The online racing simulator
What's comming?
(5 posts, started )
What's comming?
Hi all.

I didn't find any fix topic saying what comming next / what is the plans.
There are a lot of suggestions, etc. But it's not clear for me what are the Devs plans.

Is is it placed anywhere?
It would be nice to have somehting like:
https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-roadmap-spring-2018/

Not with dates of course but it would be good to know.
We do not have a roadmap with timeline ( and I'm very thankful for that)

Read this thread for example Wink

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/91858-Is-LFS-just-a-hobby-project-for-its-creators%3F/page/2

From Scawen (4. Feb. 2018)
Hi, thanks for the support in this thread and your patience.

I confirm this is a full time job for Eric and me. There were some quiet years due to life changes but I can tell you we are really on the case now.

In the past year I have made a lot of updates to the graphical systems and there is much better support for different types of specular reflection including the shine on the road. The shaders are completely rewritten and structured better now as over the past few years I have got to grips with shaders (that was first stimulated by the VR support).

The lighting system is now done in a "gamma correct" way, i.e. processed linearly within the graphics system and only converted to sRGB at the output. Gamma correct rendering is an interesting subject if you are interested in that kind of thing and want to read up about it.

The specular reflections don't just appear automatically. Eric must visit each track and do an update to take full advantage of the new shaders. He is working hard updating the existing tracks and the results are very nice.

I've also recently been working on a new shadow system based on cascaded shadow maps.

So you should see a much better looking Live for Speed within a reasonable time frame. I won't speculate on how long it will be but Eric and I still have quite a few things to do, so don't hold your breath!
#3 - nacim
Cool guys!

Thank you!
@nazim

I did not know that there is an official Twitter account. Thank you too!
Maybe it should be made clear on the website.
(or maybe I need a pair of glasses Big grin )

What's comming?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG