The online racing simulator
Map area completely nothing
(11 posts, started )
First of all, this is not a joke! I am very serious!

The reason I got this idea in my mind as I have built layouts which uses those grey/black, sliding areas, where there is completely sliding! It is kinda void, but there is bottom layer, where you cant drop and get message as retired. ( or something like that, I use finnish language and user interface )

There would be absolutely no scenery, no physical paths, NOTHING! nothing than that icy bottom layer! Or it can be tarmac as well, or whatever, does not matter!

I would like to see this absolute sandbox area, where you simply and only build tracks and circuits with layout objects only! My imagination has started to create complex and interesting things and because map areas are getting updated and because objects and physical paths are increased, there is "less" open space to build up any!

Even Autocross area, being updated in some point or not, would increase methods to build, but would also prevent something we already have now as possible to create. Something between on that would also be okay, but seems that is not the goal how developers would like to achieve. So in that point, I approach on different way and give some thoughts for it!

I am pretty sure that would cost about... well, not much time I guess? Anyway, it is not joke! Besides, that would also give some more space when looking on fps. Less scenery and physical paths and other details, the better the fps and more possible to build something fancy.

This is not related directly as track editor or something like that. Using only autocross objects would not be the thing to build real track models, but at least there could be something special, if not calling as an easter egg!

There could be so much enough content for while, at least for me, definitely! Not mentioning how much there is still left to be exploit!

Also, biggie biggie!

This is similar like having open space, but instead of having an actual environment, how about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Nothing else than the very bottom layer of slippery void!
Attached images
lfs_00000402.jpg
lfs_00000403.jpg
You can get back to 0.6Q (not longer works in 0.6R) version, and take AUTOCROSS_GHOST.wld file from DCON, rename it to Blackwood.wld and place it in LFS\data\wld folder (remember to backup orginal file). And you will get large empty area Wink

But yeah original big empty map would have been a good addition to LFS (like more objects, amount and types).
Attached images
lfs_00002716.jpg
That is not the same thing though, unless it is multiplayer compatible, and seems newest version does not support it.

But yeah, that would do it!
Sounds like:

Big grin
#5 - troy

You got it all wrong zeugni, thats how you do it!
Why rainbow road anyway?
Quote from troy :

You got it all wrong zeugni, thats how you do it!

Ah great, matches the physics of the game.
#9 - gu3st
Duh!!!! Frown
Bringing this up again, because inspirations

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG