The online racing simulator
What happened? [downtime]
(21 posts, started )
What happened?
LFS client +lfsw+lfs.net comes down. ? change server domain? any one know? updates?
idk what happened, it was offline the entire day
Our switch died which led to instable connectivity all day (it wasn't optimal for a few weeks now actually). Tonight after a reset it didn't work at all anymore.
I've installed a temporary switch now, and everything should be back to normal. There will be some planned downtime further down the road to replace the loaner with a permanent one.
ah i was wishing something to do with new updates Big grin ahh i see np
We all did.
Quote from Victor :Our switch died which led to instable connectivity all day (it wasn't optimal for a few weeks now actually). Tonight after a reset it didn't work at all anymore.
I've installed a temporary switch now, and everything should be back to normal. There will be some planned downtime further down the road to replace the loaner with a permanent one.

I hope that you will announce it so we wouldn't be surprised once again Smile
Quote from kristipops1 :ah i was wishing something to do with new updates Big grin ahh i see np

Funny that! Big grin

Although you are not alone in thinking that, in fact when we do an update, we never take the websites down for several hours with no warning!

Anything we plan to do, should happen seamlessly. Website downtime is really bad for the community and business, so if such a thing happens during prime time and without an announcement, it must mean something has gone wrong.
do not hesitate to warn us for an update by the end of this week.

I have to admit that I was of those who were F5ing the site yesterday night Big grin
#9 - Ped7g
[joke]Scawen got fed up of forum whiners, and let you taste, how it will be when LFS will be truly dead... Wink Big grin
Quote from Ped7g :[joke]Scawen got fed up of forum whiners, and let you taste, how it will be when LFS will be truly dead... Wink Big grin

Legendary joke, I like it! Big grin (the joke)
this becomes desperate. why not say so at least some detail? I know devs as Beamng or other games and the devs say something without problems. Scawen not ... some detail every x months or years ... Frown
Quote from Scawen :Website downtime is really bad for the community and business, so if such a thing happens during prime time and without an announcement, it must mean something has gone wrong.

Use LFS twitter account, might stop some worries and speculations.

Under my name it still says
Quote :Online at :
NDR.Kyoto 250

Think it happend to people who yesterday were online at the time?
For some players it has updated now, maybe because they were online in meantime. I was not online yet so it still stays..
Quote from Gutholz :Use LFS twitter account, might stop some worries and speculations.

Should be obvious to anyone :S It doesn't seem that hard to tweet some words in the 4 first hours of an unexpected failure.
#15 - Be2K
Rockingham Banner .... *sigh* good ol' times Big grin
Do people actually use Google Plus? I was looking over at Twitter, but nothing got communicated... Smile
Quote from Gutholz :Use LFS twitter account, might stop some worries and speculations.

You are right - we should have used it, but tbh i've just completely forgotten about it.
Quote from Gutholz :
Under my name it still says
Quote :Online at :
NDR.Kyoto 250

Think it happend to people who yesterday were online at the time?
For some players it has updated now, maybe because they were online in meantime. I was not online yet so it still stays..

ah hm yes, indeed if you go online it'll be 'fixed'. The stats that were generated during the downtime (going offline is a stat as well) have been lost unfortunately.
But i'll have look at fixing it on my end.
Well, that's a bit of a relief! I was worried you guys just got sick of it all and pulled the plug

And yeah, the twitter account eventually occurred to me (not updated for some weeks tho), but I had no idea there was a Google+ account (last updated in Sep '14 Big grin).
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :erhm... use this next time devs Wink

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+liveforspeed/posts

If they posted on Google+, nobody would have known why the servers were broken.

Facebook is actually used by people.
mmmmh. i not use much social network. maybe facebook. but... that need a 1 o 2 sites general info. facebook its good idea and twitter ( already ) maybe more notices from another sites. vandal or web's sponsor . but need some notices every weeks lfs can grow up

What happened? [downtime]
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG