The online racing simulator
How are WR set and accepted?
(20 posts, started )
I noticed someone come very close to a WR last night and wondered if he had of broken it would the server auto save the race or are the servers linked to a database..??

Im a noob when it comes to LFS

So whats the procedure or what should I do if I happen to set a new WR..

And are WR's valid on demo servers?
WR's are only set offline in hotlapping mode. Therefore, you must save a replay of your lap and upload it to LFSWorld in order for it to count. Multiplayer laps do not count towards hotlap ranks or WR's.

It is quite possible for a demo user to upload a hotlap using the demo tracks and cars. It is also possible for a demo user to set a WR, but considering the caliber of licensed drivers, seems very unlikely.
For a WR to be valid, you must drive in hot lap mode. Many people drive WR times on-line.
oke doke..

Any specific reason why online racing times are not accepted ??
#5 - Gobby
Slipstreaming...?
#6 - Jakg
corner cutting, drafting, bump drafting, other cars help, etc
But corner cutting is something you see on any track if the car can safely cut it, I guess it becomes an exploit if the designer didnt intend for it to happen.
As long as two tires are on the track (curbs being part of the track), it's no cutting. But take for instance the exit of the chicane before S/F on most AS-tracks: if the tires arent there you can take a much faster line and this is checked in hotlap mode.
Quote from Forbin :... but considering the caliber of licensed drivers, seems very unlikely.

Quite untrue as I think it was PartyBoyU who held the GTi/BL1 record for quite some time while he was still a demo user. It wasn't until recently he became S2 licensed (shortly before patch U?).

And what Hoellsen said. In hotlap mode, LFS checks for you cutting corners. In multiplayer it does not.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from [The.O.C] LaughingGravy :But corner cutting is something you see on any track if the car can safely cut it, I guess it becomes an exploit if the designer didnt intend for it to happen.

HLVC in hotlaps stop it, it aint in multiplayer, but most tracks cant be cut safely, but sometimes you get mega times due to cuts
Like FE rallyx green, where you can nicely jump around T2 :P
Quote from mrodgers :Quite untrue as I think it was PartyBoyU who held the GTi/BL1 record for quite some time while he was still a demo user. It wasn't until recently he became S2 licensed (shortly before patch U?).

Yes, there are some demo racers with very good driving skills who get close to WR times quite easily.
Quote from mrodgers :Quite untrue as I think it was PartyBoyU who held the GTi/BL1 record for quite some time while he was still a demo user. It wasn't until recently he became S2 licensed (shortly before patch U?).

And the WR for BL1/XRT has been in the hands of some demo player for most of the time since S2 alpha came out. It still is.
#14 - Gunn
Quote from [The.O.C] LaughingGravy :
Any specific reason why online racing times are not accepted ??

Real life world records are not accepted if they are achieved in a race either.
Quite untrue. Official lap records are always set during races.
-
(kingfishersa) DELETED by kingfishersa : already found the answer
Quote from Hoellsen :Quite untrue. Official lap records are always set during races.

Does this include official practice and qualifying?
Usually leagues keep separate records for qualifying and race laps, iirc.
nice bumperz!
not accepted online because you could have some BF1 pushing your UF1 down the straight at 200mph lol...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Usually leagues keep separate records for qualifying and race laps, iirc.

But in what circumstance does a world record become a world record?

I have always believed that a World Record is set in a race and not practice or qualifying.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG