The online racing simulator
Official LFS Beer Thread
(212 posts, started )
Bought tonight:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Bought tonight:

You bastard.

I can't get any of those here. Hopefully Stone's Russian Imperial Stout will be available soon, but those other west coast brews just don't distribute here. Moose Drool is the stuff of legend here.

I had a Foothills Seeing Double IPA and Lagunitas Imperial Red Ale at my local last night though. Lagunitas is one of those fantastic west coasts who do distribute here, and I thank them for it. Everything they make is great.
I really should get round to tasting something different then Super Bock/Sagres style "pale lager"... But I'm a poor student, so I have to drink the cheaper stuff
#55 - Kaw
Quote from Lateralus :You bastard.

I can't get any of those here. Hopefully Stone's Russian Imperial Stout will be available soon, but those other west coast brews just don't distribute here. Moose Drool is the stuff of legend here.

I'll let you know how the Imperial Russian is... I'm saving it for the Steelers game today.

I've really enjoyed the new selection I got from moving out here, though there are a bunch of beers from Atlanta that I miss dearly.

Gil, the thing about good beer is that you generally need less of it to get as drunk/pleasantly buzzed. Sometimes it's worth the investment, even if you're living on the cheap.
Well those 2 aren't bad by any means I don't think... Still they don't have any "special" taste or features, good for the thirst
During a holiday in the belgian Ardennes, I lived in Bellevaux. A small village outside Malmedy (~20 km from Spa Francorchamps!), but with it's own brewery.

The Bellevaux Black is a fantastic black beer, tastes a bit like Guiness just without the creamy feeling when drinking it.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to purchase it outside the Malmedy region (as far as I know - if it is, TELL ME!), but if you are in the area, do yourself the favour and visit Brasserie Bellevaux!

http://www.brasseriedebellevaux.be
Carlton Midstrength

our beers suck, mmmmk
I had a pint of Coors Light yesterday, just to find out what it's like.

I don't think I've ever tatsted such a pissy beer in my entire life. I might as well have been drinking a glass of water.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I had a pint of Coors Light yesterday, just to find out what it's like.

I don't think I've ever tatsted such a pissy beer in my entire life.

You should go to the USA and order a glass of Budweiser.
Tuborg is my favorite, tho it's Danish
They do Tuborg at the rock festival I go to. It's pretty nice.
Quote from thisnameistaken :You should go to the USA and order a glass of Budweiser.

american budweiser tastes like piss, the chzech one is epic
Quote from BastianB :american budweiser tastes like piss, the chzech one is epic

yeah, proper Budvar is well nice.
8.3%! You could run your car off that

Or is that the weird US system that's actually out of 200?
Quote from Crashgate3 :8.3%! You could run your car off that

Or is that the weird US system that's actually out of 200?

It says ABV on the site which mean alcohol by volume, which is the standard measurement, so no.
Holy shit, if it had been the normal %number I would die by drinking that. Think of a box (24) of beers with 8.x% alcholol O_o
It is the normal % number

There's generally two methods - ABV which stands for 'alcohol by volume' and is what it looks like - a measurement of the alcohol content using a percentage of the total volume, and there's 'proof' which is the same thing, but out of 200 for some reason.

You can get bottles of spirits labelled 'over-proof' with alcohol contents of '120%' for example - this is actually 60% ABV.

Has some of this Belhavens in a Scottish pub 2 years ago in Stirling. Nicest I have ever tasted.

Nothing like an ice cold Bulmers either. :ernaehrun
Being a student and having too much of it put me off cider for life.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Being a student and having too much of it put me off cider for life.

Yep defo agree with that. Now moved onto pear cider, you can rinse through that like it's juice (WRONG mentality).

Official LFS Beer Thread
(212 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG