The online racing simulator
MPG (Mile to Gallon)/Average fuel consumption
I am going to be doing a local 'Eco' Race on LFS. Going to do 29 laps on 15% fuel, so need to average around 0.5% per lap.
In LFS there is no way of in-game of getting a MPG or average fuel consumption figures. So i was wondering if anyone knew a way of getting the average fuel consumption or a method.
I also was wondering there was a cruise control type of tool for Live for speed.
And lastly, I am tuning there car so that it uses the less possible fuel. In terms of suspension what should of been looking at. Low hard Suspension or High Soft Suspension.
I have change gear ratio's, reduced wieght, use low revs, careful steering, lowest amount of braking all changed, if there is anything else that I could do I would be grateful.

Thanks
Why are you posting two same threads?
An MPG counter would be awesome if it was easy to make!
+1
If i'm not mistaken, if you drive a few laps and then look in one of the tabs (F11 or 12), it shows the average % of fuel used per lap..

Or am I off the point here?
i think youre right there but it some calculation and i think lots of people like me dont know how to calculate it and it therefore wolud be nice with an kilometres per liter or miles per gallon calculator
Quote from Sponge :If i'm not mistaken, if you drive a few laps and then look in one of the tabs (F11 or 12), it shows the average % of fuel used per lap..

Or am I off the point here?

Nah you're not outta point. But that's in percentage and you have to go through a big fuss just to get the average and then calculating it in Gallon/Litres.

What Naza wanted was a tool that helps him to do the calculation and then the value showing up on the screen for him, dun have to do much. And about, cruise control... Hmm that is a good idea, but none have yet been able to make a tool that gauges throttle control. Hopefully someone clever enough is able to come out with something like that.
nevermind, i'm wrong lol.
Quote from jonny dank :but the problem is we don't know how big each car's tank is

You sure?
Attached images
fueltank.jpg
And they're all here

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Cars

I posted this in another thread I think, but here's how to work out the Live Economy of a car in lfs.

As Economy = Distance/Fuel Used, and LFS gives us % per lap, we can work out the economy fairly easy.

Distance for the amount lfs gives us is simply the length of one lap. Fuel Used for that distance is Tank Size x % Used per lap.

Therefore, the economy of a Car in LFS = Length of lap/(Tank Size x % Per Lap). Remember this will be in miles (if that's what you use for the distance) per whatever info you get for the tank size (litres or gallons or whatever)
However KM also works too... And certainly 1 gallon is more than a litre... so that's a separate calculation. If you didn't convert to gallons, the default fuel measuring unit is litre so that makes it Miles per litre. Unless there's gallon in the game....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG