The online racing simulator
lfs editor: suggestions.
(36 posts, started )
hello, recently, i received request about Diff for my vintage car.
i want to avoid offer multiple Diff for this old boy (1920)
> so i set the only choice available in the editor : "open diff only"

The requests are about the possibility to have "open & lock diff" ;
in the future, is there possibility to offer that choice ? only lock & open diff available ?
without DGL, clutch diff etc .. ?

thanks a lot Wink
I would Like to see some love to engine configs, it would be nice to have an option to select a different engine configuration maybe with different power (or an added turbo) without having to add a whole new vehicle, I think this is highly needed option and I think the other bike will also benefit from this setting and it won't be needed to post 5 different bikes all of the same model
If it could be controlled by host via insim, that would be even more perfect Big grin
@Scaven pls add
That sounds like a nightmare for any external tools, host settings, hotlap lists etc.

Quote :it won't be needed to post 5 different bikes all of the same model

Is that really nessecary though? Some mods get flak for being merely tweak-mods of default LFS cars. So does it need the same mod in 5 different tweak versions that look the same? No matter if done by being seperate cars or setup options..
I would really like some way to export as obj to accompany import obj option because I spent maybe 4 hours or so re-topologizing windscreens on a derivative of somebodies model, whereas if I could have exported it to Blender I could have done it in probably 5 minutes.
Quote from Gutholz :That sounds like a nightmare for any external tools, host settings, hotlap lists etc.

Is that really necessary though? Some mods get flak for being merely tweak-mods of default LFS cars. So does it need the same mod in 5 different tweak versions that look the same? No matter if done by being separate cars or setup options..

I think actually I mentioned an editable config (maybe linked to setup) for all the base cars, I think this would remove a lot of the tweak cars that are engine/suspension tweaks only from the list if they are able to make the same changes in the setup menu as far as the host settings and insim etc, maybe scawen could think of a workaround.
Quote from Gutholz :That sounds like a nightmare for any external tools, host settings, hotlap lists etc.

agree .. it sounds like a nightmare for race organisations and a dream for cheaters who will have possibly a way to exploit..
So I have a question, would it be possible to get an extended triangle limit, at the moment it's quite hard for me to import a decent bike most of the triangles are well above the limits the gave provides and when they are much closer there's is still problems, most of the bikes I wanted to use seemed to be single-sided which means the panels were invisible from some angles... the only way I found to fix this was to make all those panels double-sided which then extends the number of triangles. It's really quite a difficult task..
I propose to make different attachment points for the levers for a double wishbone suspension, many cars in reality have different attachment points and, accordingly, the length of the levers (upper and lower). It is the same with the height, it is actually different for some cars, but in the Editor the height and width change together, and not separately, as it should be. This would add more realism to the car's behavior.

I also wanted to say about sports tires. Is this considered semislicks or not? If not, then I suggest adding a semislick, average in grip between sports and slick tires.
Hello there, i have some suggestions that might improve the lfs editor and the mod outcome in general, as far as i think Smile

- the ability to customize LOD2 and LOD3 like in the LOD1 (within their current limitations for poly's)
This helps if a mod maker makes a configuration that changes the shape of the vehicle keeping his mod good in terms of shadows and collision box.
*example: if someone was making configuration for a truck mod, let's say he have a refrigerated box, a tipper & cement mixer configurations, they have different shape and so do a collision box.. He can assign each LOD to the appropriate con. Also this helps with the variety a mod can have.

- the ability to add custom masses that are linked to a configuration but with a limitation for total weight/mass that can be added (slider).
*example: getting back to the truck example, player can choose loaded or empty now with mass difference.
As in the already existing voluntary added mass is so limited.

-lights color mapping option, talking here about the very specific  l_side light mapping.
It would be a good idea to have them seperate in the light colors tab in editor so mod can have different colors for headlights and these small ones.
But the main purpose for this is to use it as a way to map a lightbar lights, as currently cars with lightbars use blinkers and headlights to simulate it.
But with 2 different headlight mapping mode they will no longer use blinkers in lightbar as its not convenient to use them on aightbar. Although a seperate activation button to smaller headlights could be perfect aswell .

-switch buttons for configurations.
This could work like a new customization system.
Giving a special name to the layers that can be adjusted by user like M1_layer1 M2_layer2 and so on (within the current limitations and without the need for the C1_XXX naming as in Textures).
*example: a mod have 4 configurations but a user want to mix 2 configurations together that are not in the default cons because the mod have already reached the maximum amount of cons(4), he could now use a On/Off button for his own user_created configuration, so he chooses con1, its a wide body that he like he keeps it on
He move onto con2 it removes hood, he likes it he put it on
Now he has mixed 2 configs without it being in the default ones... And so on... Just like colors.

I hope i was clear enough Big grin
Is it possible to make 6-wheel vehicle? How about Four Wheel Steering?

I assume it is possible to make rear wheel steering, front wheel drive ( forklifts happen to be like this )

This isn't probably correct place to ask, but title says lfs editor: suggestions. So I assume it is just plain general.

( I should of course try it out, only seen some aspects, but then again...)

EDIT: ( My bad, reading mods technical assistance manual... already forgot it )

lfs editor: suggestions.
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG