The online racing simulator
champstat
(5 posts, started , go to first unread)
#1 - expr
champstat
champstat is an application that creates HTML presentation out of your well-preserved league replays, both race and qualifying. For each event, separate results pages are created, and additionally all results are combined in a series summary. To use this tool, you must create a directory for the executable (and conf), and then put all event replays into their own subdirectories (one per event – the name is ignored).
Then run the application (if everything goes according to plan, the application will run only very briefly, and you should have your HTML – errors may need acknowledging, but there's no user interface per se.)

Directory structure

champstat/
champstat/champstat.exe
champstat/champstat.conf
champstat/directory-names-dont-matter/neither-does-this.mpr
champstat/directory-names-dont-matter/or-this.mpr
champstat/event2/champstat.conf <-- event-specific rules
champstat/event2/q1.mpr
champstat/event2/q2.mpr
champstat/event2/race.mpr

Additionally, you can define your own scoring system by creating a file named champstat.conf. Also, event subdirectories can contain event-specific rules which by default inherit global rules. An example main configuration is included in the archive (lines starting with a semicolon are comments, and ignored by the application, but you should probably read them the first time). A word of caution: configuration files are not Windows Notepad files; you might be able to use Notepad to edit them, but you should not put any options on the first line because Notepad may add invisible extra characters at the beginning of the file, which prevents options from working.

The app is still very much in alpha stage, so bugs can be expected (especially with the Windows Console and its quirks). Suggestions are welcome.
Attached files
champstat-0.2.zip - 271.2 KB - 31 views
Works like a charm
I managed to get it running feeding with Fragmaster's League replays.
Please consider adding more settings for awarding shared points. For example
shared-points-fastest-lap-mode
shared-points-highest-climber-mode

It will avoid manually adding and removing points according to league rules.
#4 - expr
Quote from jackson93 :I managed to get it running feeding with Fragmaster's League replays.
Please consider adding more settings for awarding shared points. For example
shared-points-fastest-lap-mode
shared-points-highest-climber-mode

It will avoid manually adding and removing points according to league rules.

More granular options are now available (shared-points-mode-fastest-lap, shared-points-mode-fastest-qualifier, shared-points-mode-highest-climber).

Release 2 also has options for customising output table columns and their order.

(edit: oh, and just a reminder: there are existing tools – like mpres AFAIK – that can get you much fancier statistics from MPRs. Despite the generic description in the opening post, this tool is mostly about a very simple way of keeping track of points, where it should be okay as long your scoring system is simple enough and requires finish results anyway. Although I first started this tool to extract "silly" stats like gear change counts from replay data, I decided against using data from the undocumented parts of MPRs because, again, there are already tools for that... although I'd really like to fix that issue with fastest laps :-)...)
Hello there,

I have been using this great tool for tracking multiple seasons (http://borntorace.eu/fmgtileagues/, https://lfs-points.000webhostapp.com/so/) of leagues and it works great. Thank you, expr. So if anybody needs some tracking program based on LFSW names I can recommend champstat for you.

One thing that I think was omitted during development was information about amount of laps/time scheduled in the race.

---
EDIT

Hello again,

I found one bug with highest-climber-with-qualifying-time. In qualifying racer B2マ Skattle scored 18th position, but started the race from the back. He then got high climber for that. In race it says grid 34.
Replay qualifying.
Replay race.
Global config.
Event config.

champstat
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG