The online racing simulator
New Aston Textures
(25 posts, started )
New Aston Textures
New Aston Textures
  • New tarmac texture (2048 px² | light & dark version)
  • New grass textures (2048)
  • New curbs (3 Versions: blue&red, red, blue)
  • New colors in pitlane (blue and new red)
Screenshots:

16xAF & 8xAA used in all screenshots

I know the rar-file's bit confusing, but this was the quickest way. If you want to use the default textures of my pack, just unzip the dds-files which aren't in a subfolder. If you want to use the dark tarmac textures unzip the textures in the darctarmac-folder. Thats it.

Download: New Aston Textures
i like the look of the dark + red texture. Its a shame you can see where the textures join on the grass and pitlane but im sure i wont notice it when im doig 250 kph

Downloading now.

*edit*

Ok it i put on dark track + red pit and curbs. I think it looks awesome. The only issue i have is the white concrete strip behind the curbs looks a bit ugly. Very well done thunder and thanks a lot!
Just gave them a run, and I really like the dark+red combination
(but blue doesn't look too bad either... argh, I'm torn )
Quote from sil3ntwar :The only issue i have is the white concrete strip behind the curbs looks a bit ugly.

I think white looks better then the original green... but you can change this easily... just swap the texture with the old one.

And thx! I want to do Kyoto in a similar way...
Well remember that Eric is doing a texture update for Kyoto so you might want to wait till thats done.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Well remember that Eric is doing a texture update for Kyoto so you might want to wait till thats done.

I don't think he'll use high-res textures. May be better then the ones we have now, but still 1024... and they look a bit too blury for me.
Very nice thank you, dark+red works well
#8 - axus
Downloading now... one suggestion from the pics, put some dust and bits of grass on the edges of the curbs because they look a bit... out of place. Nice work otherwise
Very nice there i like the light+red combination
#10 - axus
They might need a bit of sharpen filter methinks.
Quote from axus :put some dust and bits of grass on the edges of the curbs because they look a bit... out of place.

Nice tip, I'll try this...

Quote from axus :They might need a bit of sharpen filter methinks.

Just the curbs or all textures? I won't apply any more filters to the tarmac nor the grass, because I think the tarmac looks good now and the grass would look like a pure noise filter from photoshop...

But yes, the curbs need work...
Put the dark textures and red curbs into the dds folder but see no change? still the unrealistic light textured road ?
any ideas?
And you did actually overwrite the files in the dds folder? Or did you just put the subfolder in there? Also, did you restart LFS so it reloads the textures?
Quote from AndroidXP :And you did actually overwrite the files in the dds folder? Or did you just put the subfolder in there? Also, did you restart LFS so it reloads the textures?

yea overwrite the dds file in dds folder.
Remember to take backup first
Quote from Citywidemicke :yea overwrite the dds file in dds folder.
Remember to take backup first

Did all that guys, re booted machine as well and smiled a lot still made jack difference there is no change in Aston track at all
Okay again:
  1. Unpack the .rar file into a temporary folder
  2. On every following step, there MUST be "Do you want to overwrite? Y/N" dialog boxes! If not, you're doing something wrong
  3. Copy ALL (16) dds files from TEMP\aston_new to LFS\data\dds
  4. Copy ALL (4) dds files from TEMP\aston_new\darktarmac to LFS\data\dds
  5. Copy the GWcurb1.dss from TEMP\astion_new\redcurbs to LFS\data\dds
In the end, the LFS\data\dds foder must contain the overwritten files, alot of other dds files and NO subfolders (if there weren't any there before).
Quote from AndroidXP :Okay again:
  1. Unpack the .rar file into a temporary folder
  2. On every following step, there MUST be "Do you want to overwrite? Y/N" dialog boxes! If not, you're doing something wrong
  3. Copy ALL (16) dds files from TEMP\aston_new to LFS\data\dds
  4. Copy ALL (4) dds files from TEMP\aston_new\darktarmac to LFS\data\dds
  5. Copy the GWcurb1.dss from TEMP\astion_new\redcurbs to LFS\data\dds
In the end, the LFS\data\dds foder must contain the overwritten files, alot of other dds files and NO subfolders (if there weren't any there before).

Thanks Android but I did all that I'm very familiar with unpacking zips rars and putting them in the correct folders

still oesn't work for me if you don't beleive me I'll make a video showing the exact steps i do
Well, seeing that some people even have problems installing LFS I just thought I'd make sure you do it correct (as I don't know how much you know computers)

It's still very strange how you manage to make it not work as this is a pretty simple thing and almost fool proof

Are you sure that you don't have multiple LFS installs and extract the files to the wrong one? Or are there still files in the data\pic folder with the same name as the new dds files (though iirc that shouldn't bugger up anything). I can't really think of anything else
Nice Thunder.I tried the dark tarmac for about an hour yesterday, and it felt just a bit too dark in certain places.A bit lighter and we're there
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, seeing that some people even have problems installing LFS I just thought I'd make sure you do it correct (as I don't know how much you know computers)

It's still very strange how you manage to make it not work as this is a pretty simple thing and almost fool proof

Are you sure that you don't have multiple LFS installs and extract the files to the wrong one? Or are there still files in the data\pic folder with the same name as the new dds files (though iirc that shouldn't bugger up anything). I can't really think of anything else

No I don't have multiple installs, just LFS and seperately LFS viewer, now I made sure it was the LFS and not viewer folder the files were dropped into, however, I found the problem, feel such a idiot!:banghead:

I had made a copy of my dds folder and dropped that folder into the LFS root, so I had LFS/dds and the normal LFS/data/dds

Late nights etc did the rest I'd dropped them into the dds folder in lfs but not the data/dds folder Doh!

They work now!!
Moved to Miscellaneous Addons
dead link
You bumped a 2 year old thread! But I would also like to have these textures.

New Aston Textures
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG