The online racing simulator
The G32 is out as well!
#27 - VoiD
I smell digital inputs.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yes that. I wouldn't buy the G27 looking like that.

That "photoshop-ed" (why not "GimP-ed" ?) really doesn't look like a quality job: just imagine the tiny size of those 6 buttons put on the current G25 / or the "super-size me" wheel it'd be if to accomodate all those buttons.

I think it was just simply the genius idea of yet another G25 buyer who was - just like me quite frankly -bored to tears by the fact that the much cheaper Playsi-wheels are so more versatile when it comes to reach and usability of their button allignment!

And of course the fact that if you use the shifter-switch a little more often that crucial accessory is just bound to break very soon-ish because of its all-round inferiour bild-quality and construction (when compared to the rest of the pack).

Anyway -> I just think they are planning another "toy" in order to not lose their market share to the surprisingly strong competitsion they are facing by the guys from fanatic. They just happened to surprise everyone, me too e.g. talking their new clubsport-pedals that come either in bundle AND/OR independent USB-guise.

Just think about it: They JUST HAD to react in order to not bore people into the hands of their competitors. Showing that real competition does matter quite a deal!

Greets & have fun when you purchase whichever wheel you favour!
DrBen
I've never once had the need for more buttons on my racing wheel. I use the two buttons for look left/right and that's all I need. There's more than enough buttons on the shifter unit. I'm replacing my wheel with a Sparco 270 in the coming months, and I bet I'll be able to live without the look left/right on the wheel - I'll just reassign them to the HAT button on the shifter.
well - just to sustain my line of thought...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I've never once had the need for more buttons on my racing wheel. I use the two buttons for look left/right and that's all I need. There's more than enough buttons on the shifter unit. I'm replacing my wheel with a Sparco 270 in the coming months, and I bet I'll be able to live without the look left/right on the wheel - I'll just reassign them to the HAT button on the shifter.

Yeah, my critique is not about the number of buttons, rather their positioning as well as their alignment. They might work well with the shifter-unit mounted to someplace level with your seat - on the desk though (which is where I have the only space to mount it to) I barely use any of them except the outer-right of the 4 red ones for a button - E-brake. Those others are just too much a hassle to reach when acutally racing.
Other than that I really like the wheel itself. It seems sturdy and reliable. Same goes for the pedals (up to now). Only the shifter broke down on me once, having to send in the whole set because of it, waiting like 2 and a half months for the dealer to get a fresh replacement (german warranty/legal issues, you know - they really suck!). Many thank yous to all those playstation arcarde-gamers in the need of a 900° g25 at this point, hehe.

All in all, had fanatec hurried up with building and delivering the GT3-RS-Wheel, I might have reconsidered buying one with the clubsport pedals - and then probably expanded to the clubsport pedal-shifters which, as you can see, would/will cost a whole lot more than the G25.

It's just that the idea is spot-on, unfortunately though the world wasn't ready for(with) it, at the time (quoting some Tocotronic there).

Have fun - regardless of your buying decision
-- please continue to drive cleanly --

DrBen
there is no doubt the picture here is rubbish and a total photochop job but the G27 is real. no one apart from Logitech knows more about this. all we know is the G27 is on the list of new products due for march release, thats it, no more, no less.
Well, they have to... Fanatec is shaping up a serious (and in some ways even superior) competitor...
Was about a time. There has been no competition since Microsoft's and ACT Lab's wheels and that's too many years ago.
Quote from DrBen :They might work well with the shifter-unit mounted to someplace level with your seat

Nope, they suck nonetheless.

Sometimes I turn off the engine or pull the handbrake while trying to reach my look behind key.
And in other news, Logitech lanches the budget G23 wheel + pedal set (no shifter), and the ultra-high end G29½ (ships with 14 speed shifter). High res pics so they must be real!
Rofl
Quote from Bob Smith :And in other news, Logitech lanches the budget G23 wheel + pedal set (no shifter), and the ultra-high end G29½ (ships with 14 speed shifter). High res pics so they must be real!

wow i really want thst G29.5, does it also come with 5 reverse gears?
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from Bob Smith :and the ultra-high end G29½ (ships with 14 speed shifter). High res pics so they must be real!

M&M's chocolate candies?
Quote from Bob Smith :And in other news, Logitech lanches the budget G23 wheel + pedal set (no shifter), and the ultra-high end G29½ (ships with 14 speed shifter). High res pics so they must be real!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!

Now I can do big rig racing!!
If this was real I would've already had the wheel months ago

HAHAHAHAHA :clapclap:
I realy hope the G27 comes with an 8 gate shifter, so we can configure it with reverse wherever we want. Geting rid of the push down reverse would on its own fix part of the reliability problem with the g25 shifter.
Quote from DragonCommando :I realy hope the G27 comes with an 8 gate shifter, so we can configure it with reverse wherever we want.

Most road cars only have 5 speeds thus, sprinkle some magic script dust on it, and you can have reverse where you want
Quote from NightShift :Most road cars only have 5 speeds thus, sprinkle some magic script dust on it, and you can have reverse where you want

But this wheel is designed for race cars, and most of those have 6 speeds with reverse at the top left or bottom right. That is if they have an H-gate at all.
Quote from DragonCommando :But this wheel is designed for race cars, and most of those have 6 speeds with reverse at the top left or bottom right. That is if they have an H-gate at all.

With a clutch, h-shifter with sequential mode and paddles I'd rather say the G25 is designed to handle most type of cars... do you happen to use a second, cheaper wheel just to drive the XFG ?

While I agree it would be better to get rid of the push-down reverse, you probably already have a G25, and my suggestion was meant to increase your enjoyment of the wheel
I actualy don't have a G25, for me it wasn't worth it, the shifter is too prone to failure. I've see way to many people spend the $300 for one only for it to break in the first month.

I'm actualy waiting to see if the G27 is any better, then I'll buy it.

I realy havent had much luck with logitech anyway. I've had two of thier joysticks fail on me. Both of them lost the handel twist function within the first month of having it, and I didn't even use them that much.
Most of the broken shifters are from users abusing the thing. I let my brother try and drive once, and he slammed the thing into the gears. Its not a real shifter, folks. There is a line beyond using which crosses into abuse. If you use it correctly, it will not break. The shifter has not broken on me in two years. Sure, it could have been made to suffer abuse, but it wasn't, and you must change your actions to reflect that.
Well I can't say the G25 is cheap for the kind of toy it is. But to put this simply, where are you going to find another decent wheel with pedals which are not entirely trash, that also comes with a clutch and a shifter, and does not cost you a kidney?

I have had the G25 for 5 months now, my touch could be hardly defined gentle (when driving I tend to forget I'm using a flimsy plastic fake lever instead of the real thing :shrug Touch wood the shifter is still here. So I hope it either breaks within the next 17 months or never

Indeed you have a point in waiting, better things are often ahead but keep holding your breath forever and you're going to die from choking
Quote from MijnWraak :Most of the broken shifters are from users abusing the thing. I let my brother try and drive once, and he slammed the thing into the gears. Its not a real shifter, folks. There is a line beyond using which crosses into abuse. If you use it correctly, it will not break. The shifter has not broken on me in two years. Sure, it could have been made to suffer abuse, but it wasn't, and you must change your actions to reflect that.

very true, i must admit i have abused mine and it broke although took quite a while considering the amount of use
But the shifter should be able to take normal abuse. Imagine you are in a real car and the shifter nob comes loose.

You shouldn´t have to be really careful just use one finger to shift for example even though that is how the G25 shifter is designed obviously.

So it´s still Logitechs fault they didn´t make the shifter sturdy enough for normal use.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG