(336 posts, started )

Poll : Do you smoke marijuana?

NEVER!!
Once a week or more
never but I wouldn't mind
Maybe once every 6 months ish
Once a month
Once a year
Quote from BlueFlame :We aren't gonna get through to these people.

To be fair, we've all got our own perspectives. I know from experience that the scaremongering that surrounds the topic is mostly fiction, and I don't think it helps people make decisions about whether to take drugs or not. When you discover one lie, how are you supposed to know what the truth is without finding out for yourself?
Make it legal, tax it, regulate it, and educate people. I don't take drugs, never have, never will. The problem is if they made it legal then we would be living in a free country, and we all know we actually live in a totalitarian dictatorship.
Quote from BAMBO :Now to clear one thing up, let's just presume that marijuana is not as harmful as we think and that it's better then drinking alcohol or smoking. The problem with it is not the effect it has on you, it's the after-effect. You see, unlike alcohol or nicotine, marijuana will make you strongly addicted to it thus enhancing the danger of desperately wanting more by any means necessary(worst case scenario: robing a store or accidentally killing a man while trying to take his money, etc.), something that alcohol drinks and cigarettes won't do.

Wrong, terribly wrong, THC (active principle of cannabis) doesn't have any physical addiction effects.

I know noone (even myself) that have experienced physical need of it, If I go 10 or 15 days on vacation to other country, I don't have the slightest doubt or problem about leaving the weed at home.

Once more: I won't say drugs are healthy, but please, don't believe everything said on those "lets-scare-people-to-death-about-drugs" ads you see.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Make it legal, tax it, regulate it, and educate people. I don't take drugs, never have, never will. The problem is if they made it legal then we would be living in a free country, and we all know we actually live in a totalitarian dictatorship.

Exactly, it's called social responsibility, educating (not scaring) society leads to responsible use of everything, prohibiting things is what you do to inmature children, so a society based on prohibitions is an inmature society.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, S14, Since the thread was created by a drug user and the rest of the posts are by drug users, I think this thread (for us) has run its course. We aren't gonna get through to these people. Especially not ones called 510N3D.

i was always taught to ignore people who try to force their view and ways onto you. what makes you think you need to get through to drug users? you really have no proper grasp on life do you?
Quote from Eldanor :
I know noone (even myself) that have experienced physical need of it, If I go 10 or 15 days on vacation to other country, I don't have the slightest doubt or problem about leaving the weed at home.

That's one of the best examples, really. For me it was four months that i've spent in thailand. I didn't even think of it as a "problem", like.. "how am i going to survive without weed for that time?" or something like that. I went to another country, where you can get into serious trouble if they catch you smoking weed. Not to do it until i get back home was a simple and logical decision.

I have stopped smoking weed out of curiosity, just to see if it will change me... if i would be a different person without it. I have done that more than once. One time i stopped for a few months, just to show my boss that my work will still be the same, that he doesn't have to worry about me smoking weed. He never asked about it again, even after i started again.

If there is anything really bad about smoking weed, then it's the smoking part.

Beside that, there are people who cannot handle weed. Weed does change the way you experience your own feelings for example. It doesn't change the feeling itself, but it makes everything feel a little bit stronger. If you feel sad for example, you won't feel any more happy after smoking weed... the opposite is quite possible. Some people cannot handle their own feelings very well, even when sober. In those cases, weed isn't such a great idea.

Weed affects people very differently. Some people can become really lazy. Some people remain the same. Some other people cannot handle themselves and become a little paranoid. Etc.

But so far, weed has never killed somebody. You can't overdose on it, nor will it cause some physical illness (as i said, smoking isn't healthy, we all know that). It can maybe help to develop or trigger a mental illness, but IMO, there is a big chance that those people would have suffered from it even without weed... sooner or later.

And about the comments from BAMBO...

There was a german commedian who once said: "In a dark alley at night, i would prefer to walk into two people which are high on weed... instead of two drunk people."
Quote from BAMBO :So let me resume what I said. Everyone has a different opinion on the subject, some like it, some don't and it's pretty oblivious we are not getting anywhere.

This is where you fail, BAMBO.

Not everyone has a different opinion. The differences are between you and the many others barking in this thread who has an opinion of what you've been spoon fed and me and the many others who have first hand experiences.

There are many VERY experienced marijuana users and ex-marijuana users in this thread that have first hand experience. I would venture a guess that there is no one in this thread who was as heavy of a user as I was in my younger days.

Marijuana is NOT addictive PERIOD. Saying marijuana is addictive is the same as saying that because you like beef for example, that eating beef is addictive and you will "enhance the danger of desperately wanting more by any means necessary worst case scenario: robing a store or accidentally killing a man while trying to take his money, etc."

Now, isn't that silly? Stating it as fact that beef eaters will rob, maim, or kill someone to take their money so that they can buy beef to eat because of their addiction is silly, do you agree?

Your and other's opinions being stated here are completely based on ignorance of the topic. There's no reason for you guys to be arguing in this thread.

Quote from jibber :I have stopped smoking weed out of curiosity, just to see if it will change me...

I smoked pot from 1987 (15 years old) until 1996 (24 years old, when I got married). I was an what I would call an extreme heavy user of maybe an ounce per week. I was getting married and decided it was time to quit. I smoked the last of what I had and quit. No addiction. The only addiction that marijuana has brought to me is my love for the music of Pink Floyd. If I don't get to listen to Pink Floyd on a good sound system every once in a while, I will go nuts!
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, S14, Since the thread was created by a drug user and the rest of the posts are by drug users, I think this thread (for us) has run its course. We aren't gonna get through to these people. Especially not ones called 510N3D.

I guess you dont. At least not with sheer ignorance or some superficial knowledge. You should at least read whats been writen and most importantly, educate yourself before you make a comment yourself. I said numorous times that i respect you guys for not doing any drugs and strangely im still getting the whole nine yards. So why dont you show some respect and stay out of this thread? Oh and for the record, im not smoking no more for a loooong time (and no i dont do the other stuff either). Unfortunately i cant change my name no more. But as long as its only confusing people like you i can live with that.
Quote from mrodgers :
There are many VERY experienced marijuana users and ex-marijuana users in this thread that have first hand experience. I would venture a guess that there is no one in this thread who was as heavy of a user as I was in my younger days.

I smoked pot from 1987 (15 years old) until 1996 (24 years old, when I got married). I was an what I would call an extreme heavy user of maybe an ounce per week. I was getting married and decided it was time to quit. I smoked the last of what I had and quit. No addiction. The only addiction that marijuana has brought to me is my love for the music of Pink Floyd. If I don't get to listen to Pink Floyd on a good sound system every once in a while, I will go nuts!

What an coincidence (somehow) . I was smoking from 1996 (14 years old) - 2006 (24 not married yet lol, just partly forced to and partly bored) and i was a rather heavy user of maybe half an ounce (one ounce really is far too extreme lol) (if ever, reduced it to just a few grams a week for the last years). It was a bit hard in the beginning every now and then but thats only down to some old habbits, where i used to smoke to some occasions or so. Just like having a fag after a good meal i used to sm0ke while hanging out with my buddies, to go and play online or sit back and watch a movie or something. But yeah, i got used to it rather quickly actually.
actually cannabis is very addictive

5 or 6 a day wont get you hooked but 25 as i did will, now im on 12 a day and cant quit

if stop smoking i can be days without eating at all sleeping bad and very depressed

in fact im adicted to the subsatnce not the efects, due to tolerance it has no effect at all on me

but if i quitted 2 days i would feel the effect back but im so hooked i cant even quit 2 days

so tell me ive been smoking for 20 years cannabis is not addictive, ill laugh
Quote from BAMBO : if I where to put them on a scale I would put marijuana, cannabis, etc. higher on the scale then alcohol and nicotine.

Why? How can you possibly say that cigarettes and alcohol are lower on the scale than cannabis?

Alcohol causes severe medical problems, is the root of the vast amount of violence we see on our streets every weekend and is physically addictive. If the drug laws were being written today Alcohol would be illegal, no doubt about it. It's a far more dangerous substance than Cannabis,E's or LSD.

Nicotine is as bad as Heroin. Probably worse actually. It's one of the most addictive substances known to man. I tried Heroin several times. Its certainly not the "one hit addiction" people claim it to be. I had no problem never doing it again...it's a shit drug .
Tobacco on the other hand is the one thing that through all my drug use and abuse that i have never been able to give up for any length of time. It's horribly addictive and kills more people than all other drugs combined. Probably the most dangerous drug on the planet, yet its legal.

Cannabis is in a completely different division to alcohol and nicotine, they are premier league drugs whilst cannabis is in the lower reaches of the third division in comparison.

Your opinions seem to be based on (very old) propaganda and hearsay. They are not based on fact in any way. I said it earlier, the only good drug information is truthful information. Lets stick to the truth in this thread can we?
Quote from lerts :actually cannabis is very addictive
5 or 6 a day wont get you hooked but 25 as i did will, now im on 12 a day and cant quit
if stop smoking i can be days without eating at all sleeping bad and very depressed
in fact im adicted to the subsatnce not the efects, due to tolerance it has no effect at all on me
but if i quitted 2 days i would feel the effect back but im so hooked i cant even quit 2 days

Youre addicted to your habbits and your normal daylife which includes the consumtion of it. Try to use less each day and week and soon you'll be able to stop smoking at all. Thats the easiest way and if you dont manage that then its simple down to self control or the lack of it. No one said its easy but i and many other will tell you that its not impossible.

Rubbish. Its all in your mind.(FACT: It is NOT physically addictive)
If you want to give it up you can. I smoked weed from morning to night (excluding when i was at work) for 20 years. I couldn't imagine life without it. When the time came to pack it in i did, overnight. I was wanting a spliff for days afterwards, but within a week that craving had gone. I now smoke it very occasionally, and never buy the stuff.
Most of my mates were the same, very heavy users that for one reason or another all gave up in their 30's with no problem whatsoever. It's a purely mental thing. It's become a habit for you, but it is not an addiction.
Quote :so tell me ive been smoking for 20 years cannabis is not addictive, ill laugh

20 years of doing anything routinely is likely to result in a fairly ingrained and substantial habit. Most people give up before they get to that point though. I smoked pot regularly from my late teens to mid 20s, and very non-regularly before and after those periods. The last time I did pot was about 4 years ago.

If you're mixing with tobacco then the problem is probably with the tobacco.

PS, I just had a friend come over the other day who was one of the biggest pot heads I knew (hadn't seen him for a few years). He's quit now. I asked him why he gave up, he shrugged his shoulders and simply said he just didn't feel like it anymore..
Quote from jibber :That's one of the best examples, really. For me it was four months that i've spent in thailand. I didn't even think of it as a "problem", like.. "how am i going to survive without weed for that time?" or something like that. I went to another country, where you can get into serious trouble if they catch you smoking weed. Not to do it until i get back home was a simple and logical decision.

I have stopped smoking weed out of curiosity, just to see if it will change me... if i would be a different person without it. I have done that more than once. One time i stopped for a few months, just to show my boss that my work will still be the same, that he doesn't have to worry about me smoking weed. He never asked about it again, even after i started again.

If there is anything really bad about smoking weed, then it's the smoking part.

Beside that, there are people who cannot handle weed. Weed does change the way you experience your own feelings for example. It doesn't change the feeling itself, but it makes everything feel a little bit stronger. If you feel sad for example, you won't feel any more happy after smoking weed... the opposite is quite possible. Some people cannot handle their own feelings very well, even when sober. In those cases, weed isn't such a great idea.

Weed affects people very differently. Some people can become really lazy. Some people remain the same. Some other people cannot handle themselves and become a little paranoid. Etc.

But so far, weed has never killed somebody. You can't overdose on it, nor will it cause some physical illness (as i said, smoking isn't healthy, we all know that). It can maybe help to develop or trigger a mental illness, but IMO, there is a big chance that those people would have suffered from it even without weed... sooner or later.

And about the comments from BAMBO...

There was a german commedian who once said: "In a dark alley at night, i would prefer to walk into two people which are high on weed... instead of two drunk people."

Totally agree mate, perfectly explained.

No, you are not phisically addicted. But you have developed tolerance on it. In fact, phisical tolerance goes as fast as it comes with cannabis. Just stay a week or two without smoking and then do it again: You'll get really high. Phisical addiction comes when the body stops generating some chemical that is substituted with the drug. THC doesn't substitute anything in our body, like the nicotine does. You get phisical dependency on tobbacco because your body stops producing nicotine, and "asks" for an external source of it.

You have some kind od psicological dependecy on it, or just an habit like Electrik car pointed, which is something you shuld think about seriously, like jibber said, people experiment drugs in different "psicological" ways.
if my dependance is only psicological how do you explain i cant eat if i quit smoking

ive even been 4 days without eating any solid, only was able to drink liquids due to my quitting

thats my main problem for quitting, i cant eat and i feel like puking so i go back to smoking to solve the problem
I dont know your medical condition but i guess your making this up just to have an excuse . Seriously and as i said already, perhaps you should consider not stopping radically from one day to another but reduce the amount for days and weeks and then stop when you think you are in control of your eating behaviour again.
yes thats what im doing notice in one year i went from 25 to 12 a day, my intention is go to 2 a day and enjoy them
Quote from lerts :if my dependance is only psicological how do you explain i cant eat if i quit smoking

ive even been 4 days without eating any solid, only was able to drink liquids due to my quitting

thats my main problem for quitting, i cant eat and i feel like puking so i go back to smoking to solve the problem

...what is with the upset stomach? are you taking nico-tabs/patch's or chewing gum?...

if not i'd strongly suggest seeing your doctor, from what I read this is usually the opposite and people tend to crave food with nicotine withdrwal(which is all you are addicted too btw, that and a need for a lifestyle change imo).

If you aren't taking nicotine tabs take a look around at what diet suits your gut best

if you eat well anyway go see the doc. might be serious...you could be pregnant
What are those numbers anyway lerts? Blunts, grams, ounce, heads?
There you go, just go down by 1 a month or something, going cold turkey usually just reminds you how much you need them (e.g. a heavy alcohol addiction withdrawal can easily be deadly), whereas a slow depreciation can make your body think not much has changed.

You can do it
Quote from lerts :if my dependance is only psicological how do you explain i cant eat if i quit smoking

Man, 25, or 12 is too much, you have symptoms of overusing it, it isn't dependency, it's about smoking too much! I smoke three-four hash joints a ¡week!

Seriously, talk to your doctor, he will help you pass this
12 joints a day

normally cannabins increase apetite, makes you happy and makes you sleep, withdraw causes the oposite in my experience, lack of apetite, imsomnia and depresion

this i read it nowhere is personal experience

but im on my way to quit for ezample today at 6 pm i just smoked 4 blunts in the whole day, 1 year ago by this time would have been at least 15

not to mention cannabis makes you paranoid, you can tell everybody who smokes has paranoia one way or other, this is why when someone says something odd he is accused of smoking pot

myself when i get stoned i evolved from people is looking at me years ago to im in the truman show now, thing that i believe quite strongly when im stoned

also when stoned i have mild hallucinations like from almost anaudible far away conversations make up by my mind a conversation normally talking about me

still cannabis is like the specie from dune, you can realize of things you wouldnt other way,it opens your mind, in fact i believe what a girl once said to me, cannabis is banned cause it makes people think and the governments dont want that
Quote from lerts :12 joints a day

normally cannabins increase apetite, makes you happy and makes you sleep, withdraw causes the oposite in my experience, lack of apetite, imsomnia and depresion

Well, then is best for you to try to stop using, or at least reduce it a lot.

Best wishes mate.

Someone get a prize for the most stupid statement of the whole thread.
I'm sorry you are so dumb, it must be sad

Marijuana and me
(336 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG