The online racing simulator
#1 - czar3
Permanent Mod Download From In-Game Menu?
Hi all,

I'm new to LFS and with the introduction of Mods, decided to check it out.

I use the in-game Mod browser and downloaded a few cars that I enjoy, but they don't show up in my "garage" screen with the default cars...every time I want to use a modded car, I have to search for it in the Mods menu and select it.

Does this mean the game is downloading the mod every time I select the car?

My fear is that the mod author/LFS might someday remove the car and I won't be able to drive it anymore. Is there a way to permanently download these mods?

Thanks!
Once you have a mod downloaded and select it again, it will check if a newer version exists and if not, it will not download it again and use a cached version.

However, if a mod gets removed for some reason, you won't be able to use it online anymore, but it will still be saved in your LFS folder in mods/vehicles/[MOD NAME~version]/. I haven't tested it, but maybe you could still use a mod in "Testing" mode by renaming the mod folder - removing the version number suffix from the end of the name.
#3 - czar3
Cool,that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying, Flame! And that folder trick is a good tip, I will try it.

Best.
Quote from czar3 :every time I want to use a modded car, I have to search for it in the Mods menu and select it.

You can add it to your "Favorites" list by clicking the star-icon in the car's picture. (not the rating stars but underneath those)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG