The online racing simulator
My game review
(53 posts, started )
Quote from PusicDrift :Driven distance : 0 Km

ok

Yeah, must be on single player. Multiplayer is indeed another story. Of course that is a case to be interested to race against other persons. No wonder it is a bit boring Big grin. Oh and layouts...
Quote from PusicDrift :Driven distance : 0 Km

ok

Dude, first time I played LFS was like 10 years ago.I only played demo version and I liked it a lot. But I always thought that those cars in S1-S3 packs will bring something special. They didn't.
And it is really dissapointing to see that throught those 10 years literally nothing changed in the game.
Even the smileys on this forum is something from 2002, meh Shrug
Quote from AfterAll14 :And it is really dissapointing to see that throught those 10 years literally nothing changed in the game.

I partly agreed with you but why you even cared a smiley face from 2002 that much?

I knew some of the people require some new contents so they can have enough passion on it, but even AC deliver new contents by tens of people's nice work(as I know there were over 61 people in Kunos). I think you may have to know there is only ONE person develop the whole game and only ONE for art and ONE for web services.

Scawan have been deeply through some of the tyres physics some times, even some of the physics version are wrong. He's keep trying. It's truth we've been waiting for a while but new things like VR never fall that down in this game. Finally there will be some really nice progress like new graphics and tyre physics, they will coming soon and after that it should be going on very smoothly. How can you ignore that?

Since you are a player from 10 years ago, you even don't read the developing news? Since then his progress was stuckd on tyres. After this can he release the VWS and other contents. From 2002 to 2007 there are really lots of cars and tracks been created.
I didn't want to start this topic, but since you did. No. In 10 years an amateur can learn physics from 0, write his own game engine and build a sim that will surpass LFS in every single dimension. And I'm saying that having expirience in game development, particularly in car physics.
In 2018 it's more than simple thing to do. Take any free game engine on your choice (UE4, Unity, CE). Integrate your physics within 6-12 months. Invest some money in game models and assets. And here you go - new game with AAA graphics steam ready.
Why LFS devs can't do that. Probably cause it's dead. Mentally.
Quote from AfterAll14 :I didn't want to start this topic, but since you did. No. In 10 years an amateur can learn physics from 0, write his own game engine and build a sim that will surpass LFS in every single dimension. And I'm saying that having expirience in game development, particularly in car physics.
In 2018 it's more than simple thing to do. Take any free game engine on your choice (UE4, Unity, CE). Integrate your physics within 6-12 months. Invest some money in game models and assets. And here you go - new game with AAA graphics steam ready.

You do know Kunos have over 61 people working on and developed ACC for over a year and it still not finished till 2019 Q1, do you? Scawan's income only by people buying licenses as Kunos have 505.
I'm not responsible for kunos. It's their internal business how to do things. I'm just saying what is possible for a very small team (even single person) to achieve.
Quote from AfterAll14 :I'm not responsible for kunos. It's their internal business how to do things. I'm just saying what is possible for a very small team (even single person) to achieve.

So I asked you, which game is currently developed by ONE person by using a nice game engine and have this kind of realistic experience? If none, I think it need more time. But at that moment it will be UE10 or something very late, so what UE4 is going to do that time? Will you stand out and say this game is no change in the past few years?
Quote from AfterAll14 :I didn't want to start this topic, but since you did. No. In 10 years an amateur can learn physics from 0, write his own game engine and build a sim that will surpass LFS in every single dimension. And I'm saying that having expirience in game development, particularly in car physics.

And how could you say "In 2018 it's more than simple thing to do." ? Even RF2 people thinks that their current tyre model are not perfect.

Start writing, we wait for you to play your game and hope to be better than this Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grinBig grinOmg omg omgOmg omg omgOmg omg omgOmg omg omgOmg omg omg
This is hilarious, just... lol
Triggered... that will turn this game review as amateur level.
Lock thread please.

Ok,then why don't you make the perfect simulator if it's so easy?
I challenge you to make one in 12 months. When it's ready,release it and I'll buy for 100€. But only if it really surpasses LFS in every single dimension. If not - you have to publically admit that you're wrong - wrong in every single dimension!
This is sad to see that LFS community is a bunch of unedaquate children. My post was meant to be realistic look at how things are. My conclusion is - LFS needs big jump, and that jump is possible. You took it as offense. If you wanna see LFS stuck in 2002 forever that is your problem. I hope LFS developers have different point of view.
I see no point in further discussion with you.
Didn't read everything but yeah it feels like we're in a toxic community... Frown
Thanks for your contribution to the Devs mate Heart
Funny how community gets called a bunch of children by someone,who barely tried out the sim and complains about things that can be changed in settings and about things that are solely devs' decisions and noone can do anything about that. And claims that it's easily possible to build a better sim in one year time. Just like the couch experts who watches football/basketball/icehockey/younameit game on TV and then says where the mistakes are and actually noone can properly play the named game,while being absolutely unsporty himself.
The earlier you understand that LFS is practically one person project with assistance of other 2,the earlier you can use the most out of what you get or just leave if it's not enough. It's their way of working and you cannot do anything about that. Most of the community has accepted that and either enjoys what they're getting for pretty low money or left for "better" (or rather more popular) titles. Yes,the list of cars is not very big and could use a lot other different types. Yes,the list of track environments is small. We all know that,we all would like to have more content. But...
You can't make a revolution here.
You can't suddenly with few posts change the way devs working.
You can still enjoy what you already bought and that without additional costs for the rest of your life. Ever tried online racing? It's far more fun than just "try" out hundreds of different cars. We had 21 starters 2 days ago in an event. Most of us got a fair share of fun. Today there will be other event,probably with even more starters. These guys will have lot of fun again for sure,like every week. Friday another event - another bunch of guys getting their fun. Yes,we could have a bit more variety in content,but it won't help to moad about that in forums,especially if you're someone,who bought the sim few days ago.
Or you can build your own better sim,with black jack and hookers. Your choise.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :LFS was never really boring... just lacks racers and for some people... motivation.

Agreed but i'll always find myself coming back from time to time!
I have almost all new racing simulators on the market including AC,rF2,PC2,Automobilista and guess what I play mostly LFS,sometimes I force myself to play and the others (love nordschleife) but not for long their physique annoys me.I prefer fictional track with good physics than laser scanned norschleife with shitty physics!
You are digging a hole man stop before u ran out of oxygen.
Quote from AfterAll14 :This is sad to see that LFS community is a bunch of unedaquate children. My post was meant to be realistic look at how things are. My conclusion is - LFS needs big jump, and that jump is possible. You took it as offense. If you wanna see LFS stuck in 2002 forever that is your problem. I hope LFS developers have different point of view.

Maybe u should read forum more and see what devs are working on Uhmm

Just saying playing few days single player u can't Judge the game. The power is in Multi player (for me LFS beats AC RF2 and PC2 online for me by far).
Quote from AfterAll14 :This is sad to see that LFS community is a bunch of unedaquate children. My post was meant to be realistic look at how things are. My conclusion is - LFS needs big jump, and that jump is possible. You took it as offense. If you wanna see LFS stuck in 2002 forever that is your problem. I hope LFS developers have different point of view.

You shouldn't have bought S3 license straight after 10 years break. You should have gone through the forum first where you could find tenths of threads about the topic you are rising now. It's all there...

Not one of us is satisfied with the progress, on the contrary... but, if you remember, it is December 2008 when it all started Smile . New tire physics which development stretched to the next almost 10 years. You should've asked for advice before buying the license, not just buy it and then start a rant Smile

LFS is "as is" kind of software. You buy it with no guaranties for future developments, Scawen himself said that a few times. Buy it if you like it, don't buy it if you don't.

So what kind of"big jump"is a big jump? If it stuck in 2002 then why don't you show that in real action like use TNT2 to play on it?
Well you can't because you just think it is just look same as you see in 2007, which is pretty a shame. You never want to play deep in this game category and you don't like no massive graphic improvement, which is actually can be solved by time as the s1 to s3 are the 100% same game, not AC to ACC, which is absolutely different thing. I think you may have to firstly ask 397 studio that why the RF2 look like RF1. In my mind RF2 graphic is even worse than LFS even it have DirectX 11.

My game review
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG