The online racing simulator
My 2008
(37 posts, started )
My 2008
2008, for me, has been an exciting year in the world of LFS. By April I had joined my first team, and created my first ever broadcast. It wasn't to end there. By August there would be a near full-set of complete broadcasts for the H2H racing series and I was embarking on my first full-live broadcasts.

In the meantime I had been involved with a number of leagues racing a variety of machinery. I raced in a couple of extremely exhausting Endurance races and had a lot of fun with the new people I have met over the last year.

As a result of all this fun I've had...

...Michael "Mp3 Astra" Passingham and ToyBus Productions are proud to present "My 2008" and 2 full HDDs that are so fragmented with Fraps video, my PC acts like a very very slow pie

It's a montage (using "Spaceman"and "Andy, You're a Star" by The Killers) of racing footage from the last 12 months. I accumilated nearly 600 replays from the last year, so there was plenty of action to choose from. I chose clips from servers and events that influenced me the most this year (as well as just being really exciting). It's not loaded with special effects or crazy visuals, but I think it sums up my year in LFS pretty well.

Below is a key to the different servers and events included in the video.

0:14-0:25, 1:44 - 1:49, 2:40 - 3:13 (best LFS race I have ever been involved in)
BTCC Racing Server - Summer

0:25- 0:38, 1:03-1:11, 1:15-1:18
Kyoto 500 - August

0:38-1:03, 1:11-1:15
Masters of Endurance - November

1:18- 1:26, 3:14 - End
CTRA UF Baby-r - January 2008, December 2007

1:26 - 1:33, 1:58 - 2:08
HeadToHead Summer Series post-event races

1:33 - 1:44
CTRA Single Seater 1 - July

2:08 - 2:22
Sonicrealms Racing FBM Event - April

2:22 - 2:28 - Real-Life-Racing League - October

2:28 - 2:40 - Gentlefoot Formula Challenge - May

You can download (and stream) it at Filefront. It's 168MB for a 960*600 WMV so it should fit nicely on a 16:9 display at full screen.

Filefront

Youtube (Sorry for directly linking the HQ version but the Low res is absolutely shocking )
Nice! Cool video Michael... as always.
Nice video!
Nice video, but you managed to pick the only replay of FO8/oval racing ever, where, for some reason, the Kyoto 500 safety car had turned into an FXR with OneGP written on it
The Nice Post
Quote from FOX 1977 :Nice!

Quote from evilpimp :Nice video!

Quote from JO53PHS :Nice video,

Quote from squidhead :It's nice

Quote from bavorak :nice video

Quote from N I K I :noice mate

Quote from CSF :
Very nice video

Quote from HL_Nano :Very nice Video!

Quote from J@tko :
Nice

Quote from Kid222 :Nice one

Quote from Gil07 :very NICE video

Quote from de Souza :

It's nice

First one with formatting:

Quote from zeugnimod :very NICE video.

Quote from wsinda :
NICE

It's nice, isn't it?

Critique other than "nice" is welcome!
#6 - kaynd
Oh... so you realy need to hear the truth?

No it’s terrible :P

In a more serious mode.
It’s ok some cameras are good and some others are not so
In some shots the action was great and at some others wasn’t that good.
e.g. 00.44-00.54 where is the exiting part there? Or 00:54 – 00:58 Nice angle but for a slow mo video, or for capturing a unique racing moment… not just showing a SO barrier. :P or 00:59- 1:03 This is definitely not a cool racing action shot… it’s just embarrassing for a league like MoE. And then we see a fading flying formula shot…
After that it is getting better building a real commentator “mood” with a mix of nice / interesting and not so interesting action shots. e.g what you want to show us in 1:50 – 1:55 ?

There are some nice shots as I said, but there needs to be more attention on details.

I think you can do better than that.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :It's nice, isn't it?

Yes it is! I enjoyed it so much that I want to do my own 2008 video. Maybe we should have a LFS community 2008 video bananza.
I quite liked it. It's nice (Am I the first one to notice?) and consistent. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Good stuff Mr. Passingham, looks like you had a busy year!

It's nice to have you in the team, I had a really enjoyable year as well. Now, let's do the 24h alone? :hyper:
btw little word of advice... unless your video is 720 the youtube fmt=18 version will look a lot better
noice mate
I liked it! enough effects and stuff for my taste, also good footage.. to me it wasn't boring at any point, just pleasant to watch
Thanks for the comments, guys. I appreciate any critique (as long as you're not mean and make me cry ).

Quote from thisnameistaken :That's never your actual name.

If it is, my name is Ray Swinner.

Well then:

Hi Ray,

You have an incredibly ironic name.

Regards,
Michael Passingham
nice video but the think I would make better is that if you have dynamic (fast) music try to make the shots as short as possible just to catch the situation you want to catch...then you will need more shots but it will better fit to the music and it will be also more interesting if you make more of such shots as you do
hope you understand my suggestion...if not ...let it be
#16 - CSF
Quote :2:22 - 2:28 - Real-Life-Racing League - October

Very good video Michael!
Very nice Video!!!
#19 - CSF
Owning you on the outside of T1 at FE3 will never get old.
W00t, I'm in that 3 times

Nice
Quote from J@tko :W00t, I'm in that 3 times

Nice

You're in the BTCC one, but which other parts are you in?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :You're in the BTCC one, but which other parts are you in?

Isn't the FZR start bit the one that you came on our server to do?

In which case one of them is me

(And I counted the BTCC one twice :P)
Quote from J@tko :Isn't the FZR start bit the one that you came on our server to do?

In which case one of them is me

(And I counted the BTCC one twice :P)

Oh yah, that's all you, baby. Feel famous. Feel the glory.
#24 - Kaw
Really cool film.
Nice one, liked both music and video (effects).
Sometimes i'll maybe finish my own video with similar theme.

My 2008
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG