The online racing simulator
No FPS increase or Decrease with graphics settings?
I just find it odd that having "MAX" settings or the Lowest settings makes no difference to the fps, roughly 350-400.
Specs
GPU> EVGA 1060 6G
CPU> Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2
Ram> 16 gigs @ 3066
Mobo> Asrock A320M-HDV
Attached images
t1.png
t2.png
#2 - nacim
Quote from bdog922 :I just find it odd that having "MAX" settings or the Lowest settings makes no difference to the fps, roughly 350-400.
Specs
GPU> EVGA 1060 6G
CPU> Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2
Ram> 16 gigs @ 3066
Mobo> Asrock A320M-HDV

That means you're CPU limited. But that's not a problem, having over 100 FPS in LFS is useless, it just generate duplicate frames, since physics are refreshed at 100 Hz and there is no interpolation.
LFS also run on one thread only, so that's normal, it's easier to saturate a single thread than it is to saturate a good GPU.
I suggest you enable LFS's framecap at 100 FPS, so you don't waste CPU and GPU ressources and generate more heat and load than necessary. Wink

EDIT: Nice build BTW Thumbs up
#3 - asyed
Quote from Whiskey :You did not read (or at least understood) what nacim wrote.

But it definately does feel like my game is smoother on 350-400 fps rather than capped on 100.If you are having problems with your cpu heating at its full utilization then you may need to invest into better cooling.
#6 - asyed
Quote from Whiskey :You did not read (or at least understood) what nacim wrote.

Duplicate frames. Did you watch the video on screen tearing?
Quote from asyed :Duplicate frames. Did you watch the video on screen tearing?

LFS only renders 100 fps. As you don't have V-sync enabled, so you will get tearing A.K.A. the very last last rendered pixels are displayed.

What the video you linked explains, is only applicable to games that do indeed render at higher fps.

In LFS, you can render at 500 fps, you will get 5 consecutive identical frames. It is not interpolating, as nacim said.

PS: same applies to physics/inputs. You only need to achieve 100 fps, it does not goes beyond that, because both loops are linked in LFS.
Ohhhh, I see. interesting, i always had it capped at 60 with vsync. I thought the game felt ALOT smoother having it uncapped, if only beamNG got that many fps..
#9 - bbman
Quote from nacim :[...]having over 100 FPS in LFS is useless,[...]

Quote from Whiskey :[...]You only need to achieve 100 fps,[...]

You are forgetting the most important thing here: screen refresh rate. Capping LfS to 100 fps on a 60 Hz monitor might even be the reason you get screen tearing, as the graphics card and the screen are in sync only every 5th frame... Without vsync, the best chance you'll have is if your fps are a multiple of both game and display refresh rate (and hoping both clocks switch at the same time), ie. for LfS on a 60 Hz display: 300 fps...
Quote from bbman :You are forgetting the most important thing here: screen refresh rate. Capping LfS to 100 fps on a 60 Hz monitor might even be the reason you get screen tearing, as the graphics card and the screen are in sync only every 5th frame... Without vsync, the best chance you'll have is if your fps are a multiple of both game and display refresh rate (and hoping both clocks switch at the same time), ie. for LfS on a 60 Hz display: 300 fps...

So... for every screen refresh you get 3 duplicate frames, and other 2, resulting in tearing like 1-1-2-2-2, 1-1-1-2-2 or 1-2-2-2-3.

I attach you a image of what happens in 1th of a second:
  • Red are new frames at 300 fps.
  • Cyan is LFS 100 Hz/fps refresh rate.
  • Blue is a 60 Hz display.

Can get a newer image running at a higher framerate? Yes, of course you can.
Will you get more than just a few 'better' lines in exchange of running above 100 fps? Not really. You are still getting almost exactly the same tearing while getting more noise and power consumption.
Attached images
LFS.png
Could be placebo effect but I'd rather 60fps vsync'ed over 100fps, whereas 300fps has little tearing.

Anyways, this thread is kinda irrelevant to me as I use Fast Sync
-
(Orance) DELETED by Scawen : spammer

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG