The online racing simulator
Check out motorcycle mod with realistic physics
I quickly made a simple car based mod, with more realistic motorcycle physics than the mod editor suggests. I don't know if anyone else has already done the same mod. If not, please see. It's really hard to drive like a real two-wheeled vehicle.

Attached files
share.zip - 239 KB - 116 views
#2 - BeNoM
Please enable vsync 😅
It is, of course, enabled in full screen mode. It's just that I was recording video in window mode, so vsync was disabled.
What makes a motorcycle with 4 wheels have more realistic physics than a motorcycle with 2 wheels?

If two wheel physics is wrong, it should be sorted in LFS, not fudged around with hacks...
Quote from PeterN :What makes a motorcycle with 4 wheels have more realistic physics than a motorcycle with 2 wheels?

If two wheel physics is wrong, it should be sorted in LFS, not fudged around with hacks...

I think it's the absence of self-correction of the bike and lean control.
Quote from PeterN :What makes a motorcycle with 4 wheels have more realistic physics than a motorcycle with 2 wheels?

The authors of LFS, for some reason, decided to make the physics of the motorcycle more simple and arcade. This has its pros and cons. Personally, I'm more interested in driving with more realistic physics than with simpler ones.
#7 - Gunn
Quote from Pavel_D :The authors of LFS, for some reason, decided to make the physics of the motorcycle more simple and arcade. This has its pros and cons. Personally, I'm more interested in driving with more realistic physics than with simpler ones.

Scawen is a motorcyclist himself, and many years ago he did post some info about the possibility of including bikes in LFS and why it is not an easy implementation. So the reason why it isn't up to realism standards isn't because of a 'decision' to make it that way. I'm not belittling your mod, it's great that you are working on a solution that suits your own needs - I'm just pointing out that LFS was not designed for bike physics and certainly was not designed for unrealistic bike physics.
It's to Scawen's credit that he even included the possibility at all, especially at this very early stage of mod development in LFS. Perhaps we will see a more advanced version in the future, I'm sure many of us would like that.
#8 - P V L
Hello, I used to ride bikes for more than 35 years, starting when I was 16 years old.

For me its still impressive how nice the bikes drive in LFS as nobody saw this coming

just like 2 months ago. The solution with the change of steering at ~7 kmh may not be

perfect and drivers need to get used, still its working fine after some practising.

But once you got your bike behind this 7 kmh it really acts like bikes do in real life.

On a bike you need to do everything in time do go smooth, like early braking, lean in

early and this way you point out to the straight early and can throttle earlier. And of

course riding a bike with 200 kmh+, on a straight you CANNOT go left and back right just

like a car does. It needs time to react on your leaning and yes in turns we CANNOT go as

fast as sporty cars on road super. But again, this is like in real life. Bikes are NOT

faster than a sportcar doing the actual turn or curve. Since I use the onboard view I get

such a nice feeling for the angle I lean in, its just amazing. Just my opinion, of course.

And now, enjoy the possibilities of LFS now with mods, have fun. P V L

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG