The online racing simulator
Told not to use hacks.
(46 posts, started )
Told not to use hacks.
After a long time I decided to try racing online again. I always had a lot of problems keeping a connection. Earlier today when I tried at first I was upset because people seemed to ram into me for no reason, but I thought fine, I'll just keep going. I lost connection, rejoined, then got a message from someone which read "Webster, don't use hacks"(or similar). I honestly don't even know exactly what that means, was I being accused of something? I'm just a middle aged guy who's not too computer savy(and can't type and drive at the same time lol) but wants to race cleanly. I do remember once getting a message "Webster, how come I can't see you"? Maybe that's why people were driving right into me. Can anyone tell me what's up with the no hacks message? I think it was VCS ...not sure.
Quote from Webster :After a long time I decided to try racing online again. I always had a lot of problems keeping a connection. Earlier today when I tried at first I was upset because people seemed to ram into me for no reason, but I thought fine, I'll just keep going. I lost connection, rejoined, then got a message from someone which read "Webster, don't use hacks"(or similar). I honestly don't even know exactly what that means, was I being accused of something? I'm just a middle aged guy who's not too computer savy(and can't type and drive at the same time lol) but wants to race cleanly. I do remember once getting a message "Webster, how come I can't see you"? Maybe that's why people were driving right into me. Can anyone tell me what's up with the no hacks message? I think it was VCS ...not sure.

sounds like you may have been lagging a bit on that server. if you connect to a sever which has a high ping, other users may see your car warp around a bit.. or disappear for a few seconds at a time before re-appearing.. or not appearing at all...

the person who accused you of using hacks obviously has no idea what he's talking about, so i wouldnt take any notice of him. he's accusing you of using some kind of illegal modification to the game, which you weren't

only thing i can recommend is that you connect to servers which appear near the top of the server list, they are arranged in order of which one you got the fastest ping to. faster ping = less lag = less worries goodluck
Definately lag.
I am not sure if the case was another. I've seen incidents where a player is logging on, and a red message appears saying something I don't remember the exact words, but I got told that it meant player are using a 'mod' or 'hack' ... for an instance beeing able to choose all wheels on all cars, or the likes ?
Strange thing is, tho' - as I saw that message once, and asked the player about it, he claimed he did not know anything about that and did not use anything at all but original (??? )
Can anyone explain the RED MESSAGE ? I seem to remember it started with JOOB, but not sure.
#5 - Lible
The red message usually should mean that player is using modified version.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from Astro [ BJRL ] :I am not sure if the case was another. I've seen incidents where a player is logging on, and a red message appears saying something I don't remember the exact words, but I got told that it meant player are using a 'mod' or 'hack' ... for an instance beeing able to choose all wheels on all cars, or the likes ?
Strange thing is, tho' - as I saw that message once, and asked the player about it, he claimed he did not know anything about that and did not use anything at all but original (??? )
Can anyone explain the RED MESSAGE ? I seem to remember it started with JOOB, but not sure.

well it also (usually) means they are using an old test patch (ie T5), and it kicks them with the message CPW
Yes it probally is lag, but i have never raced where i cioudnt see a racer. Ive been in races where some1 is lagging like a bitch and moving everywhere, that puts me off, i end up crashing . What are you useing for your internet, i used to use a wireless usp from a router and that was crap, wasnt a strong connection.
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :well it also (usually) means they are using an old test patch (ie T5), and it kicks them with the message CPW

what happened to my ledgend avatar?
Quoting your own post...is sad
And I can't see anything changed in your wabbit avatar.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from Blackout :Quoting your own post...is sad
And I can't see anything changed in your wabbit avatar.

wierd, it came back
Quote from Webster :After a long time I decided to try racing online again. I always had a lot of problems keeping a connection. Earlier today when I tried at first I was upset because people seemed to ram into me for no reason, but I thought fine, I'll just keep going. I lost connection, rejoined, then got a message from someone which read "Webster, don't use hacks"(or similar). I honestly don't even know exactly what that means, was I being accused of something? I'm just a middle aged guy who's not too computer savy(and can't type and drive at the same time lol) but wants to race cleanly. I do remember once getting a message "Webster, how come I can't see you"? Maybe that's why people were driving right into me. Can anyone tell me what's up with the no hacks message? I think it was VCS ...not sure.

Yes it was VCS indeed. You were logging on and off and the last time it said in red "JOOS -main", which means you run a modified version of some kind and we will NOT allow such things on our server!

It is not okay to go try out "mods" on public servers, unless specific told it is okay by welcome msg or other.

If you feel this is not correct, please go to www.vcs.dk and post in our "miscelleneous" and we will treat you with respect and take it from there.
Quote from Lible :The red message usually should mean that player is using modified version.

No, it usually means something has messed up between the connection to the server and your pc, like when you try to conect and get "NETWORK FATAL:CONNABORTED" then some "NOTSOCK" Msg. All you do connect to the server next time and it's fine.

I joined a server yesterday, was about 20 odd people on it and there was loads of MSG's coming up when I connected, so it was still on the "Waiting for first messages" then when I got on I got this Msg in red and disconnected. Went back on and it was fine.

It's just certain surcumstances that cause these Msg's, like your LFS doesn't send some information about your tyres or something to the server then you get the error.

So I wouldn't worry about these Msg's unless you are trying to use hacks!
Quote from MZWiZard :Yes it was VCS indeed. You were logging on and off and the last time it said in red "JOOS -main", which means you run a modified version of some kind and we will NOT allow such things on our server!

It is not okay to go try out "mods" on public servers, unless specific told it is okay by welcome msg or other.

If you feel this is not correct, please go to www.vcs.dk and post in our "miscelleneous" and we will treat you with respect and take it from there.

I don't have a clue how to modify anything, I was only logging back on because I lost connection. I have nothing but the best intentions( would move out of way for blue flag etc.) I will try to find out how my s2 got modified....any ideas?
In the menu screen in LFS, look at the bottom and check which version you have. It's gonna say something like "LFS S2 Alpha 0.5X00" wit X00 being a letter and a number or just a letter.

Then go to the downloads page on liveforspeed.net and download the appropriate patch for updating to the last version.

If that doesn't fix it, I've also seen slow connections leading to those OOS messages so then it's probably your bad connection...
Quote from MZWiZard :Yes it was VCS indeed. You were logging on and off and the last time it said in red "JOOS -main", which means you run a modified version of some kind and we will NOT allow such things on our server!

Absolute rubbish, see Bawbags' post above.

He pretty much says what I would.
Quote from MZWiZard :.. it said in red "JOOS -main", which means you run a modified version of some kind and we will NOT allow such things on our server!

Out Of Sync, could be packet corruption for example.
#17 - col

Pretty funny, first you state publicly that the guy is a cheat, (an assumption based on ignorance), and then you tell him if he has a problem with this, that he should go to your forum - lol. Aside from the fact that the forum is run by folks who have demonstrated poor knowledge of LFS (or very low level of intelligence?), it's a foreign language forum. Telling him to take his problem there seems like a pretty daft suggestion !

Maybe you should just apologise to him here ?
Quote from col :Pretty funny, first you state publicly that the guy is a cheat, (an assumption based on ignorance), and then you tell him if he has a problem with this, that he should go to your forum - lol. Aside from the fact that the forum is run by folks who have demonstrated poor knowledge of LFS (or very low level of intelligence?), it's a foreign language forum. Telling him to take his problem there seems like a pretty daft suggestion !

Maybe you should just apologise to him here ?

First of all, I'm very willing to apologize. The reason I asked him to go to our forum is because I could miss it here. The forum i suggested him is indeed for foreigners, in english.

I will kindly ignore you're insulting me. Since you weren't at the server when this happened, you haven't got the knowlegde to participate that deeply. I were there, and it did in fact look funny to me. I have never seen anybody lag so much without "speedhack". When it also wrote "joos-main" in red, which i remember as being a modified or older executable, I took the decision, based on lag and that message. Furthermore, the outstanding lag was causing other drivers to loose connection.

To Webster: I sincerely apologize if you really didnt do anything wrong, but now you know why i did what i did. If you're right, then you have major problems. Either your machine, internetconnection or both is not operating properly.
I have that happened to me a few times, and i had never had a cheat on my computer, its my personal computer, protected by password, no one elso uses it. I had a friend who happened the same to him and never used cheat, i had a team mate who had the same thing, and i really doubt that he used cheat. The only hack i´ve ever heard for LFS is the unlocker, and the Tweak but i dont think that counts
Quote from MZWiZard :I have never seen anybody lag so much without "speedhack". When it also wrote "joos-main" in red, which i remember as being a modified or older executable, I took the decision, based on lag and that message.

What is the "speedhack"?

And the error message, youre referring to, is CPW, not MAIN.
#21 - Jakg
speedhack makes the game cycle faster somehow, used in GTA multiplayer alot
But I doubt, this exists in LFS?!
#23 - Jakg
Quote from zeugnimod :But I doubt, this exists in LFS?!

well, i know Spudster tried it and it made the whole thing crash
Figures.
ive had that a few times on demo. its not from an actuall person its like a pm. annoyin. maybe just a bug.

Told not to use hacks.
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG