The online racing simulator
About Steam and Local pricing
(44 posts, started )
Quote from Evolution_R :Voting is a joke. Voting will change nothing.
"If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us do it."

Easy with the black pill, ppl don't like it.

But back to the main topic. I see that the demo players accounts are 7-4-1 years old. If you can't save this amount of money in 4 years or worry about that your potato PC won't run it after graphics update you have more important things to worry about.
Quote from Gutholz :From a quick google search it seems all turkish accounts who posted in this thread are active in a community that runs cracked servers.

Some years ago there was an attempt to cooperate with another cracker, to have him as LFS-reseller. As far I remember, that did not work out.

Are you mentally challenged. If that is a fact, and they are here trying to actually pay and buy the game is a GOOD thing.
Quote from Paprika6 :you have more important things to worry about.

I think this is the moral of the story. You have more important things to worry about if LFS is really that expensive for you.
Quote from nexttime :Are you mentally challenged. If that is a fact, and they are here trying to actually pay and buy the game is a GOOD thing.

They want to buy the game, but only for the price of a bag of peanuts. Not sure if that's a good thing perse.
Quote from Bose321 :I think this is the moral of the story. You have more important things to worry about if LFS is really that expensive for you.

They want to buy the game, but only for the price of a bag of peanuts. Not sure if that's a good thing perse.

Doesn't work like that. 1 Kuwaiti dinar is worth like 3 euros. For them you're paying peanuts as well.
Honestly, dear people .... the streets in Turkey are full, full of real cars! Turkey is not that poor to buy a simulation that has been worked on with passion for 20 years. There are also poor people in Germany, England and France ... they only buy Assetto for 5 euros in the sale. All of this casts a bad shadow over Turkey. I also come from there and know enough people who can afford a lot through work.

Also a game. Shrug
A person working in Turkey typically earns around 7,830 TRY per month. That's 1050 USD, a pretty good salary for an Eastern Europe-Western Asia country and you complain that you can't buy the game for 16$ S2 and 25$ for S3 license. The average salary in Ukraine is 800$, my salary is 500 and I managed to buy the game once, pay my rent, buy food and everything and somehow lived. If you need to buy something you want then collect money for it, buy and enjoy.
Quote from numbazZ :A person working in Turkey typically earns around 7,830 TRY per month. That's 1050 USD, a pretty good salary for an Eastern Europe-Western Asia country and you complain that you can't buy the game for 16$ S2 and 25$ for S3 license. The average salary in Ukraine is 800$, my salary is 500 and I managed to buy the game once, pay my rent, buy food and everything and somehow lived. If you need to buy something you want then collect money for it, buy and enjoy.

most people get 2400 tl "317 USD" in turkey
that's why most people go abroad to work
LIFE IS SO HARD IN TURKEY!
we don't want the game to be free
our wish;
regulation of prices according to the economic situation of the countries
there are too many toxic players in turkish community. i think price is normal. If prices are lowered, toxic players will start hitting serious servers and ruin the races.

12 gbp around of 120 tl. it's not expensive.
Imho the whole discussion about currencies, who earns what etc. still is more complicated as buying powers don't completely translate with a simple currency exchange rate. There are even such effects within the same country, i.e. the general prize level in an expensive city is higher even for daily goods.

At the end of the day, the price for the product Live for Speed is a business decision by the developers, who have to pay their bills as well to offer their services. And they have to pay their bills in their currency, which may or may not be different to the currency of the place you live in.
-
(Cutie pie) DELETED by Cutie pie : on a second though, it's not that funny
Of course the bills in UK are way higher than those in Turkey, but the payment is higher too. The opposite is also true. In Bulgaria the minimum wage is 332 € EUR, but the bills are not so high at the moment and most of the people have their own homes - not paying rent. In UK the minimum wage is 1,583 EUR.
The problem lies entirely elsewhere. In Turkey there are shops and stores everywhere that seem to sell pirated films and games with impunity. This creates the impression that games and films are very inexpensive. There is a social acceptance of the cheap acquisition of such goods. It should perhaps be mentioned that games and films are a "luxury good" and not a livelihood. This is especially true for simulations with steering wheels and the like. I have often met children and schoolchildren on Turkish servers and I think they are only complaining about here. Because someone who works so hard must have completely different problems to deal with than thinking about the prices of a computer game. In my opinion, students here complain about their pocket money.
Quote from Xenix74 :The problem lies entirely elsewhere. In Turkey there are shops and stores everywhere that seem to sell pirated films and games with impunity. This creates the impression that games and films are very inexpensive. There is a social acceptance of the cheap acquisition of such goods. It should perhaps be mentioned that games and films are a "luxury good" and not a livelihood. This is especially true for simulations with steering wheels and the like. I have often met children and schoolchildren on Turkish servers and I think they are only complaining about here. Because someone who works so hard must have completely different problems to deal with than thinking about the prices of a computer game. In my opinion, students here complain about their pocket money.

Best comment in this thread. This also describe the situation in my country as well.
Quote from Bose321 :If you're seriously having problems running LFS in 2021 you really have a crappy PC. Aren't the Turks the #1 source of LFS hacking and cracking? If you really love it just buy it. The devs have told it is not coming to Steam.

You think FH4 is better for cruising? Go play that then. You sure would get bored quickly I can imagine. LFS is already cheap, I'm sure you can save up some cash if you really want it.

Also, I'm not sure if the community would benefit from this potential increasement of players, but that's a whole other subject. Smile

Yes and YES. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg, even by Turkish standards, to get S2. Besides, don't they have a myriad of cracked servers to play on?

Mr. Scavier already rolled out a system to make LFS more affordable, especially with developing countries such as Turkey in mind. Honestly pretty greedy to ask for another discount on top of the current one, only for Turkey. 6GBP isn't impossible to come by, and if you're an aspiring player which is short on money, maybe you can win Kristoffer's giveaway and get S2 that way.

But ultimately, I'm going to vouch for quality over quantity because not everyone should just jump into S2, because people that once were drag racers on no-name Demo servers will suddenly overrun Multiclass, TC etc. and ultimately increase the admins' workloads.

P.S: Don't push your luck when it comes to Steam. It's been discussed before.

P.P.S: Call me whatever you like, it's the cold, hard truth.
well damn the TV shows from Turkey are pretty neat though. Sen Cal Kapimi definitely doesn't give ya an impression that it could be as bad as someone else mentions it. I know, it's just a damn TV series but clearly things aren't that bad..
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :Next discount goes to... tadaaaa... Bangladesh.

because greenland dont have any trees so they are out of any discounts..

whos next? uruguay ?

why should anyone get a discount tbh ?

this whole debate is just Stupid.
lol

Brazilians should make a post complaining about Bolsonaro so they can get a discount as well
Why do you make politics out of it?

Of course it's stupid when small children are propagandized.

But how often have you talked about American children vacationing with the family at a shooting range here in the LFS forum? Never bet! Prove that you are more mature than these 13 year olds by not counting this for an entire country.

About Steam and Local pricing
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG