The online racing simulator
Goodwood Festival of Greed
(34 posts, started )
My father and I will be going to this event on Friday (free tickets via the Sunday Times ), and I was wondering if other people from here are planning on going.

Also, has anyone got any recommendations on the best place to watch the hill climb, and any other snippets of info I might find useful.
im going to with my dad as we got free tickets as well (love sunday times)
I unfortunately don't read the Sunday times, still thinking about it though even if the prices are high. We'll see
Wouldn't say there are any great viewing spots for the hillclimb tbh. But then again most of the way along it you can see something. There's not usually more than 1 or 2 lines of people in front of you.

Take some food - prices are ridiculous.
I wont be at Speed, but I should be at Revival with the gf and her parents (expect to see a pissed and dressed up taa)
Me too - did speed last year but missed the revival. Get to see some proper racing then.
The best action I saw was about half way up the hill, past the main grandstands, you can look down on parts of the track.
It doesnt really matter though, half the cars will not be "on it", and the F1 cars stopped every couple of hundred yards or so to do burnouts
Be sure to spend lots of time in the paddocks, you can get right up close to most of the fantastic machines there.
You cant fail to have fun though, such a great event.
I went to the revival meeting last year and hope to make it this year. Good to hear your getting dressed up taa, we did last year in a really last minute way but it was definately worth it. Officially THE best motorsport event Ive been to, fantastic atmosphere, amazing cars and WW2 fighters and bombers buzzing the track between races!
Yeah, I went to the Revival a few years ago cos we're friends with someone who owns and races a D50 (not a replica ). But I've not yet experienced the hill climb, so that's this years treat (amonst many other treats if I'm lucky).
How much do tickets go for on average? And are tickets seperate for the hillclimb and road course?

In a few years if I am able to afford it I'll be taking my father as a birthday/christmas present. Just curious
I'm going to be there on Sunday
Quote from MAGGOT :How much do tickets go for on average? And are tickets seperate for the hillclimb and road course?

In a few years if I am able to afford it I'll be taking my father as a birthday/christmas present. Just curious

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/

Tickets for both events are £20/40/45 on Fri/Sat/Sun for basic admission.

There's no need to buy the grandstand tickets for the Revival meeting, you get very good viewing anyway, especially at Fordwater/St Marys because of the limited numbers of tickets sold.

The Festival of Speed is a hillclimb on Lord March's (not very hilly) drive and has a variety of machinery from the beginings to current.

The Revival meeting is a race meeting for cars between 1948-66. It's unique (I think) in that everyone is encouraged to dress in period and there are only pre 1966 vehicles admitted to the paddock and a large number of other period attractions.
I will be going on the friday, my advice is wear lots of suncream, take an umbrella just incase...and get there early.

I will be turning up at 7am, that way i can see most of it before it gets packed. Also if your lucky they put the Red arrows on the friday, last year they had a mock dogfight between 2 older fighter planes and a jet of some kind (destroyed my ear drums more than the F1 car)

Don't bother with the shop stands much, you can get most of it on ebay cheaper.

Last year i got to meet Stirling Moss, which was lucky...he was plugging the A1GP and nobody else was about.

For me Friday is the best day to go, its a lot cheaper and less crowded, all thats missing is a few F1 drivers.
Quote from MAGGOT :How much do tickets go for on average? And are tickets seperate for the hillclimb and road course?

The two events are on separate days and the venues are about half a mile from each other. So yes, separate tickets.
#14 - JJ72
Dang, I try to forget about Goodwood and DTM when I set my mind for a flight back to Hong Kong, and now you brought it up.
Going on the Friday for the first time.

Quote from tristancliffe :someone who owns and races a D50 (not a replica

I was under the impression the only D50 in a race-worthy condition was the FIA approved 'reconstruction' that Jochen Mass drove at the Revival meeting?
It's been restored, but using the original components as much as possible. So it's an original, not a reconstruction or a replica. As for Jochen Mass driving it I wouldn't be surprised
I always go on the friday, you won't be dissapointed because you get exactly the same show with the same cars. All thats not there are are few celebs.
I won't be going this year. I've only been the once when I helped run a stand there, it is interesting but not a pinch on the Revival. I'll be at the revival, haven't decided which day to go yet though, prob Sat.
if anyone is going on sunday i will see you there.

i will apologise in advance for my workmates!

just kidding,

email me your mobile number and lets meet and have a chat.
Just got back, how did everyone else find it?

The event wasn't too crowded and had a great atmosphere for me I have no doubt my favourite car was the Eagle Westlake. I thought there was a fine line up of Silver Arrows, including 2 W154s! Out of the modern F1 cars I'd have said that the Renault looked the most slick and purposeful. Maybe the line up of Le Mans cars was a bit thin due to the Le Mans classic, but the pair of 917s were gorgeous and the 908 Targa Florio with the Gulf stripe looked very slick. Anyone else think the Penske Mercedes looked far more attractive than any of the current F1 cars?

Quote from tristancliffe :It's been restored, but using the original components as much as possible. So it's an original, not a reconstruction or a replica. As for Jochen Mass driving it I wouldn't be surprised

Actually I think I was wrong, the one in the paddock today didn't look like quite the 'recreation' at the revival meeting driven by Jochen Mass, anyway when I'm offered a drive in a D50 replica at Goodwood I dobut I'd be picky
Here are a few pics my Dad took.
Attached images
DSCF0017.JPG
DSCF0018.JPG
DSCF0019.JPG
DSCF0021.JPG
DSCF0022.JPG
DSCF0023.JPG
DSCF0024.JPG
DSCF0025.JPG
Some more including some amazing sand sculptures beats most sand castles anyday
Attached images
DSCF0026.JPG
DSCF0027.JPG
DSCF0028.JPG
DSCF0029.JPG
DSCF0030.JPG
DSCF0031.JPG
DSCF0032.JPG
DSCF0033.JPG
Last two.
Attached images
DSCF0034.JPG
DSCF0035.JPG
Thanks, Alex, great pics. That Eagle gives me the chills!
Well it was great i will try and upload some of my pics later but i think most of them wil turn out crap lol.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG