drivers cam
(19 posts, started )
drivers cam
Nice idea in theory, bad in practise.

-1 from me.
same from me...would just be in the way imo

woohoo 600th post
+2.
Maybe an option to select at in the options screen?
Quote from Vinnylegends :Maybe an option to select at in the options screen?

I disagree with you, it will be a disadvantage for those who have the helmet on.
Quote from Flame CZE :I disagree with you, it will be a disadvantage for those who have the helmet on.

Yes but think about Cruise and crasher servers too.
Quote from Vinnylegends :Yes but think about Cruise and crasher servers too.

That would be their problem. LFS is a racing simulator, not crash or cruise simulator.
Race 07 has this feature for open cars (quite strange actually, as you do wear a helmet in tintops too), and I think it really doesn't add much, except being a bit gimmicky. It's one of those features which are nice to look at in videos or when you're just watching somebody play, but if you drive yourself, either you don't notice it at all, or you're annoyed by it. So all in all not worth the effort.

screeny of race o7:

I have to say, I've never worn a helmet where it seems to protude 6 inches from my chin, like the grid screenshot. I've never really noticed anything other than the top visor, and depending on the helmet, the top of the chin guard.

-1 from me, if I wanted one really badly I could add an overlay to LFS
Well, being a motorcyclist, I'm used to having a helmet on my noggin. I had Race 07 and had completely forgotten about that feature Coleuss - It is just, as you say, a gimmick. Real helmets do not restrict your forward vision in any way like that - And it would be a terrible feature, especially when there are so many popular FBM and FOX servers out there.
now when having an other tough, it would really be in the way. if screen you use when playing would be very pic it could be an option, but when the screen is about 22" it would really be pain in the ass. of course id like this feature for lfs cos its realism. just curious, would it be possible to program and program that just makes helmet thingy on the top of screen. so it kinda would be a program you start and when a press a button and then would appear the parts of helmet you see in rl. that wouldnt be modifying lfs and would be simple program(probaply, dont know a sh1t about programming...)
well now i made a quick copy-paste and watched a lil time and i think this wouldnt be so much on the way(?)
edit:
Quote from Flame CZE :I disagree with you, it will be a disadvantage for those who have the helmet on.

nobody forces them to use it, right?
Quote from ColeusRattus :It's one of those features which are nice to look at in videos or when you're just watching somebody play, but if you drive yourself, either you don't notice it at all, or you're annoyed by it.

No, imo the LFS video as well as that RACE07 screenie are as rubbish as it gets.

Should they start drawing noses in first person shooters too, because you can really see it? You pay attention to your nose when fighting in a war as much as you pay attention to your visor sponsor when racing - 0.
Here's one for when you're feelin' cool.
Attached images
driverwievshades.jpg
That's funny ^
Quote from sinbad :Here's one for when you're feelin' cool.

Seems to be Bourdais view here
The thing is, having worn one of those racing helmets, I never even noticed the helmet, all you realy see is a bit of a black ring around your vision at first, but after a while, you don't even notice it.

I finnished an entire trail run (in good time to) on my dirt bike and didn't even notice the helmet untill the end when I took it off. The effect you get from wearing them wouldent even show up on a monitor, because you see the sides of the helmet as much as the top and bottom, its just a fuzzy black box around your vision, its not realy a small slot across.

Now that I ride vintage though, I wear a bell bubble helmet, one of the old helmets with the clip-on visor. Almost identical to the ones they used in 70's F1.
#17 - Woz
Quote from sinbad :Here's one for when you're feelin' cool.

lol +1 as long as you can select different lens colours. I want rose tinted so everything looks better
lol nice idea but

id like to state that i have done about 47 laps racing my car on the track and the first time i was sitting in pit lane thinking * how the hell am i ment to see properly out of this*. but you know what as soon as i passed the first corner i compleetly forgot i was wearing a helmet. the adrelian and excitement makes u focus on driving not about the stupid box on ur head

i will say this once i got alot better and started comming into the first corner at queensland raceway at 130 KPH + i really noticed how heavy racing helmets are.
Quote from MAD3.0LT :lol nice idea but

id like to state that i have done about 47 laps racing my car on the track and the first time i was sitting in pit lane thinking * how the hell am i ment to see properly out of this*. but you know what as soon as i passed the first corner i compleetly forgot i was wearing a helmet. the adrelian and excitement makes u focus on driving not about the stupid box on ur head

i will say this once i got alot better and started comming into the first corner at queensland raceway at 130 KPH + i really noticed how heavy racing helmets are.

yeh, well didnt know so much about track-racing. ive only ridden mx bikes and on those you dont notice it neither unless you raelly wanna see it or after the ride

drivers cam
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG