The online racing simulator
Nurburgring Nordschleife
(61 posts, started )
Quote from NENE87 :This is truly amazing.

thank u Smile

Quote from NENE87 :I'm really interested in how you can get the scale correct with the height map. I know how to distort my mesh, but the scale is not correct relative to Z.

in my case, I had elevation markers. I know highest and lowest elevation points on track. so I scaled height map generated mesh until those two points met and that's is how I scaled Z axis.

"Jules Tacheny" track seems relatively flat, it should not be too hard. but for hills, I do not know how to help u to scale terrain. maybe there is some known elevation markers, exact sealevel for "Jules Tacheny" maybe, it would give you some starting point. here I found Belgium topographic map, find your hill and use this map to scale your terrain Smile

I could not make GIS plugin to work and I did old fashion way, manual labor.
as for drone, I have none. I used drone footage that I found in internet. that's pure luck. Smile

anyhow, I am very happy that there is someone in this community that shares same skills, wish you good luck with your project and if you will need to talk to someone about it do not be shy write me a message or something Smile
Attached images
0uUEL.gif
Screenshot 2024-02-15 034735.jpg
Quote from gaboteam :hello fellow racers, hope you are all fine, making babies and drinking good wine. as for this thread, I am reviving it...

Wow! I'm in awe, this is simply amazing. Thank you for staying so dedicated and persistent towards pushing LFS to improve! I hope scawen sees this and actually considers this
Quote from Tazka :Nurburgring seems to be supportive towards giving licensing to video games according to this:
https://nuerburgring.de/business/vip-business/licensing?locale=en

huh, appears they have somewhat accurate representation of track. if there is interest, officials can write to provided email, what are the terms to get data...curious if they will provide data to individual, but doubt that. maybe I will write them. good find tho

Attached images
Screenshot 2024-02-16 150754.jpg
It's probably more expensive than an individual will afford.
cool
bump, i want this to happen so badly
Quote from gaboteam :
(Long Text)

Funny how much time has passed. I actually thought of this thread when the state of Rhineland-Palatinate went open data for good chunks of their geospatial information but it was inactive at the time.

If you search for “Geländemodell” at https://www.geoportal.rlp.de you find a dataset with a sparse point cloud in x y z ASCII of the whole state. That might be handy for the terrain modelling. However it is only with a grid width of 25 m. So it really is quite sparse.

Nurburgring Nordschleife
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG