The online racing simulator
About Steam and Local pricing
(44 posts, started )
Hi all,

Today, I want to discuss about LFS in developing countries.

As you may remember there was a listing on Steam Greenlight for LFS. As a fellow Steam User I'd rather buy LFS on Steam. But why? LFS has a price tag £12 for developing countries. I'm living in Turkey and nowadays Turkish people have casual buying power against import softwares. Steam offers us to shop US$1 = TRY1.5 on available titles (which titles doesn't greed on us). £24 equals $33.50 on LFS.net and with given conversion above this makes ~TRY50. As far as I know, other developing countries (Russia isn't developing but, you know Smile) got similar conversion offers on Steam. TRY50 is quite good deal for me against TRY125 + Payment and Bank conversion costs. IMO anybody has Demo License would think same.

With the given calculations and sitrep; I juuuust bought the FH4 on Steam with TRY92 price tag (ultimate is TRY150)! For who don't know the global price tag, It roughly makes TRY900+ for UE and TRY500+ for SE. Physics-wise, It's for sure horrible Smile But, no one can say the content doesn't worth it. It worths every penny. For cruising purposes, why would I choose LFS over FH4?

Cruisers love LFS and always want more. Also I had talk with Demo Licensed, cruise lover, fairly poor users. They are worried about new Graphics update since some of them got old low-end PCs. If they would need new PC, they may can't afford. Whose can afford would buy new PC but there is an alternative like I said above.

I like LFS. Turkish people like LFS. Developing Countries like LFS. Maybe there would be something developers can do. With given examples and calculations, how may I promote users to upgrade their license?
That's what we need. Smile
#3 - 1653
Hello, the subject you wrote is of great importance for every lfs player. If there is a discount in Turkish lira, the number of people who want to play the game will increase. (You are right about this)
something we've been waiting for a long time.
no
If you're seriously having problems running LFS in 2021 you really have a crappy PC. Aren't the Turks the #1 source of LFS hacking and cracking? If you really love it just buy it. The devs have told it is not coming to Steam.

You think FH4 is better for cruising? Go play that then. You sure would get bored quickly I can imagine. LFS is already cheap, I'm sure you can save up some cash if you really want it.

Also, I'm not sure if the community would benefit from this potential increasement of players, but that's a whole other subject. Smile
Quote from jandarma trafik 1839 :something we've been waiting for a long time.

and you couldn't save 5% of your minimum wage during this long time, amazing
Yes, we want a discount. Smile
Quote from EreN55. :Yes, we want a discount. Smile

You already have discount!

Say right away that you want it for free. Face -> palm
Attached images
Discount.png
The game already as it is, is cheap. goddamnit you ppl
ERDUVAN
Hello lfs players
We are not the person responsible for the economic situation of our country.
If they had it, they wouldn't need to "crack"
Responsible for this is available in the file I shared additionally.
Attached images
unnamed.jpg
LFS isn't an expensive game, but I wouldn't mind if a had it on Steam. Btw Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on Steam in Ukraine cost 35$ and 20$ for basic because of regional pricing Smile
It should be evaluated.
LFS should be free in turkey under the "orospu cocugu" pact of 2003.
As OP I'd like to answer some,

First of all you can't ignore the cruisers, drifters, modders etc. Because they exist and why you wouldn't count them as community?

This wasn't a post about 'Turks', you need to understand there are hackers and crackers all around the world. Last decade this dropped due to Steam's regional pricing in Turkey. I'm proud of supporting and buying geniune software. I'm a legit license owner and also gave vouchers to my online friends. I was uploading skins back then, for Demo users, through my own wallet, without any charge.

Steam and Microsoft is making profit with this 'discount'. Otherwise, why would they do that? This is not about me. The potential is huge and I'm pointing this out. LFS is better without steam, for sure. That doesn't mean Steam or LFS are wrong. That just wouldn't work.

In Turkey, minimum wage is just not applied. There are millions of Non registered workers. We have %20+ unemployment rate. But again, this isn't about Turkey. With your word, RoW, is in trouble and needs your support.

There are unlicensed toxic players but those already wouldn't pay or pays then gets a permanent ban over servers. So as 'community' we should encourage fair play and discourage toxicity. But doing that with money isn't the solution.
Quote from ataslfs24 :Hello lfs players
We are not the person responsible for the economic situation of our country.
If they had it, they wouldn't need to "crack"
Responsible for this is available in the file I shared additionally.

Just because you have a failed leader, doesn't mean there is a need to crack. There never is. Just buy the game, it's already really cheap.
Quote from DaY_WaLkeR_TR :As OP I'd like to answer some,

In Turkey, minimum wage is just not applied. There are millions of Non registered workers. We have %20+ unemployment rate. But again, this isn't about Turkey. With your word, RoW, is in trouble and needs your support.

Majority of the pirates wouldn't buy the game even if it would cost less.
I don't think people hack/crack/pirate games softwares movies etc. because they can't affor them. It's because of principle.
Quote from Paprika6 :Majority of the pirates wouldn't buy the game even if it would cost less.
I don't think people hack/crack/pirate games softwares movies etc. because they can't affor them. It's because of principle.

Topic isn't about pirates. I'm actually talking for Unlicensed players. There are many demo players which refuses pirating. Not all demo players are pirates.

P.S. Most of my friends let the cracking because of Steam's regional pricing back many years ago. Also they don't buy DRM'd games (Denuvo etc.).
Quote from Bose321 :Just because you have a failed leader, doesn't mean there is a need to crack. There never is. Just buy the game, it's already really cheap.

LFS is not cheap in Turkey
And I'm sorry we don't have a leader like yours :,(
ı'm crying now :,(
Atakürt is rolling in his grave.
Turkey was one of the richest countries in the world, then erDOGan came.
The Steam has been considered by the team already.
There are legal issues why it is *NOT* easy for LFS team to sell on steam, and it would require quite a big change in their legal status to sell on steam IIRC.

The pricing already is regional (as a result of discussion similar to this, before the whole world had the same price as UK, so the Turkish players have long-term -50% sale on LFS, at least for last few years - before they had to pay full 100% price).

If you don't like current status, any polite and respectful feedback on this forum is surely welcome, I bet the LFS team does overview these posts and keeps re-considering their decisions all the time and looking for the optimal way to sell their game. (but also consider they don't find steam attractive-enough for *many years* ... and I haven't noticed any signs there's some change in the air right now, so I guess you may want to have "plan B" and start saving every month for a game)

EDITED: ... I always manage to omit those "NOT"s... dang.

EDIT2: (BTW I personally did drive hundreds of hours in the demo, not capable to buy S2 license back at the time.... and I bought the S2 and later S3 at times, when I actually can't even play LFS any more, as I lately don't have HW and SW suitable for windows PC games ... but I still enjoyed the demo of LFS so much, that I find that reward to the team completely earned, and well priced)
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Atakürt is rolling in his grave.

Big grin Big grin
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Atakürt is rolling in his grave.

Atatürk!
Quote from DaY_WaLkeR_TR :Topic isn't about pirates. I'm actually talking for Unlicensed players. There are many demo players which refuses pirating. Not all demo players are pirates.

P.S. Most of my friends let the cracking because of Steam's regional pricing back many years ago. Also they don't buy DRM'd games (Denuvo etc.).

From a quick google search it seems all turkish accounts who posted in this thread are active in a community that runs cracked servers.

Some years ago there was an attempt to cooperate with another cracker, to have him as LFS-reseller. As far I remember, that did not work out.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :vote for someone not fake.

Voting is a joke. Voting will change nothing.
"If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us do it."

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG