The online racing simulator
Playstation Home
(90 posts, started )
Playstation Home
For those who don't know what Playstation Home is:

Quote :If you're new to the concept of Home, the basic idea is that you'll create an avatar, have an apartment you can decorate, and be able to wander around the world interacting with other users via voice chat, text, and a handful of games. These title-specific places will be open for users to "discuss specific games, plan strategies and access content and clues that will enhance their gaming experience." According to Sony, more of these environments are on the way from partnerships formed with Activision, Disney Eidos, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts, THQ and Ubisoft.

A strange attempt at a "better than Xbox Live Dashboard" in my eyes.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :A strange attempt at a "better than Xbox Live Dashboard" in my eyes.

It does sound very similar, what with the avatar that was recently introduced in the new XBL dashboard, but from the sound of it this will take it a few steps further. I say good for PS3 users!
Social network meets the sims? sounds absolutely boring, but then, I do understand that it might float the boat of someone else.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :A strange attempt at a "better than Xbox Live Dashboard" in my eyes.

+1

ps3 is just trying really hard to keep people on it cos alot are moving to 360.

Should of came up with a better idea...
Wow, didnt expect it to be released tomorow lol
Ill defiently be getting it, Looks really good

Just looked at some pics on IGN and it seems that u can fly a redbull airracing plane ? :S
Quote from DevilDare :+1

PS3 is a better console for outright graphics, and some of their games are pretty ****ing awesome. It has pretty basic networking and is, by comparison to the Xbox, very hard to get online and working smoothly.

Xbox 360 has a wider variety of games, but lacking some of the awesome ones that the PS3 has (like Little Big Planet). It's basically plug and play online features with only basic setup required, and once connected, everything is very simple, and it's easy to be connected with your freinds.

The PS3 is a console you'd have if you're a mainly offline gamer - If you do any amount of online gaming, then it's 360 all the way.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :very hard to get online and working smoothly.

Plug in and play is hard?

Quote :If you do any amount of online gaming, then it's 360 all the way.

Do you think paying €20 a month* to play online is good?

*may not be true
Though I agree that paying for the service is crap. $50 for 13 months is barely anything. If a person can afford a $50 game then they surely can afford the xbox live charge.
Quote from niall09 :Plug in and play is hard?

No, I was refering to the whole user interface, the whole finding your freinds online, the whole playing with them. It's not intuitive, where as the 360 is much more 'user freindly'

Quote :Do you think paying €20 a month* to play online is good?
*may not be true

It's £30-£35 a year from places like Dixons and Play.com, I'm willing to bet if you either bought 2 or 3 cards at once, or bought from Ebay, you'd be looking at about £27 each. Seems pretty reasonable tbh.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No, I was refering to the whole user interface, the whole finding your freinds online, the whole playing with them. It's not intuitive, where as the 360 is much more 'user freindly'

Ok, my mistake.

What ever happened to just having better games?

People seem to forget that quality content is better than empty features. Admittedly, though, my two favorite console series are both Sony exclusive - Killzone and Gran Turismo. Both of them are excellent when drunk with some buddies.
ill be the sad one in the cinema bit watching 007 trailer over and over again

PSN name jwardy6009
Quote from jwardy :ill be the sad one in the cinema bit watching 007 trailer over and over again

PSN name jwardy6009

I'll make a female avatar and sit at the back with you. :lovies:
Quote from Gills4life :I'll make a female avatar and sit at the back with you. :lovies:

this is starting to turn into lonely hearts thread but ok i have a friend who wants to watch 007 trailer with me

if its possible i will have my lfs shirt on
OMG send me one?

Gills and jwardy... promoting lfs across the virtual world.
It's 2 o clock on the supposed day of release and i still got nothing after update.
It actually looks quite interesting, I am looking forward to trying out the Red bull air race game thingy.

Personally, I am happy with the advertising, as long as the content stays free.
Still no sign of Home on my PSN.
#22 - Migz

PS3 has been devoloping this for ages.
If anything, 360 copied PS3 with this idea.

And the 360 avatar and dashboard is quite wii'ish imo, and the opinion of alot of my friends.

So if PS3 was copying 360 with this idea, then 360 was copying Wii..

And anyways the 360 thing is just sort of avatars on your dashboard. Where as home is a sort of built in second life on the PS3.
I don't understand the point of this, it just seems like a 3D menu with an avatar to navigate with? And other people wandering around...?
Its like public chatroom with legs.

I don't care much for it, but it can't do any harm.

Playstation Home
(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG