The online racing simulator
2012 Kyoto 500: Qualifying Information and Discussion
Hello racers !

It's time for qualifying for the greatest spectacle in LFS. The system is different that what's normal for LFS, and will be highly stressful. Here's the thread to discuss it.

General Information:
Pole Day: 23 June 2012 (Saturday) 17:00 - 23:00 UTC.
Bump Day: 24 June 2012 (Sunday) 17:00 - 23:00 UTC.

General Rules:
Drivers have a maximum of three attempts per day. Attempts are charged after the completion of the first timed lap and first sector of Lap 2. Unused attempts do not carry over to the next day. Once you start the first timed lap of the new attempt, your previous standing time (if any) is deleted from the grid order permanently.

A qualifying attempt consists of two warmup laps, four flying timed laps, and one inlap. The four timed laps are averaged to get the qualifying time.

Tyre warming is prohibited as per the rules, but I do make small allotments. You are permitted a small burnout while exiting your garage, and may go full lock in turns on your first warmup lap. On Warmup 2, you MUST take the normal line, and do NO tyre warming on this lap (High lining is permitted). It has been suggested, however, that doing tyre warming is more detrimental than it is beneficial.

Pole Day:
Pole day is the only day that Pole Position may be taken. At the end of pole day, the fastest qualifier is locked in to P1 even if someone goes faster on Bump Day.

Bump Day:
Bump Day is the day where the rest of the grid is sorted. Bumping referrs to "bumping" the 30th place car out of the field with a faster time. The person in 30th will be referred to as "On the Bubble". Once 30 cars have taken times, Bumping will begin. Bumping may begin on Pole Day.

Procedures
You will be required to request an attempt run via a text chat message saying "Request a run" or similar. If you are in queue and wish to remove yourself, state "Cancel attempt request" While we are qualifying cars, only this will be permitted. The current qualifying car is permitted to block messaged while on his qualifying run ONLY.

You will enter the track immediately after pitwall ends. A layout will be in place to direct you there.

You must return to the pitlane without assistance after your qualifying attempt. As long as part or all of your car has crossed the speed limit start line, you have met this. Failure to do so will result in 0.01 seconds being added to your 4th lap time.

If the qualifying queue is empty, track will be opened for practice until such time another driver wishes to take an attempt.

You are permitted to be in TeamSpeak for chat during session, as well as the NDR IRC located as #ndr on irc.gamesurge.net.

I will be using a Google Spreadsheet to track times, linked below.

You must qualify during one of these two windows in order to be eligible to race in the 2012 Kyoto 500. You do not have to be in server during all 12 qualifying hours. You only need to be in long enough to request a run and do the run. You don't have to be in server while you're waiting in queue technically, but you need to be ready to go within 1 minute of your turn coming up.

You will be PMed the password for the server if you meet the entry requirements. This will be PMed to you Saturday morning.

Qualifying Tracking Document
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by dekojester : <sgtschultz>I see nothing!</sgtschultz>
#2 - J@tko
Win for double screen nerdy-ness
Attached images
win.jpg
this one is better

I can see whats on my left
Attached images
lfs_00000015.jpg
#5 - J@tko
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :this one is better

I can see whats on my left

Ah nice! I would do that if there wasn't a huge gap between my screens
I would love to wish all drivers that made it, a superb good luck, and especially Provost and Majoor!

Good luck guys!

See you all next year, when I'd do a better attempt to make it myself.
Thanks Walter :P
thnx walter. better luck next time
Are there any live stream for this?
Quote from Crizze :Are there any live stream for this?

Quote from Crizze :ah okay, well that sucks, i hope there is one for the race atleast.

To be honest, i doubt it would bring much to you if there was a livestream. Just 12 hours of single cars turning lap.
Indeed, the most exciting thing so far has been Spazz going so slowly that he's almost behind me
Admin, hosts - AN IMPECCABLY PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE during this qualifying session!! Impressive!

- Gerrit
Bumping has begun, as of this posting we have 32 cars on the list.
Quote from J@tko :Indeed, the most exciting thing so far has been Spazz going so slowly that he's almost behind me

Pole declared official!

Klaidas Gasiunas wins the pole with a 36.9675 (180.3530 mph) laptime.

He is locked into place no matter what happens (unless of course he wants to take a new run).

Positions 2-30 are still up for grabs on Sunday's Bump Day.

36 cars currently with a time. Positions 2 and lower can (and will) change through Sunday. Be watching if you're 15th or lower right now, you might need to pop in for another go or two.
nice session guys. I ran a quite disappointing average thanks to me hitting the curb on my 2nd and 3rd laps. Ill be playing it safe and watching how everything pans out until tomorrow though.
Expect to see at least 5 LLM cars redoing Q or posting their first times .
Quote from Mustangman759 :nice session guys. I ran a quite disappointing average thanks to me hitting the curb on my 2nd and 3rd laps. Ill be playing it safe and watching how everything pans out until tomorrow though.
Expect to see at least 5 LLM cars redoing Q or posting their first times .

Hope your not including me in that list cause my time is set and im done. Up to others to knock me out now
I can't believe that my best run was the one with penalty for forgeting put the new skin on. Today I'm gonna set an under 37 time or waste my all runs trying...
Quote from AstroBoy :Hope your not including me in that list cause my time is set and im done. Up to others to knock me out now

Better pray then
well, gonna do a decent one today i guess, i was hoping for a pole run yesterday but the aprons f'ed up my concentration slightly so i just lost a nice P3 spot.

ah well, P2 would be fine too. so is a cat.
I can predict already that bump day is going to be a big bumpfest...
Well, someone better send me a setup or I ain't qualifying.

Did this work?
Time target accomplished with 1st try,now I can chill the rest of evening! Have fun!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG