think its silly, and some of the sounds are really good imo.
I've tested quite some of them, none were any good... DaveWS did a way better job back then...
What I'd like to do is get samples from all the cars the ones in LFS are based off of, this way I could tune them in and get realy good sounding engines.

I would realy like the XRT to sound like a turbo charged starion, but I can't find a good starion sound clip, so I just worked with the default sounds.
@Blakey: Are you sure that annoying sound in your ears isn't Laura begging you to let her play?
Quote from DragonCommando :What I'd like to do is get samples from all the cars the ones in LFS are based off of, this way I could tune them in and get realy good sounding engines.

I would realy like the XRT to sound like a turbo charged starion, but I can't find a good starion sound clip, so I just worked with the default sounds.

put a request in gills his thread
Quote from DragonCommando :Most of those sounds arn't very good as far as the cars they actualy get used on goes.

I only do sounds based on the requests I recieve. I make the soundpacks using sounds from the requests that got good feedback. If you don't like them then that is fine, but that is only your opinion and I would appreciate it if you didnt just say that most of them aren't any good since I spent more time with them, going off and recording my own sounds for the cars, than you have spent with your car soundpack. It is not easy trying to make a car sound completely different from what it is supposed to. I am only doing it to please the people who are asking me to do a specific sound for them. No sound will be every persons favourite, and I doubt you have tried every single one of my engine sounds so you can't really be a judge.
Quote from Forbin :@Blakey: Are you sure that annoying sound in your ears isn't Laura begging you to let her play?

ahahahaha..

Yes, This is it...

Lol.

anywho, thanks for the discussion on sounds etc guys! useful stuff

Love the Feel, Hate the sound :P
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG