The online racing simulator
driving with a digital pen as mouse?
(15 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
im thinking of getting a tablet digital pen for playing games that use mouse, the proof that is much precise than mouse lies in seeing writting with both, digital pen is perfect mouse sucks so mouse is much less precise thatn a digital pen

now, anybody use a digital pen?

ive seen digital pens witout tablets very cheap, do they work?

what digital pen you got and how much did you pay?

im not even sure whats the correct name for it

and how many buttons does the pen have?
Tablets don't have buttons, the pressure of you making contact with the surface is the only button they need.

In theory your idea makes sense, but in practise it won't work.
For steering it might work really well, but yes, you'll have trouble making brake and accelerate work.

Get a pad, glue pedals to the analogue sticks and put it under your desk
#4 - JJ72
Quote from lerts :im thinking of getting a tablet digital pen for playing games that use mouse, the proof that is much precise than mouse lies in seeing writting with both, digital pen is perfect mouse sucks so mouse is much less precise thatn a digital pen

have you ever consider that:

pen is better when you write, because you want a pivoting motion around your waist.

but mouse is better if you just want two axis of movement, left - right/ up down, for these movement you lock your waist and move your upper arm.

each is more precise in it's own application, for driving, its more a two axis motion.
I've used a pen before for driving. It's actually really good, but I went back to the mouse simply because I was more used to that, and it felt 'wrong' to use a pen.
My tablet has loads of reprogrammable buttons, for your info
#7 - ajp71
Would it not be more prudent to invest your money in a computer peripheral designed for your intended usage?
He already has a G25 but that's configured for Photoshop
-
(Electrik Kar) DELETED by Electrik Kar
i want the digital tablet to play cod 5 online

i think ill have as much advantage over mousers as mousers have over ps3 and xbox controllers
Quote from lerts :i think ill have as much advantage over mousers as mousers have over ps3 and xbox controllers

Maybe, I always found a trackball best for fps games, they take some getting used to but an index finger operated trackball can rotate and aim much faster. Thumb track balls are pretty dire. Sadly i've not seen a good one on the market for some time so i've gone back to mouse.
I have the wacom volito 2. Used to use it for LFS. Thers 2 handy programmable buttons on the pen, works well.
Do you mean, like driving the car James Bond style?
#14 - MR_B
Quote from lerts :i think ill have as much advantage over mousers as mousers have over ps3 and xbox controllers

Doesn't matter what controller you're using, if you're crap at driving with a mouse, or a wheel, you won't instantly become driving god with something which was made for writing.
Would a touch screen not be the best thing for FPS? touch them it presses down on them and fires. keep it help down for long bursts .

Dunno why no one uses it. it must be bad to play with or somethign I cant work out.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG