The online racing simulator
The Gold Coast 600.... in LFS - Coming soon
Nice layout dude and very pro driving Smile
After 12 hours total of work... Comparison video has been uploaded above

Still WIP, plenty to change on
May I ask how you approached the layout? Did you use maps, airborne or satellite photos/orthophotos or other geodata? If so what did you use?
I have exactly the same question Smile How you do this? DIstance etc... I need to release a track from Chimay Smile
Nice one Sean, that's epic.
#7 - Gunn
Looking good!
Quote from TFalke55 :May I ask how you approached the layout? Did you use maps, airborne or satellite photos/orthophotos or other geodata? If so what did you use?

Tons of onboards, helicam shots of the landmarks and scenery (I call them "d.o.f objects" in relation to the draw distance), and probably combined 2 hours worth of lapping and lapping to compromise between the car handling to the track.

I've just replaced the embed video with a new one of a quali sim; changed a few corner geometrics and the lap feels even closer to irl now Thumbs up
Quote from NENE87 :I have exactly the same question Smile How you do this? DIstance etc... I need to release a track from Chimay Smile

I'd say man hours.... and patience, this (till today) took about 16 hours and I had an 8 hour session with only a dinner break in between... ended at 3am today Petals
Quote from NENE87 :I have exactly the same question Smile How you do this? DIstance etc... I need to release a track from Chimay Smile

Sometimes you can overlay on the real track to check your progress... but with LFS physics and different ground speed/tire grip some corners won't align 100% perfect... for example, this is the best I've got at the moment (the red line is my track on the Wide Grid X config). *And bearing in mind I did not use this map overlay method until I had fully completed the track at 90%. I mainly relied on my eyes and onboard footage.

For such cool projects, you need to add separate objects to the editor. Tribunes, trees, fences, spectators, marshals, various pillars, etc. You can use objects with different surfaces, grass, soil)
It may be possible to add line library objects. Source from various Blackwood tracks. There is no need to overload textures and objects inside the game.
Maybe it's not that hard ..
Thx for the tips Smile that's really awesome!
Quote from Dmitry[RUS :;1979057"]For such cool projects, you need to add separate objects to the editor. Tribunes, trees, fences, spectators, marshals, various pillars, etc. You can use objects with different surfaces, grass, soil)
It may be possible to add line library objects. Source from various Blackwood tracks. There is no need to overload textures and objects inside the game.
Maybe it's not that hard ..

Wat

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG