The online racing simulator
Practice results:

Qualifying:

Race:

- - - - - - - - - - -

These practice races are held to have practice in racing conditions and so everyone learn from their mistakes. Let's learn from mistakes while making pitstop of our todays leading trio. As usually the plain text is too difficult for some,as they obviously haven't read it,so I will show graphically with short explanation:

Pit entry:

Pits have to be entered on left side of green poles layed out at turn 3 entry,while car have to stay on apron for whole turn.
In this case you can see that xyx and Benni have done it right,while we see how Jati took unfair advantage,which helped him to win this practice race. In real deal he would receive a penalty,stripping him from victory!

Pitlane:

Pitlane is divided in 2 parts by the yellow line. Right side is the fast lane,left side is working area. Drivers have to stay on fast lane all the time,except when entering and leaving pitstall. The white line in this case just shows,where there is absolutely no need to cross yellow line. In this case Benni is cutting the line way too early,while the other 2 are already asking for penalty,as they left fast lane right after speed limit line. Believe me,you don't want to see,how wrong they were driving,when leaving pitstalls,they crossed many pitstalls,knocking down many pitstall marking poles and entered fast lane only short way before speed limit line. Bad driving,guys,shame on you!

Pit exit:

Also pit exit must be respected - [re]entering track is allowed just after passing green poles,layed out at turn 1 exit.
In picture you can see Benni doing it wrong,while Jati is already on raceline,but we already know that they pitted in same time - busted!

Some might ask - why so many rules on such things? Answer is simple: safety and fairness! Noone wants someone see suddenly braking full power right ahead when exiting turn 3,just because that someone decided to enter pits. Neither noone wants to avoid slow cars joining raceline at turn one. And also it's much better to keep it fair and predictible for everyone while in pitlane - since BF1 drinks it's tank very fast,it's a very high chance that many drivers have very similar pit strategy,keeping the driving in pitlane by rules will avoid possible misundestandings when many cars pit simultanously!
It's a long and very fast race,where every little incident can cost very much,let's keep it safe and fair by playing by same rules as everyone!
#27 - xyx
Quote from Gutholz :I messed up
Hit wall a bit, damage, DT for speeding,..bit later slided in last turn and into pitlane..DT again. Think the crash at end onlyeffected me, still not so good

well .. everyone of us hade hard times on practice or event race before. If things wants to go wrong,they will go wrong and there is nothing you can do about it .... lets hope everyting goes well on race day !

xyx

BUSTED and ASHAMED

yes.... we did totally wrong few things .. but there was few bright moments for us We menage to pull away and have fun to the end
Haha I actually knew how to do it, but since these Corse cheaters cut over the pitlane lines, I did the same thing. And when exiting the pitlane I was fully aware that we had to stay to the left of the cones(just like entering the pitlane), but since this Corse / J A T I nub went straight onto the race track, I decided that I had to cut a bit off in a desperate attempt to catch this hacker, and prevent him for taking an illegal win.

I protest this illegal win from Corse / J A T I, he forced me to do illegal stuff too, please give some kind of penalty....
No need penalize me.
Yes, because before race start RG^tony told that pitentry is apron?? i dont know what it means so before race start i asked on TS from FM benni if its ok to go pit on wall, he said "sure no penalty will be given"... I think 50/50 situation here.
i win he loose
Basically rules are explained in main post,which noone reads as always.
No penalties will be given as these are just practice races,wrong actions will be just pointed out. However,penalties will be given in the real deal,so there is still time to learn.
#31 - EzA
Entry number: 49
LFSW name: eza
In-game name: [WCL] eza
Full team name: World Class Lions
Nation: Finland
#32 - xyx
LOL ... guys .... i see some of you still have good feeling for humor !!! keep it up .. cheaters .. i will get ya all sooner or later ... muahhahhahhaaaa
Entry number: 81
LFSW name: pandaboy
In-game name: [CSR] KJD 81
Full team name: Cruising Street Racers
Nation UK
Entry number: 66
LFSW name: Superb owl
In-game name: CruelGarfield
Full team name:
Nation: Finland -Changed my number
Quote from Superb Owl :Entry number: 69
LFSW name: Superb owl
In-game name: CruelGarfield
Full team name:
Nation: Finland

Number 69 is already taken,please select another number!
Depending on how events turn out, I may be without a wheel for this event, in which case I'd have to withdraw. I'll let you know once I figure it all out.
Summer 1000 last official practice
Timetable:
Friday,29th August
18:00 UTC / 20:00 CET - 30 minute free track qualifying session
18:40 UTC / 20:40 CET - 60 laps practice race + 1 pace lap

This practice session is designed for drivers to get familiar with car and track in racing conditions. Everyone (including not registered drivers) will be able to participate,but it's not a mandatory requirement to be able participate in the original event race.
Race will be started behind pacecar - if no driver will be found for it,it will be driven by AI with specially configurated setup. Pacecar speed will be around 240km/h (150mph) max and it will pull in pitlane (or spectated if driven by AI) right after exiting turn 3 of the pacelap. Start of the race will be just like in original race - single file and every car has to be completely behind car in front until reaching start/finish line,while leader may start to accelerate at will after entering start area (marked by red line)

Server will be password protected about 1 hour before start,pass as usually = green
Entry number: 64
LFSW name: Flame CZE
In-game name: S M.Kapal
Full team name: SAVAGE SimSports
Nation: Czech Republic
Practice results:

Qualifying:

Race:

- - - - - - - - - - -

Drivers with LFSW names: michal 1279, tralalala and Superb owl have still to pick available number (you didn't select one or the selected was already taken),until then you will not receive server info,which will be sent tomorrow around noon!
Entry edited - car number selected
Rony, some changes in my entry post, where I add team mate M.Zandmanis
Those tyres are pretty
Unofficial results
Qualifying:

Race:

MPR download

Note that these results are just a screenshot from original LFS scoreboard and does not include cumulated laps and retired drivers! Official results will be posted later!

If you have any protests,please post them as soon as possible,including all info - mpr time or lap,involved drivers,description of incident!
Amaizing long fun race!
Well i had to quit, because certain someone cannot brake after crash and drives down to the lane. Going 3 laps down before 50 laps done, meh.
Well it was something different..sense of speed made it interessting.
But honestly I think oval racing only really works with safety and live administration. Kyoto 500 was imo best oval race in that regard. Maybe it does not always need to be that strict but I think minimum of rules is needed:
If there is a bigger crash it needs SC to bring field together again. If someone drives into a crash without braking that needs penalaties etc.
Otherwise it feels more like autobahn driving.
Hope to see more such irregular events, just bit shorter maybe
I really enjoyed the event, and for now it seems I did indeed finish 4th, when top 5 was my goal.

I'm overall satisfied with my race, apart from a stupid mistake right after my first pitstop, and in the first few laps, I sadly gave Litro a bump, when drafting went wrong on the s/f straight, sorry for that Litro!

I want to thank Rony (and the drivers) for another great and fun event, and I hope there will be more to come! (And indeed a bit shorter maybe, haha).

I was live-streaming from start of Qualifying till end of Race. Can be viewed from my POV here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehHY6NJYhiY
Official results

(Full results in Summer 1000 spreadsheet)

Last saturday we finally found out how fast it is possible to complete 1000 kilometers using normal and unaltered Live for Speed content,the answer is - in 3 hours and 47,05 seconds,travelling with average speed of 331,887 kilometers per hour or 206,269 miles per hour. Allthough the race was very long and exhausting,the margin of victory was under one second - despite different strategies and situations in race,it all came down to last 12 laps where both leaders had a head-to-head battle,while the rest of the field were at least 3 laps behind.

M.Kapal made the fewest amount of pitstops (just 5) in his fuel effieciency based strategy on his way to victory in this race. Despite different strategy requiring 1 pitstop more then the winner,Rony had the cards in his hands by having more then one lap advantage over M.Kapal before the last neccesary splash and dash pitstop,but unfortunate small accident with teammate caused pace inflicting damage,meaning that hotlapping battle will mean lost race. After completing last pitstop,Rony returned on track just ahead of M.Kapal,who was able to overtake before Rony could reach normal race speed. Even if Rony was able to catch draft and later get back in lead,M.Kapal managed to run away in safe distance to lead last 7 laps and take the chequered flag. Last place on the podium was taken by the only 2 driver team - the number 34 entry with 2 Sex Tourism Organizers drivers - R.Grinvalds and M.Zandmanis.

Little statistics for this event:
Number of entries: 21
Accepted entries: 20 (1 refused due unavailable number)
Qualified: 14
Race started: 14
Reaced finish line: 9
Without rejoin: 7
On lead lap: 2

Polesitter: #96 RG^Rony (31,49s / avg. 340,680 km/h)
Winner: #64 S M.Kapal (3h 00min 47.05s / avg. 331,887 km/h)
Leaders: 2
Lead changes: 27
Most laps led: #96 RG^Rony (274 laps)

Fastest lap: #41 [WCL] A.Valta and #96 RG^Rony (31,10s / 344,952 km/h)
Highest climber: #70 T©L Gutholz (13 to 5, +8 positions)
Total number of pitstops made: 67
Highest registered speed during race: #49 [WCL] Eza (373,43 km/h)

Thanks to all for participation in the fastest 1000 kilometers of Live for Speed! I would like to throw this very same challange again next year just to see if it is possible to break 3 hour mark. On very optimistic though it was planned to be a annual event,where always the fastest possible LFS combo is used,but we know that nothing is granted in this world,so let's hope for the return.
Race Green Events invites everyone to it's events - currently there's only semi-weekly fun event Rony's Tuesdays Fun Race international,but the winter league All-wheel-drive Winter Series is planned to come back for it's 4th season,just like the 4th annual This is Crashmaaas !!! should be held in traditional 26th december evening.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG