The online racing simulator
Bring back BL1R on the DEMO
(50 posts, started )
Bring back BL1R and BL2R on the DEMO
I suggest you bring back BL1R on DEMO servers.

The reason is because I (and not just me, most of the people I know) don't like the new BL, especially BL1. For that reason me and others don't visit DEMO servers any more, not even our own team DEMO server, on which many of our (Serbian) curent drivers drove their first laps and scored their first victories, and DEMO servers are neccesary for recruiting new drivers in LFS. All of us from Serbia (probably other countries too) got in LFS through BL1 and XFG and various DEMO competitions on that combo, and me (and many older LFSers) can't seem to like the new BL1.
New BL1R is much better to drive (then new BL1), at least for me, and I'm sure there's others who think the same...

Point being, I don't have the will anymore to go on DEMO servers (BL1) and spend time with new drivers and teach them...
I also don't have the will to organize DEMO leagues and competitions for DEMO drivers (there were plenty of them before), but now their gone. Tournaments, by SERT drivers or some other Serbian teams were organized very often and there was a lot of people. And those tournaments/leagues gatter a lot of people and a lot of new potential S2 drivers...

Also BL1R provides more combos for the tournaments and makes them more interesting.

I'm saying this from an angle of serbian LFS community which came to the point that only oldschool drivers remained (S2 drivers), which came to LFS way before patches Y and Z. Those older (active) drivers are reducing in numbers (people got tired, bored of LFS, whatever...) and there's no new ones to compensate for that. The LFS community is disolving here, shuting down slowly...

So bring back BL1R for the sake of LFS and it's community.
I think that would make a big impact for more, new LFS drivers...

I don't know how is it in other countries, but in Serbia people first spend A LOT of time on DEMO servers, before switching to S2, that's how it is...

As someone who is in LFS almost 4 years, one of the founders of LFS Serbian community and a driver who was recently very frequent on BL1 DEMO servers, i think i have some say about this... All I'm asking is Blackwood Rev., a reverse layout of the track that is already in the DEMO.

To bring back the OLD BL1 and BL1R would be even better, but hey...

I think this would only benefit us/you, a lot more then it can eventually hurt LFS...

EDIT: ... and BL2R.

GO GO GO LFS!
RGDS
I don't see the point in taking it out anyway, especially when if they want to try reverse, all they have to do is drive the wrong way, maybe a ploy to get drifters to buy S2 as that was a drift combo.
I honestly thought Demo servers were able to select BL1R as a track. I'm surprised to see this isn't the case.

Your rant is overly dramatic, however. Never assume to speak for a whole group of people in an effort to give your argument more "strength". No one believes that to be the case anyway.

I agree that enabling Demo servers to run BL1R might not be a bad idea.

About the criticism on the "new" BL1 I'll only say: suck it up, take it like a man, love it or leave it, etc etc. Demo players who loved the "old" BL1 better have probably been on Demo for quite a while, so if they don't like the new one they should buy an S2 license and enjoy the other tracks and cars. New Demo players won't have anything to compare so there's no argument there.

Sorry but demo players had too much content available for a far too long time. BL1R is better than BL1? Great, another incentive to actually buy S2. If you now don't want to race with your buddies anymore because you can't stand BL1 but that's all they have available then that's tough luck, but not a reason to give back demo content.
Plus if people want to try out a proper race on BL1R, or in the XRT, they've only got to source an older patch (should they really need the extra convincing that a licence is worth it).
#6 - Kaw
How about buying lfs?
/hides from flame!
It's easy, if u want to use BL1R in demo, use the command /cruise yes
and put the cars to run =)
we all paid for the content we have, and i would be dissapointed if a demo driver gets more
Quote from Kaw :How about buying lfs?
/hides from flame!

No need to hide from me

---

I think that there is no need to enable BL1R in demo. You can imaginally race in cruise mode.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I don't see the point in taking it out anyway, especially when if they want to try reverse, all they have to do is drive the wrong way, maybe a ploy to get drifters to buy S2 as that was a drift combo.

It was taken out because LFS has had much too 'free' stuff in it for a very long time - They have been able to drift and drag pretty much freely for many years with the XRT - Until it was taken out (and rightly so!)

In what was a silly move from my POV, but I'm sure the Dev's had their own reasons, and I respect them, the demo users were given the FBM.

A demo is a trial version of a game. It allows people to 'try' the game. In LFS' case, it's probbably to test the handling and feel of the cars, FWD, RWD and a car with downforce - You are given a track which has all sorts of corners to do so (Long straight, fast-ish sweeper, slower corners and a hairpin). If after 5 months you're still playing demo, you obviously don't like the game enough to pay for it - And therefore do not deserve any extra content. Besides, no-one drifts on BL1R now, that's normally FE Gold or KY GP Rev

I'm all for demo users who can't afford to pay, but they should not be given any extra content than what they have now (which at the limit in my opinion)
</demo rantings>
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :we all paid for the content we have, and i would be dissapointed if a demo driver gets more

So, if u buyd a cheezburger, u will be disappointed if some LOLCAT haz a cheezburger too?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :A demo is a trial version of a game. It allows people to 'try' the game. In LFS' case, it's probbably to test the handling and feel of the cars, FWD, RWD and a car with downforce - You are given a track which has all sorts of corners to do so (Long straight, fast-ish sweeper, slower corners and a hairpin). If after 5 months you're still playing demo, you obviously don't like the game enough to pay for it - And therefore do not deserve any extra content. Besides, no-one drifts on BL1R now, that's normally FE Gold or KY GP Rev

trial = has all functions, but with a time limit. Lurk moar.

BTW. I would better get back BL2R and not BL1R. I love rallycross =]
Why add more to the DEMO??? IT'S A ****ING DEMO! NOT THE COMPLETE GAME!!!

Imo demo has a lot to offer, and just for free, cmon which game (racing one) gives you 2 tracks, 3 cars and online play???? for the time you want!
Quote from chanoman315 :Why add more to the DEMO??? IT'S A ****ING DEMO! NOT THE COMPLETE GAME!!!

Imo demo has a lot to offer, and just for free, cmon which game (racing one) gives you 2 tracks, 3 cars and online play???? for the time you want!

NFS U2 has a lot of stuff in demo
Quote from Shadowww :So, if u buyd a cheezburger, u will be disappointed if some LOLCAT haz a cheezburger too?

trial = has all functions, but with a time limit. Lurk moar.

BTW. I would better get back BL2R and not BL1R. I love rallycross =]

People like you!

Trial is a demonstration. Free trial means either content restriction or time restrictions.
i trust the devs to make a choice that works for them, and i think that they have already made that choice, in terms of demo content.
demo racers can't use bl1r? lol i didn't noticed that
Quote from S14 DRIFT :In what was a silly move from my POV, but I'm sure the Dev's had their own reasons, and I respect them, the demo users were given the FBM.

1) I'm pretty sure this was a condition set by the Formula BMW team. Without the FBM being available in the demo they wouldn't have been able to use it for the V1 championship effectively.

2) It was good choice in regards to content representation. That way someone who tries* the demo can evaluate the quality of both the road and race car simulation. The XRT which was basically just used as a drift car didn't have much representational value on its own at all.

In retrospect it was a perfect move to kill two birds with one stone. New car, car sponsor's conditions met, demo now better representation of the full product. Making drifters and demo racers who were genuinely interested in the XRT buy the product was a nice side effect, those who ran away screaming wouldn't have bought the game anyway, so nobody cares about them. Or they moved to older patches which is perfectly fine by me (no updates when LFS finally fixes the bogus tyre physics and grows to become a racing simulation instead of a good vehicle dynamics simulator with minor to medium flaws almost everywhere if you look closely).

* You know, some people actually try the demo to figure out whether to buy or not, instead of being cheapskates and using it for years, constantly finding new excuses why spending the 24£ would completely ruin their lives.
demo should be time restricted, just like rFactor
Quote from asbjoern :demo should be time restricted, just like rFactor

But then it must include ALL cars and ALL tracks. Just like rCraptor.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :People like you!

Trial is a demonstration. Free trial means either content restriction or time restrictions.

Shareware = content or time.
Trial is time limited.
Quote from Shadowww :But then it must include ALL cars and ALL tracks. Just like rCraptor.

Trial is time limited.

Rfactor only has like 3 cars in the demo? Also, have you actually played a licensed version of Rfactor? I doubt it - so you shouldn't really call it rcraptor.
Quote from mcintyrej :Rfactor only has like 3 cars in the demo? Also, have you actually played a licensed version of Rfactor? I doubt it - so you shouldn't really call it rcraptor.

Whel i have the ful version and even I tend to say I Rtractor
#22 - 5haz
Anyone explain what is wrong with the 'new' blackwood, whats the difference?
Quote from Shadowww :But then it must include ALL cars and ALL tracks. Just like rCraptor.

Trial is time limited.

So ???

It must include all cars and tracks ?.
You have demo, you get from the devs what they think is fair. Wheter you think its fair or not isnt relevant. They decide and not you or any other demo driver. If ya like it buy it, I mean, I still not seeing the point of not buying LFS. Its 24 euro`s. Completly nothing compared what you get fot it. It cant get any cheaper as it is if that is what your waiting for.

For those 24 euros you get free updates once a while. Or a complet new patch. You tell me were can you get that with any game. Normally a new pacth means paying for it.

But back to subject. If you want the BL1r buy the game. If not then settle with what you get or leave. Cant make it any easier I guess.
Like I stated above the devs decide. And as far I am concerned the demo drivers did get too many in the past.

Just mine 2 cents though.
Quote from 5haz :Anyone explain what is wrong with the 'new' blackwood, whats the difference?

Nothing but demo racer wants its reversed direction.
Quote from AndroidXP :(explains why ditching XRT in favor of FBM was a great idea)

Big +1. The FBM is a completely different car from the XRT - some people hate it, but it's really a great choice for beginners, and feels so much faster than most road cars, which is a real problem IMO, cruising at 90 on a highway feels about as fast as the FBM at 210+ kph.

-1 to OP. Limiting access to tracks is exactly the leverage the devs are using to make you buy an LFS license, so adding more tracks would just increase the time lingerers spend in the demo.

Bring back BL1R on the DEMO
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG