The online racing simulator
Camera options + misc + kick plate
I have been doing lots of camera work lately, here are some improvement suggestions which would make it easier for me to capture a scene:
  • A 'lock' option which locks the camera in 'shift + u mode' at an specific angle to the vehicle. The current follow cam always points in the same direction. I would like an option which lets me place the camera for example directly at the front of a car and then when the car follows through a turn the camera still points to the front of the car. I though thats what the 'lock' feature is for, but its for something different.

• There is one feature that I really like in 'shift + u mode', when you press both mouse buttons you can use your mouse to rotate the camera around a car. It has one shortcoming though; it uses the mouse cursor as a reference, so when you hit the edge of your screen you can not rotate the camera anymore in that direction. Therefore you can not do a 360° around a car, in addition it becomes hard to achieve a constant turning speed and it looks unsmooth.
    As demonstrated in this small clip: https://gfycat.com/SentimentalSelfassuredBighornsheep

I think a better way of using this feature would be to use the center of the screen as reference and every step that you move your mouse cursor away from the center of the screen it increases the speed in which the camera rotates around the car. So if you place your mouse cursor on the left side of the screen the camera keeps spinning around the car eventhough your mouse does not move at all. Then you can control the spin rate by slightly adjusting the mouse.
Two More improvement suggestion not related to camera options:
  • I think many suggestions related to organizing your setups in game as already been made, but I haven't seen this one mentioned: If you load a setup into LFS by clicking on it in windows which is already in your LFS list '(1)' gets added to the setup in LFS. If the character length is already maxed out you can not delete it from your setup list in LFS, because you can not select it without getting the message that the name is too long.

• Kick plate for the autocross editor. A kick plate detects when the rear wheels of a car are on the plate and then flicks to the side sending the car in a controlled oversteer. Here is a video showing its effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbqQt0ZPfvQ
    This could be very fun on autocross layouts, cruise/drift servers and last but not least in the LFS training missions.
It would be nice to have a camera set up relative to the car in LFS, not just following it. Because it would allow to record proper audio.

All your camera suggestions are covered by LFS Record, though in-game improvements are always nice to have.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG