The online racing simulator
um...help!!
(14 posts, started )
um...help!!
um, help. first time back to lfs in months(bar a lan party) and no servers are showing on my list...none at all. what the hell?!?!?
#2 - Vain
Old patch? No internet connection? All cars disabled?
Tried everything?

Vain
You have the latest version?
yea, got the latest version etc, hmm. ill check that all firewalls are down and see if that works
Got the server filters set properly? Check your not hiding both public and private servers.
Gotta be something really stupid for a veteran as yourself to have this problem, hehe. Something you will be smacking yourself in the head about when you figure it out . Are you sure you got the patch U working right? It says 0.5U on your startup screen? Didn't accidentally hit S1 servers did you?
Have you unlocked v4?
gimme some credit, i have unlocked(first thing i did) it is the right version, im not hiding anything(private, public etc) and ive tried with demo, s1 and s2 servers.

hmm, me is confused.
Refeshed list? I have no idea what the problem could be.. sorry mate. This might warrant an email to the devs methinks.
#10 - Vain
Isn't there some network-debug-thingy? Shift+F8 says keys.pdf

Vain
Perhaps you're still banned? I pressume there was a reason you managed to do cold turkey ! lol...

More constructively, It does sound like a patch problem. Have you tried downloading to a fresh directory or did you apply the patch to an old install? It might be worth starting afresh.
yea, i deleted it all and downloaded a new version(made sure i kept the skins and setup folders...im not that stupid) and still nothing, so im thinking its something my end, as i have recently gotten a new pc.

and no im not banned...cheeky. i just dont play anymore as i never really have the time.
Does LFS Desktop show the servers?
Assuming your running XP, try shutting down the default firewall & run Zonealarm free or something similar, I have found that the windoze firewall can cause some issues with some programs.
Start/control panel/windows firewall/ off !!

um...help!!
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG