The online racing simulator
Is my FFB set incorrectly?
(4 posts, started )
#1 - D7ve
Hi,
I have Assetto Corsa as my main sim game where I do my primary driving and all that stuff, so I'm used to the FFB there and it's just freaking awesome, feels like a real car (I'm more of an IRL racer than a sim racer). I got LFS because of a championship, however, in LFS the FFB feels like total trash. I am practicing in XR GTR on Westhill as a preparation for a championship, but the car is basically undrivable. The counterforce is hyper strong, it feels like there are 4 elephants on the front on of the car how hard to turn it is. Track feedback is nonexistent, except when I go over a sausage curb, then it rips my arms off. My wheel is Thrustmaster T-GT. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't touched the wheel control panel settings coz it works fine for both Project Cars and Assetto.
Thanks for any help.
Dave
Use FFB force at around 20% in game, so it does not saturate. Tinker with the setup, you can adjust the caster so the steering rack receives weaker leverage from the ground.

LFS does not have added effects, it renders purely what the steering column receives. So you probably miss some of that if you are used to other seems.
On top of that, tracks are so smooth that they don't really have anything to transmit, but you sure feel changes in grip/surface.
Also you can adjust the strength of FFB on the fly with < and > keys,the adjustment this way is 5% per keypress.
Hi, are you using the Logitech Profiler?

The LFS Manual has section about setting up the Logitech settings, maybe try that and see if it helps?

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG