The online racing simulator
Is anyone working on a FILSCA script?
Quote from christoph schirmer :c) FILSCA and LFS is a sad matter indeed. I would very much welcome leagues to FILSCA and provide service. But there is one problem: we do not have a script for uploading the results, nor do we currently have the man-power to develop one. That script is actually everything needed. FILSCA is a community-powered endeavor, and as such depends on the engagement and commitment of its members. Maybe some one who is skilled in php would be interest to code a parser?

Some weeks ago the long-standing absence of LFS from the list of FILSCA simulations was explained to be primarily due to lack of a script to automate uploading of race results. I was wondering if anyone in the sizable community of programmers who make addons had taken up the task yet. There's already scripts that can generate lots of stats, http://www.geocities.com/mrodg ... 3_2006_06_16_results.html so shouldn't it be doable?
Depending on exactly what they want, it shouldnt be too difficult (I didnt know exactly what the FILSCA was, before googling it). But I'm fairly sure theres something that already exists; either that could be forked, or extended to meet their needs.
I had been asked to do this, hence my enquiries before in the programmers forum, but they want live results as the race is going on, and atm I just don't have time (damn work).

I don't think analysing a replay afterwards seems to cut it, but obviously provides other useful info.
I think one of the enduro leagues had live timing on a website for a 24h event. Was that LFS Spectator?
#5 - P1lot
Quote from cannonfodder :Some weeks ago the long-standing absence of LFS from the list of FILSCA simulations was explained to be primarily due to lack of a script to automate uploading of race results. I was wondering if anyone in the sizable community of programmers who make addons had taken up the task yet. There's already scripts that can generate lots of stats, http://www.geocities.com/mrodg ... 3_2006_06_16_results.html so shouldn't it be doable?

LOL. Sorry, but that's due to lack of interest of FILSCA into LFS: There are tools like that sonce YEARS. Upload and automatic race results were done already 2 years ago by the LFS Endu League, and is also used by ESL since YEARS.
#7 - xoph
It would be great if leagues were interested to join FILSCA. But FILSCA is a team work. And we would need a coder to code one script to parse the results for the FILSCA database. Of course, there are many parsers around, and individual scripts, but we need one that reads the data for our database. I can only repeat that I would be most happy if there is one who wants to write that script, and would contact me.
If someone from FILSCA could give us some technical details about the format of the information in your database, and how the scripts would need to interact, I'm sure the LFS community could rustle something up very quickly.

Now I presume like most community type websites these days you are running a PHP/mySQL combo, and you have an established database schema for storing leagues and race results. If we can get access to that information then it should be straighforward to modify existing race result scripts to re-format the race-info to match the FILSCA database schema.
I think the impasse here is that FILSCA is waiting for a coder to come up to them, commit to the project, and do it behind closed doors. Meanwhile the LFS community is waiting for FILSCA to make the technical requirements public so the coders can "swarm" around it until someone sticks with it long enough to complete it.
Quote from Vykos69 :LOL. Sorry, but that's due to lack of interest of FILSCA into LFS: There are tools like that sonce YEARS. Upload and automatic race results were done already 2 years ago by the LFS Endu League, and is also used by ESL since YEARS.

exactly. If they really wanted it, we had this done by long now.
Uploading live results to a php script? Hmmm.. sounds like what the program I'm making for the North American League does. For now the only relevant thing it does is upload qualify (best lap) info to our site, which is entirely a LAMP server.

It also does a little more with the server, including: reporting host*.txt info every N seconds, downloading a xml list of our members, downloading detailed member info for when they join the race, and downloading a welcome message. Future ideas are easy to implement.

Oh, its also a HTTP server so people could see live results, or even control the program after logging in, from any browser.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG