Quote as an example: "They are working on fixing this problem though. I expect it to work again soon, at which point the delayed emails should be delivered switfly"
A known issue, but no notification to users about it, only when people start to complain.
My complaint is not about DDos attacks or unavailibility of servers or issuesd relating to this.
My complaint is
1) No notifications about issues, but a pm "sorry, we are aware that the LFS Master Server has been down for the pas t4 hours, it is out of our control, but we are working on it" would be nice, or a note put on a back-up server, or even a note on an active server like cg.
2) In this case, I suspect my connection problems, like the email verification problem, is due to attempts being made to prevent or minimise DDos attacks.
Just wondering, my pingtest and speedtest results are normal, but my lag the past 2 days on lfs servers makes it undriveable - ping a bit higher, but jitter is galactically high. Any ideas, anyone found the same?
Just get onto a server and start to drive with other drivers. The AI's ignores the Clean Driving Rules and you will not learn a lot getting by them as they will stay on the racing line never mind what. Exception is when your AI's drive a lot and gain experience.
Anyway - first get yourself up to speed, learn to drive good lines, try to stay with other drivers, how to get out of the way of faster drivers.
Passing other drivers... first see whether it is really something to be bothered about at this moment.
Drop by at the Gentleman Drivers Club server when it is not private, you will learn a lot and get lots of help.
Sorry for dropping out of this session after 1 lap - was jealous not to be part of the race.
1) Took an afternoon nap and missed qualification.
2) Something I found more than once: Just before gridding, LFS gave me a competitor's car (had been given a pace car also previously) - this happened when admin did a 'END RACE'. Whether other car or not, I got someone else's skin on mine. So, a bit sleepy I jumped to garage and 'switched to my set'. Car and skin appeared to be fine. On pace lap I realised I was on R2's - no issue, just had to change it to R3's during pit stop. At pit entrance I realised I was on the 'race' set. No sense in continuing.
Congrats on a great practise session. The two car drafting was great!
1) When you get caught, just keep your line. Let the drivers catching you treat you as a car to be drafted and passed. If on a turn, just move away as during a draft.
2) Three car drafting - the FM Youtube video is a nice tutorial. The 3 car draft that took place never really got into a rythm - a bit of haphazard passing took place during the draft.
3) The longer the draft, the faster your lap times, even if you need to lift before passing.
4) Do short lifts, the FZR hates coasting - due to engine braking the rear gets unstable.
5) Select how wide a gap you need to give when being drafted and passed based on when you want to pass again - time needed to catch the driver you want to draft.