The online racing simulator
Drift Lapper To insim??
Hello all racers, i have Drift Lapper, and i wanna know if i can make it to the Insim? If this is possible? And how? :/
What is an "InSim"?

"InSim" is a protocol that allows an external program to communicate with Live for Speed. It allows you to create a socket connection with the game and to send and receive packets of data. These packets can be used to control LFS, send various commands, and request information.

Lapper is an InSim, as is Airio, Prism, etc.

If you're actually asking how to get the drift scoreboard to work with your copy of lapper, then read this post HERE.
Quote from sinanju :What is an "InSim"?

"InSim" is a protocol that allows an external program to communicate with Live for Speed. It allows you to create a socket connection with the game and to send and receive packets of data. These packets can be used to control LFS, send various commands, and request information.

Lapper is an InSim, as is Airio, Prism, etc.

If you're actually asking how to get the drift scoreboard to work with your copy of lapper, then read this post HERE.

I mean something diferent. In Live For Speed Is lapper, and insim for drift.. I drift insim works better and faster than lapper.. Its my opotion.. Sry for my language! I already have Drift insim but with my code is something wrong. One guy told me when i need to calculate angle between 2 vectors, and i dont know how. So im asking if i can turn drift lapper to drift insim..
Simple answer is no.

The drift scoreboard is only an add-on for lapper.

Feel free to make your own, but you have to use the built in player functions within lapper - if you look in the lapper directory, you will find a file called playerVars.txt - this lists all the player variables that you can output. The one used in lapper is AngleVelocity.

Thing is, lapper, for us users, is a very simplified coding language made up by someone (Gai-Luron) to interface with LFS through the InSim protocol. All the hard work has been done for us, and basically converts lapper language into the proper InSim commands. Its not a coding language like C++, where you can make up your own functions and get do the math to work out vectors, etc.

In my opinion, if anyone has a non lapper drift insim, then they won't give to anyone else. Why should they? They've likely spent a lot of time and effort coding it (I'm talking weeks/months; not a few hours) and it might be the 'selling' point for people to use their server instead of the other 200-300 other servers available. Giving the code to you and others just means less people going on their server.

To be honest, if there were no drift scoreboards available anywhere, and I was making it now for first time, I wouldn't make it public.

The moral of this story?

Unless you're going to offer someone thousands of Euro's for what you want (based on hundreds of hours efforts at a decent [European] rate of pay), then get used to using the lapper drift scoreboard script. It's free, it works, and is consistant for everyone that joins your server.

As a demo user - someone who hasn't bought a license (I don't care if you say you don't have the money because running a server costs money) anything you can get for free is a bonus.

And if you look at the whole LFS forum, especially the Programmer section, you'll see that the lapper section is the ONLY section where you get free code. And also help when it goes wrong, or you're trying to do something.

Also. You've helped me come to a decision about something.

As a demo user, you (and other demo users) are making absolutely no commitment to LFS - buying a license is what I would call making a commitment - so I'm going to stop giving lapper help and advice to demo users.

For all I know (although suspect is true), demo users running lapper are probably using it on cracked servers. I'm not willing to help anyone who's not willing to help pay for LFS.

You have free game content along with free InSim software. Like every other game in the world, on whatever platform, if you want more, then you will have to pay for it. In this case, that means buying a proper LFS license.
Quote from sinanju :so I'm going to stop giving lapper help and advice to demo users.

For all I know (although suspect is true), demo users running lapper are probably using it on cracked servers. I'm not willing to help anyone who's not willing to help pay for LFS.

You have free game content along with free InSim software. Like every other game in the world, on whatever platform, if you want more, then you will have to pay for it. In this case, that means buying a proper LFS license.

Excellent decision. Everybody should do this.

I think it's even best to take away the whole [server side] InSim system from demo. Demo supposed to be a short preview of LFS. A lot of people making an art out of stealing nowadays.

Although I just came to think of such a decision could "promote" stealing even more... Difficult.
I half agree with that. No ... Ok ... I agree with it. Take InSim away from the Demo Users.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG