The online racing simulator
Last used and Fastest setups
A feature that occured to me today that might be useful is if when you are in the Setup window for a car the last used and fastest laping saved setups were flagged in some way.

What I mean is that the local copy of LFS keeps two little matrices of data. Matrix 1 is lastUsedSetup and records a matrix of Cars Vs Tracks and in the data cell it stores the setup name used last. Then when you load a track and select a car it (perhaps) places an "L-" beside the setup name for the last one used on this track for this car.

Similar for the fastest lap time. A data matrix is created, perhaps called PBSetup, that records a matrix of Cars Vs Tracks and in the data cell it stores the setup that last set a PB for that car/track combination. Then when you load a track and select a car it (perhaps) places an "PB-" beside the setup for the last car to achieve a PB on this track with this car.

This would be great in situations where you have and are working with multiple car setups across multiple tracks and need an easy way to pick up where you last left off or if your just going to race to easily pick which car is giving you the best lap times.

Thoughts?

(Appologies if this has already been suggested.)
+1

IIRC, LFS somehow already remembers the last used set for a car and puts it on the top of the setup list, but thats for every track.
I just want LFS to remember my last used setup for a car, and actually keeps that set. So if I change car, and then back, that I don't need to re-select the right set, Cause I tend to forget sometimes, and then it's like... Why am I so slow? Oh, wrong set again...
#4 - joen
Don't think it has been suggested before.

+1
Quote from zeugnimod :+1

IIRC, LFS somehow already remembers the last used set for a car and puts it on the top of the setup list, but thats for every track.

It certainly puts the last modified setup at the top of the list, but this is common across all tracks. So if you modify a car on as2r and then load the same car on so1, the car last modified on as2r will appear at the top of the list for so1.
+1
+1 great suggestion

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG