The online racing simulator
can you please explain to me why they have a added mass option then, because that stumps me on your end.

so to speak, spoilers bumpers etc each are designed to one, look appealing and fast, and two. have a function (frontal down force) etc... that is correct is it not?

it would be good to have a variety in terms of style and looks while also helping create grip what is so bad about that? this is a racing simulator, why do we need skins? it has no meaning, oh wait it makes your car LOOK more appealing thats right, gosh...

:doh:
if you had some common sense, you would have just not posted, but i can see you lack even the simplest of things.
Quote from Dorikat :can you please explain to me why they have a added mass option then, because that stumps me on your end.

Being able to add weight is a common way of evening out faster drivers in a racing league, where some drivers are noticeably faster than others, yet you want the league to be closely matched.

Lightening the cars serves no purpose, since everyone would then choose the lightest options which would be no more productive than running the cars as they are now.

To just add bodykits, spoilers or whatever, which have no weight to them purely for looks would take up a huge amount of time that could be spent improving physics, optimisations, adding proper extra content etc.

Obviously it would be nice to have slightly different looks to each car eventually, but it just isn`t something that will be even considered until the game is at an almost finished state, which could in all honesty, be well after you and I are no longer here.
we already have supra in the game! its the rb4 and than just use tweak
all I'm saying is they would be good at some stage in development, sure not in the next 1/2 to 1year but at some point would be nice they do however produce down force of a minimal amount.

as for wheels etc, changeing wheels as in size, not to big, max 17-18/ offset,
e.g drag setups with smaller wheels on the front etc...

tyre size for each tyre. good for drift, drag, oval, speedway etc...
i dont mean this in a bad way but your digging a big hole here , tuning and Rimzz ... isent really a thing people like on lfs and you will get flamed
well, I'm not like everyone else, I have my views and there mine, not anyone else's, hold that against me.
everybody is intitled to there own opinions , im not saying anythin against or to favour tuning etc etc
Quote from Dajmin :
Modifying the cars is pointless. Eventually, people would work out the ideal setup for each track and car and everyone would use it. Look at the number of people who use Inferno setups if you need proof that it would happen.
Therefor you end up with a field of identical cars, and guess what? That's exactly what we already have.

So how about you just drive the cars you have and I dunno, bang a metal trash can lid with your face to simulate the noise of a pointless "masseev zorst!!1111"

If there were tuning, only about 50% (maybe little more, maybe little less) of people would have identical cars, because almost everyone has their own driving style and there are no ideal setups. However, if there were no tuning, people would DEFINITELY have 100% identical cars because you just couldn't modify them.

Still, I am quite neutral in this argument.
Quote from s01id :If there were tuning, only about 50% (maybe little more, maybe little less) of people would have identical cars, because almost everyone has their own driving style and there are no ideal setups. However, if there were no tuning, people would DEFINITELY have 100% identical cars because you just couldn't modify them.

Bold text is true. But what has that got to do with rimz and neonz and stupid bodykits?

Besides even now, without tuning, most people racing have different setups.

About the usefulness of skins in racing. Why aren't all real word racing cars a single colour? Might it be because it's easier to spot different colours on cars than slight alterations in shape when they go fast? Or can you spot a half a degree difference on the rear wing of a F1 car when it's barreling down a straight?

Only noticeable tuning are the horrible bodykits. I have nothing against adding them at some point in the far future. But only if they add the extra weight too.
#62 - senn
The way to make tuning options work isn't just to have the options there but have leagues of say 450hp, 500hp etc or no aero + set powerlevel classes. Besides theres many different ways to get to a set amount of power, either stroker kits, cams, turbo, supercharger, and each of those effects the torque/power curves in a different way, so no, the cars wouldn't be all the same, as long as there are plenty of options
After all, no matter if they are functional or not...I don't want to see neon lights, idiot spoilers or 1234445 inch rims with spinners in LFS. Please try nfs or ridge racer or gta4 vs... vs... There are many games for the looks but it's only one or two proper simulations for doing proper racing and driving. Please don't make lfs turn into nfs...
Yay, another NFSU? STFU! thread
No no no.
It makes absolutely no difference whether there's 200 million potential ways of getting your car to the recommended power rating or whatever. Eventually a "best" one would be made. One that balances power, reliability, speed, turning ability, etc and that one would be used by more people than bothered to make their own. I'd put the ratio somewhere closer to 90% than 50.

The very reason I posted was to point out that we already have thousands upon thousands of different setup options, yet most people you talk to will say they're using an Inferno set. I guarantee if you join a random server and ask for a setup, you'll either get sent an Inferno one or someone will point you to the website.
Occasionally people will modify the Inferno sets, but they don't usually bother changing that much.

It starts because a few people find the right options and keep winning races. Then other people NEED the same setup to be able to keep up. And it just spreads from there.

I watched it happen in Motor City Online in 2002, it's happened with standard setups in LFS already, I expect it's happened in rF and NFS: Porsche and any other games where setup modification is possible. Please don't be so naive that you think people will make their own setups to be individual rather than use a "new standard" one to win.
well if the car tuning was like the engine turning in Street legal 2 (i know a crap game but fun to mod engines) then i would enjoy it for a few weeks

but if they add any type of tuning ie adding parts i personaly think it should be RACE stuff only
#67 - Jakg
Quote from s01id :If there were tuning, only about 50% (maybe little more, maybe little less) of people would have identical cars, because almost everyone has their own driving style and there are no ideal setups. However, if there were no tuning, people would DEFINITELY have 100% identical cars because you just couldn't modify them.

Still, I am quite neutral in this argument.

Setups, yes, but what driving style favours less grip over more? Or less power over more?

There WILL be an optimum "tuning" setting for each track, which everyone will use anyway...
sorry i was noob in those days
Quote from March Hare :Bold text is true. But what has that got to do with rimz and neonz and stupid bodykits?

Besides even now, without tuning, most people racing have different setups.

About the usefulness of skins in racing. Why aren't all real word racing cars a single colour? Might it be because it's easier to spot different colours on cars than slight alterations in shape when they go fast? Or can you spot a half a degree difference on the rear wing of a F1 car when it's barreling down a straight?

Only noticeable tuning are the horrible bodykits. I have nothing against adding them at some point in the far future. But only if they add the extra weight too.

Bolded part : Because each team has sponsers to please.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Yay, another NFSU? STFU! thread

Lol at the KiD reference

I agree about the tuning thing. Soon enough people will find the optimal aerodynamic setup for each track configuration and engine tuning is pointless 'cause then everyone would use the highest available horsepower or torque. Seriously, the OP was pretty brave in posting this one.
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
sorry
ye guys sry i even made this thread was a big noob at that time
This is a bad bad bump
-
(Chrisuu01) DELETED by Chrisuu01

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG