The online racing simulator
FZR Onboard hotlap at FE3
(13 posts, started )
Hi there,

I've had this video on Youtube for quite a while, but I never remembered putting it here. It's me struggling with the FZR's tyre pressure and temperature throughout the lap, which made me drive more carefully, so the lap wasn't that fast. FPS and quality were the main problems in this video.
Extra: Fleetwood Mac halfway through the lap. Comment and criticise please (don't be too harsh).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-kmtYlAFE

RubberBurner Productions 2008. Don't post this link in other places without my permission.

Cheers
I usually flame guys pretty bad for posting videos like this, but something about this one is actually interesting. I guess it's the enjoyment of seeing someone struggle to get a car to work. The sounds were actually kinda nice too. It is however just a hotlap, and I typically never post hotlaps on the forum.
Quote from BigTime :I usually flame guys pretty bad for posting videos like this, but something about this one is actually interesting. I guess it's the enjoyment of seeing someone struggle to get a car to work. The sounds were actually kinda nice too. It is however just a hotlap, and I typically never post hotlaps on the forum.

everybody's different you know, not to mention this was one of my first S2 hotlaps.
That was nothing to do with tyre pressures, your using bad lines, lifting where you shouldn't and i suspect you were having understeer problems which could be caused by you going on the grass.

BTW Wheres that sound from? can you post it please?
how hard is it to record in .5 or .25 or even .125?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :That was nothing to do with tyre pressures, your using bad lines, lifting where you shouldn't and i suspect you were having understeer problems which could be caused by you going on the grass.

BTW Wheres that sound from? can you post it please?

Answer 1: this was one of my first hotlaps in S2 and I was still getting the way of driving the FZR and making the best of the (back then right out of the box) G25.

Answer 2: The sound is one of Gills' audio masterpieces, the name is FZR_GillsBeastly.

P.S: Even if squidhead isn't in my ignore list, I don't know what the hell he's talking about.
can you upload it? his thread is soo long.
Quote from Senninha25 :P.S: Even if squidhead isn't in my ignore list, I don't know what the hell he's talking about.

Click

You should have read at least the first post
Quote from squidhead :Click

You should have read at least the first post

I've read that in the wiki manual of LFS. so, I followed everything (except virtualdub part). Big woop if my video hasn't got that much of a good quality.
Quote from Senninha25 :Big woop if my video hasn't got that much of a good quality.

Yes, a very "big woop". Especially since the FPS is godawful
Quote from squidhead :Yes, a very "big woop". Especially since the FPS is godawful

well then give me tips if you're so good with this (I've just started in this kind of editing) specially about codecs. and I'm as sure as hell I won't be number 12 in your hater count
Quote from Senninha25 :well then give me tips if you're so good with this (I've just started in this kind of editing) specially about codecs. and I'm as sure as hell I won't be number 12 in your hater count

You have to try much harder to become an addition to the counter

Quote from (SaM) in the " :
  • Press F2 to slow down the replay at 0.5 speed.
  • Press the record button you specified in Fraps. When finished, stop recording with the same button.
  • Start up VirtualDub. http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/. Open the avi file you recorded. Go to Video > Frame rate. Click on Process every other frame and press OK, or click on 'Change to [ ] frames per second' and put down the double amount of fps you set Fraps to. The last option will give the video more fps but you will only notice the difference if you will use slowmotion on this clip in the movie. This is because movies generally dont have more than 30fps.

This is pretty much it
Btw that just never worked for me,i could only record in 1X speed without any lag,anything else i tried just never worked,i always got my vids laggy,thats why i never made 1.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG