The online racing simulator
Last call for translations - 0.6G full version tomorrow!
Hello Racers,

We plan to release full version 0.6G tomorrow.

Compared with 0.6F, it has Oculus Rift DK2 support and graphical improvements.

Releasing this will allow me to concentrate on the programming for the Westhill update.

You can test 0.6F11 on the Test Patch thread: www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86202

Some translations have not been updated and it would be great if they could be:

Japanese, Estonian, Hungarian, Serbian, Swedish, Dansk, Turkish,
Catalan, Castellano, Romanian, Norsk, Galego, Suomi, Slovenski

Thanks, Scawen
If I can get what needs to be translated and the current romanian translation that needs to be updated, I could give it a try, unless the person who actually is supposed to do this shows up.
"Romanian" maintained by: kitu_gudu
Last activity : 5 Feb 2014

Doesn't seem likely that he shows up,as e-mail to translators has been sent more then a week ago.
bogdani.cojocaru - I've sent you an email
As long as I can get what needs to be updated on Finnish one - I could take a look and see what can I do.
Thank you for the offer but it's a bit different with Finnish. There was only one Romanian translator and he is not active. But there are 5 Finnish translators, including some of our beta testers. So I'd feel a bit silly adding one more at this moment.
Quote from Scawen :bogdani.cojocaru - I've sent you an email

Awesome! On it as we speak.

Edit: I also just replied to your email
Quote from Scawen :Thank you for the offer but it's a bit different with Finnish. There was only one Romanian translator and he is not active. But there are 5 Finnish translators, including some of our beta testers. So I'd feel a bit silly adding one more at this moment.

Yet the Finnish translation was last updated more than 2 years ago But I know what you mean.
I'm here to help in translating Hungarian if you want, as Hungarian is my native language. Don't know who is the maintainer of our language, though.
I can help you translating to castellano if you want
If you want Scawen, i can update the Norwegian(norsk) translations. I may be a retired racer, but the game is still in my heart!
Quote from Flame CZE :
Quote from Scawen :Thank you for the offer but it's a bit different with Finnish. There was only one Romanian translator and he is not active. But there are 5 Finnish translators, including some of our beta testers. So I'd feel a bit silly adding one more at this moment.

Yet the Finnish translation was last updated more than 2 years ago But I know what you mean.

Well the past years there hasn't been much to update.

Now it's updated, but I don't feel comfortable just translating the strings of text. Matrixi or somebody that actually has a 3D headset should check whether they match the context. (Download here, save to LFS\data\language\)

ed. What's "3a_flsvsync Full screen vertical sync :" in relation to 3D?
"3h_predtrac Predictive tracking :" is hidden/displayed whether 3a_flsvsync is enabled?
Hello Scawen,

I can help you to update those two:

Catalan, Castellano,

Just need to know what I need to update/ add

Drop me an email if you want.
Thanks everyone. Some of the translations I mentioned have been updated now!
https://www.lfs.net/lfs_translate/public_translation_viewer.php?sort=edit

Quote from Krane :Now it's updated, but I don't feel comfortable just translating the strings of text. Matrixi or somebody that actually has a 3D headset should check whether they match the context. (Download here, save to LFS\data\language\)

ed. What's "3a_flsvsync Full screen vertical sync :" in relation to 3D?
"3h_predtrac Predictive tracking :" is hidden/displayed whether 3a_flsvsync is enabled?

Thanks for your help! Nice to see Finnish updated.

"Full screen vertical sync :" has always been there in Misc options. It does appear also in the 3D menu as it has special significance with the Rift. And yes, the predictive tracking option is only available when vertical sync is not enabled. Because with vertical sync enabled, there is a special accurate prediction provided by the Rift SDK.
Quote from Krane :
Now it's updated, but I don't feel comfortable just translating the strings of text. Matrixi or somebody that actually has a 3D headset should check whether they match the context.

Tried it out, all the Rift translations look accurate and correct. The initial health & safety OK button went over this bit of text though.

*Edit: Going through them again, "Alhainen virkistystaajuus" in the view/Rift menu might be better to be translated something else, because now it pretty much says low refresh rate which isn't entirely true. Not sure what I'd translate "low persistence" to in finnish... "alhainen/matala pysyvyys"? Or simply leave it untranslated, which seems like what most finnish tech sites have done regarding low persistence.
I can help you with Spanish version. Just tell me how
Thank you, Spanish is now updated
For the few remaining translations which are still not updated, I think I will check again in the morning. Some updates today meant I could not get to the full version this evening. I will release one more test patch this evening.

Then, after 0.6G, let's take our time to consider new translators for some of those languages, where the original translators aren't active on LFS any more. There is the new patch coming in a few weeks so it doesn't matter if there are a few missing lines in some of the translations, for now. Thank you for your offers.
Quote from Matrixi :Tried it out, all the Rift translations look accurate and correct. The initial health & safety OK button went over this bit of text though.
https://infotomb.com/s5ba5.jpg

I would say that's Scawen's problem...

Though, The " - Paina mitä tahansa nappia" -bit is redundant if there is an OK button visible. Is it needed or not?

Quote :*Edit: Going through them again, "Alhainen virkistystaajuus" in the view/Rift menu might be better to be translated something else, because now it pretty much says low refresh rate which isn't entirely true. Not sure what I'd translate "low persistence" to in finnish... "alhainen/matala pysyvyys"? Or simply leave it untranslated, which seems like what most finnish tech sites have done regarding low persistence.

Well I had no idea whatever that was the begin with.... From http://www.tomshardware.com/news/oculus-rift-cry..... I tried to decipher what it is. Pysyvyys I would think is wrong.

"Liikesumeus" on/off? src= http://muropaketti.com/crystal-cove-on-oculus-riftin-uusin-prototyyppi Though that creates another problem.... f.o.e. I still don't know what the funnything is an "umpilevy"
Quote from Krane :I would say that's Scawen's problem...

Though, The " - Paina mitä tahansa nappia" -bit is redundant if there is an OK button visible. Is it needed or not?

Well, I think it would be good to have something there to inform the users that they can also press any key to continue. "Ymmärrän - paina mitä tahansa nappia" is slightly too long aswell, as I just tried it out. This is why I hate translating software!

Quote from Krane :Well I had no idea whatever that was the begin with.... From http://www.tomshardware.com/news/oculus-rift-cry..... I tried to decipher what it is. Pysyvyys I would think is wrong.

Yes, tried to think what would be an accurate and short translation for it that would fit in the menu, but couldn't come up with anything better. Anyway, this is how tech sites have solved this translation "issue" and maybe it gives you further ideas how to translate it:

"Viiveen pienentämisen ohella yhtiö on onnistunut vähentämään merkittävästi pään kääntymisestä johtuvaa liikesumeutta ”low persistence” -tekniikalla."
Yeah you could leave out "or press OK". [ EDIT - I probably guessed wrong what you said - in English it's just "Press any key to acknowledge" which comes direct from the Oculus version. ]

It's annoying, I bet loads of languages do what yours does there, but it looks so nice in English with the button beside the text!
Is the "I've acknowledged"/"Understood" bit required?
Liikesumeus alone wouldn't work, unless you translate it as something like "Vähennetty liikesumeus" because toggling low persistence ON reduces the blurring.

Are these lines directly from the Rift, or can they be translated aswell?

I've made it drop two lines if it's going to draw the OK button on that Health and Safety Warning. I guess it's only English that is compact enough to fit in that space, so it's better this way.

Those ones on the side in that screen are not translatable, could have been but I won't add them now.

Last call for translations - 0.6G full version tomorrow!
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG