The online racing simulator
V-sync fullscreen steals my 175 frames !!!!! Its amazing !!!!!
Good morning, excuse me for my English, I am holder of the great LFS S2 license, I am also owner of a rift dk2 oculus, is the best experience I've had so far with my dk2, far above any other title of simulation cars.
My computer is a I7 3770K, 16 ram, asus geforce gtx 690 4 video, W7 Ultimate 64 bits, Houston I have a problem !!!!!!!, when active in the configuration menu the option v-sync full screen, the frames I get in 75 fixed and constant fps, which causes me dizzy , I win a lot in graphic quality, but the downgrade of frames is impressive and amazing.
As I turn off the only option I frames up to 200/250 frames !!! and the experience is far better, I do not have any dizziness, but the low quality graphics me a lot.
I can not understand that only the v-sync enabled fullscreen 175 frames diminishes me, it is not possible !!!.
Play in extended mode and I have my monitor screen as pricipal and HP ZR30w rift as a second monitor.
Please as I can enable this option for better quality graphics without having this huge drop in frames as ????
I can edit some configuration file ??? ini ??? dll ??? etc etc .

Thank you very much for creating this crown jewel called LFS.

Greetings from Spain
That's the idea of v-sync - it syncronises the framerate with the refreshrate of your screen!
First of all, thank you very much for your help, is there any way to accomplish this best graphics quality offering me the v-sync full screen without blocking the frames at 75 fps ???

It occurs to me, for example, apply a v-sync BUT NOT BE A FULL SCREEN for me to rise above 75 fps.

You can edit some ini dll file etc to modify some command line or ???

My graphics card even with v-sync enabled has power to spare to give me more than 75 frames !!!!!

The problem is that these 75 frames, I start to feel sick, sweating, dizziness, stomach pain, etc etc

Take it off, I go up to 200/250 frames and do not suffer any symptoms, but the graphic quality is seriously challenged.

Please ??? can help me, I have a graphics card for 500€ and I can not use it 100%.
Lol wut?

Your screen most likely is only 75Hz, so vsync will limit the FPS to 75. Anything above that cannot be displayed by your screen.

I guess we call something like this the placebo effect.
V-sync stands for vertical synchronization and it locks to the 75 Hz of the screen in use, in this case the OR DK2. Most computer screens run at 60 Hz so it will lock FPS on 60. Totally normal behavior and has nothing to do with any quality change because it has nothing to do with quality.

So whatever you are doing, you are doing it wrong. It sounds like you just press some random buttons -outside- LFS.
V-Sync has no effect on image quality. Its only purpose is to make sure that your graphics card sends a new image to your screen exactly at the time when your screen is about to refresh. Without V-Sync you can get image tearing because the graphics card may send a new image to your screen before the screen is done drawing the previous image.

Refresh rate of DK2 is 75 Hz so you're not getting more than 75 FPS anyway no matter how fast the game may really run on your computer.
Thank you all for answering, dear friends, sorry to say, not because curious reason, but the game looks better with v-sync full screen, details such as the circumference of the tire, the outline of the car, the lines fences, trees, etc etc, there are many details to be and look better more defined activating this effect, it is not my suggestion, this afternoon I have been testing with three friends over, and all agree on the same and see what I see it, the technical explanation the know, but I can assure you it's like I'm telling you, greetings
I would be interested to see some screenshots of your LFS with V-sync on and off, to see that difference.
screenshots may not show that much of a difference, as they are static snapshots of just one frame.
the effect of v-sync is best seen in an actual moving scene, as the overall picture gets a little clearer and more "steady" due to two factors: first the fixed framerates do give the impression of a more steady picture (in some games the framerates do wildly variate from scene to scene and sometimes depending on the angle of view so the framerates are massively jumping up and down) and secondly, sometimes more obvious is the picture tearing that occurs with v-sync off when the top half of the picture rendered shows not the same picture in the lower half, because that picture is one frame behind. this can lead to jagged edges on fences and on the road and is more irritating to the driver. how noticable that effect is depends on how much variation there really is on your particular computer with that particular game, but tearing is often good to see in racing games, because of the road stretching out over the middle of the screen and constantly "moving".

peace, mo
Right, that could be what he described. I thought it would be something more than that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG