The online racing simulator
#1 - TiJay
Midnight LFS- 'Save The Racing For The Track'
Inspired by that UK road-safety infomercial disguised as a movie trailer, this video is a 'save the racing for the track' PSA disguised as a trailer using Live For Speed.

With this video, I've gone for a contrast to my Intial MRT video. Here I used realistic angles instead of impossible ones to see if I could still create exciting angles and shots within the laws of physics.

The lens flare is used to give the impression of a 'bling' street racing trailer- it's all glamourous and stereotypical for a reason so that the message at the end is in contrast to the trailer, and shows street racing isn't like The Fast and The Furious- in fact, this racing is dangerous and can kill you.

I wanted to do something original so I think this is the first video using Nightmod too...

Poor quality YouTube version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpjVZgApS50

SDTV version (recommended, 12.8MB):
http://www.bestsharing.com/fil ... Midnight%20Final.wmv.html

All kinds of comments welcome!
Very different, very cool!
WOW!!! Super, I loved that!
great work, nice FX...great music, and everything
#4 - TiJay
Thanks guys, great to hear it!

Once again I'd recommend Sony Vegas to anyone who makes videos, seems like I can't praise it enough atm- it's really easy to do Top Gear effect and colour adjustment. I'll shut up about it now
#5 - joen
When I started the video, I thought "Oh noes, a rice/drift/f&f video!" But because it's meant as a tongue-in-cheek video you are forgiven
Seriously, very lovely done, it stands out because of it's originality. Very nice job
#6 - TiJay
Hehe, cheers Joen!

If anyone's interested to make the AI drive that badly- lower the XFR as much as you can, reduce the tyre pressure as much as possible and increase the braking force as far as it'll go. Then watch 'em suffer. Wheels locking + poor tyres = hello wall.
Very orignal dude. I like the light effects, tho a little bright, it adds to the night theme. Not sure if you can in vagas but maybe lower its opacity so its sligtly seethrough, then we can see the car behind it and looks a tad more RL.

Overall i liked it, not my sort of music but it does suit the vid so i dont care SFX are great and i think the subtitles hit it off.

Good work mate.
#8 - TiJay
Thanks Dave, I'll have a look at those lighting effects next time I make a movie.
#9 - KeMoT
Nice

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG