The online racing simulator
New player. Is 1:16:08 ok time?
I just did hot lapping on track rallycross Blackwood with XF GTI ( with that rallycross car setup that is offered in the game ) and my best time was 01:16:08. I used some cheap wheel and manual shifting.

I am curious how good / bad that is? What is the best time that people had with a setup like that?

Also I have seen one video where a guy had a time of 01:12 something but he used 3. gear where I use 2. etc.
If I tried that my car would have no power.
I was searching for some custom car setups and found a link here for some site with all different setups :

http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu but that means nothing to me. I have no clue what to do with that data. Can someone tell me the fastest setup for GTI for that rally map but translated in to something that I could use.

Also I tried racing online ( demo version ) and I can not find any normal server with this rally map (I do not like that other one ). Every server I join is some crash server or people just drive around without race actually starting.

But driving feels great in this game, the game looks ok and it runs great. Also I LOVE the custom cam. That should be a must in every racing game. I just wish online racing was better and I would gladly buy this game.

( 15.10.2014 ) Update:

I just did 1:14:11 with that mr.sam setup. ( You can corners so much faster and it has more power but I just hate that my wheel is not like those expensive wheels that you can turn around like in real car )
Also after watching that vid I could do even faster. That guy actually switched to first gear at one time and it was good to see how he enters some corners. That is what I could see but there are probably more details that I did not notice.

Really great game, but like I said I wish pvp was better.

p.s. Is there ghost racing option? Can I race against a ghost car from some other player that has a WR on some track? ALso are there ghost servers where opponents cars are "ghosts" so no crashing? It is not realistic of course but it would be like hotlaping with a difference that you are not alone so it would be better.

15.102014 time 23:11 I had a time of 1:11:70 against bots. 4sec improvement in one day is not bad. And I had my first win against people and bots. Setting up a car means so much. I just wish I had some better wheel with manual shifter and more degres of turning.

October.16.2014 I manged to do a hot lap of 1:12:30 yeeee
#2 - lfsrm
WR is around 1.07.7* so you have to practice hard to do 1.08, there are plenty of good setup for rallycross, you can try mr.sam setup to start practice with: http://www.setupgrid.net/?action=setup&setup_section=hotlap&get_setup=get&setup_id=XFG@BL2

there is no many driver like was in the past who still play in rally server, crash server are the only one with some form of popularity.

anyway if you need help we can connect to a empty server so I can give you some setups and trick .
Your other option is single player, and that's where I do most of my practicing.
Quote from lfsrm :WR is around 1.07.7* so you have to practice hard to do 1.08, there are plenty of good setup for rallycross, you can try mr.sam setup to start practice with: http://www.setupgrid.net/?action=setup&setup_section=hotlap&get_setup=get&setup_id=XFG@BL2

there is no many driver like was in the past who still play in rally server, crash server are the only one with some form of popularity.

anyway if you need help we can connect to a empty server so I can give you some setups and trick .

Is there a video of that record time? I can not find it on youtube. Thanks for that link for setup. I figured out how to use that. just download the file and place it in setups folder in the game. I actually had to google how to setup a car and all that and I could not find a simple explanation like that.

p.s. Thanks for the offer to help.
Quote from Trackso :Is there a video of that record time? I can not find it on youtube.

Log in at www.lfsworld.net and go to S2 Hotlaps -> Hotlap charts, click on Blackwood to select rallyx and there you will see the top times.

If you then click the lap time next to the first guy, it will download a single-player replay of his lap. Put the replay file into your data/spr folder and you can play it in your LFS from the Replays screen.
-
(S.E.T.H) DELETED by S.E.T.H : question already answered
Quote from Flame CZE :
Quote from Trackso :Is there a video of that record time? I can not find it on youtube.

Log in at www.lfsworld.net and go to S2 Hotlaps -> Hotlap charts, click on Blackwood to select rallyx and there you will see the top times.

If you then click the lap time next to the first guy, it will download a single-player replay of his lap. Put the replay file into your data/spr folder and you can play it in your LFS from the Replays screen.

Thanks, I just watched that vid ( no need to login at all ). That was educational. This game has so many good options.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
You might try joining a server around the peak hour (cca 18-19 UTC), there are usually lots of decent demo servers on.
Quote from Flame CZE :You might try joining a server around the peak hour (cca 18-19 UTC), there are usually lots of decent demo servers on.

I was just racing on one server and I actually won!

My best lap was 1:13:44. That felt great. Also a lot of people just crash by them self or make some big mistake, just by driving clean i was rank 4 in my previous game. This game is great.
What is the situation like if I buy it? It seems that there are more demo players so what is the point? I love that rally track and that little car.
And what is that S# people are waiting for? I really wish this game was more popular. Any plans on adding it to steaM? I am not a fan of Steam but it would bring more people.
The quality of racing is better on s2 servers. There will be tons of racers when the next physics update is released. I reccommend getting a nice wheel before upgrading to s2.

S3 is the next content license level that will include more tracks and cars. I speculate it may be released pretty soon with just 1 track and 1 car and be added to later.

I don't think Steam will ever happen. Traffic will not be a problem after updates.
The setup files that you download from http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ you have to double-click them to install them. Then you can select them in garage-screen of LFS.
If double-click does not work then move them by hand into folder at LFS\data\setups

Quote :Also I have seen one video where a guy had a time of 01:12 something but he used 3. gear where I use 2. etc.

He had different gear ratios.

Demo servers and crashing:
You have to watch the server names. Similiar question was answered here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1866786#post1866786

In demo there are less experienced players..sometimes they just do not start driving at green light because still trying to calibrate their wheel or find gas pedal or whatever.
Or they just want to drive and learn the track and are not interessting in starting new race, noticed that on the Rift server for example. Or people simply do not know how to vote for new race. (press shift+r)
On other hand you have some demo-racers who are super-fast because they have been driving the same single track for ages.
Good demo servers as I remember are: AirAttack, GTI Motorsport, [MRc] something

In S2 main interesst for me is events/leagues, in week there is too much to do all.
Events is bit strange to find, some you can easily find in "Events" subforum, others is more hidden.
Rallye does not seem common in S2, but still comes up from time to time...
For example next race in cityliga is rallye: cityliga.de/index.php/en/season/schedule#4-r03 and here seems to be some new rallye league: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86652 (but I can not read the language )

You can also press "2" after a race and save a replay. Then attach it to forum and people might be able to give you hints how to go faster.
(replays are saved in folder LFS\data\spr (for singleplayer) and LFS\data\mpr (for online))
Quote from Gutholz :The setup files that you download from http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ you have to double-click them to install them. Then you can select them in garage-screen of LFS.
If double-click does not work then move them by hand into folder at LFS\data\setups

Quote :Also I have seen one video where a guy had a time of 01:12 something but he used 3. gear where I use 2. etc.

He had different gear ratios.

Demo servers and crashing:
You have to watch the server names. Similiar question was answered here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1866786#post1866786

In demo there are less experienced players..sometimes they just do not start driving at green light because still trying to calibrate their wheel or find gas pedal or whatever.
Or they just want to drive and learn the track and are not interessting in starting new race, noticed that on the Rift server for example. Or people simply do not know how to vote for new race. (press shift+r)
On other hand you have some demo-racers who are super-fast because they have been driving the same single track for ages.
Good demo servers as I remember are: AirAttack, GTI Motorsport, [MRc] something

In S2 main interesst for me is events/leagues, in week there is too much to do all.
Events is bit strange to find, some you can easily find in "Events" subforum, others is more hidden.
Rallye does not seem common in S2, but still comes up from time to time...
For example next race in cityliga is rallye: cityliga.de/index.php/en/season/schedule#4-r03 and here seems to be some new rallye league: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86652 (but I can not read the language )

You can also press "2" after a race and save a replay. Then attach it to forum and people might be able to give you hints how to go faster.
(replays are saved in folder LFS\data\spr (for singleplayer) and LFS\data\mpr (for online))

How do I attach that to the forum?
when replying click "Preview in Full editor", then you see attachment-options under the text field.
Ok. But what then? On what option do i click, what do I use? I do not know how to attach something that is on my PC. Do I have to upload it somewhere first or what?
Under the text "Select one or more files :" you click the button to select the file from your computer, and then click "Upload / Update" and wait for it to finish uploading.

(I hope demo racers can upload attachments now, unlike on the old forum)
I do not have that option " Select one or more files ". So I guess demo racers can not do that.
Unfortunately this game is bad. I said before that it is great but what is the point if you can not play online. Driving is great, custom camera and other options are great but private servers completely ruin it.
There are 3 servers with a rally map and only one has people on it and it is a "pro" crash server. Why do you even allow servers like that? Since this is a sim game when new people start playing and join a server like that, why would they stay?

Even buying the game changes nothing since apparently rallycross map is not popular.I guess my only option is to play on that other track since most servers have that but I just do not like it.
Are there any plans to improve pvp? maybe matchmaking or offical servers with no crash allowed? Probably not. Too bad.

I just hope that Asseto corsa will have better online gaming so that I can play that.

p.s. I do appreciate this demo. It is nice to be able to try a game like this but I do think it could be a very popular game if you actually improved online racing.
Try [AA] Rallycross GTI, that should be a decent server.
#18 - col
Quote from Trackso :There are 3 servers with a rally map and only one has people on it and it is a "pro" crash server.

Some people filter out empty servers.
If you want to race rally, join an empty server and do some practicing. Then the server will show up as not empty, and there is a better chance people will join. If you are lucky and 2 or 3 people join, then that will attract others... Sometimes this works, sometimes not.

FWIW, you are much better off with S2 instead of demo.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG